Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Refs 2.0 - Page 3 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Refs 2.0

+15
SoccerXXX
omega striker
crazyET
OnTheSurface
allen04
bigtex75081
soccerman771
off_the_woodwork
go99
twotone
Soccerinsanity
randee42
finish1
my2cents
odie1993
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Refs 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Refs 2.0

Post by twotone 10/23/2012, 3:46 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:Here's a little twist for ya:

Last weekend on the field behind us, we heard a parent yelling across the field at his coach: "Coach _________ you should be yelling at the refs over that call!"

It was an interesting take on an angry parent over the call, and the rest of the parents stopped yelling at the ref over it....

and they get paid alot of money to yell at the refs too..... you'd think half of them think it IS their job rather than simply a part of it. wonder if training consists of vocal practice rather than tactics and fitness for the players.

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/23/2012, 5:18 pm

crazyET wrote:I will be the first to admit that I have often let my own emotions get the best of me. "Hi, my name is CrazyET and I'm an over zealous ref basher." Admitting it is the first step to recovery, right? However, I don't see the point of complaining on this website about a no-call that admittedly didn't affect the outcome of the game. Even the most experienced refs make mistakes and I'm sure this crew got much more right than this single possible missed call. Maybe it's time to move on. You guys have a great team that has, unfortunately, been on the short end of some very close games. I am sure that Spring brings renewed hope and hopefully better results because I believe your team is better than your record and standings reflect. Good luck the rest of the way.

You must know me CrazyET!! Actually it was two times the AR did this. People are in error when they think this is about outcome of the game. My point was how do refs make that kind of mistake. I can see a questionable call like maybe some over zealous players fighting for the ball and a foul gets called. I defer to the CR at that point. But this was more an observation that an AR can't possibly see if a player is off sides if they are 15 yards back from the spot they should be. I mean really? I know refs make mistakes but this was a pretty stupid error and not subject to interpretation. It was that clear. I am not sure if you know what team my BB is on but thank you for the good luck wishes!

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET 10/23/2012, 7:11 pm

Riquelme wrote:
crazyET wrote:I will be the first to admit that I have often let my own emotions get the best of me. "Hi, my name is CrazyET and I'm an over zealous ref basher." Admitting it is the first step to recovery, right? However, I don't see the point of complaining on this website about a no-call that admittedly didn't affect the outcome of the game. Even the most experienced refs make mistakes and I'm sure this crew got much more right than this single possible missed call. Maybe it's time to move on. You guys have a great team that has, unfortunately, been on the short end of some very close games. I am sure that Spring brings renewed hope and hopefully better results because I believe your team is better than your record and standings reflect. Good luck the rest of the way.

You must know me CrazyET!! Actually it was two times the AR did this. People are in error when they think this is about outcome of the game. My point was how do refs make that kind of mistake. I can see a questionable call like maybe some over zealous players fighting for the ball and a foul gets called. I defer to the CR at that point. But this was more an observation that an AR can't possibly see if a player is off sides if they are 15 yards back from the spot they should be. I mean really? I know refs make mistakes but this was a pretty stupid error and not subject to interpretation. It was that clear. I am not sure if you know what team my BB is on but thank you for the good luck wishes!

cheers
I don't personally know you but I do know your bb's team. It is obvious from your past posts where you have refrained from making predictions regarding his games. I sincerely mean what I said about you having a great team and truly wish you the best. I have been right where you are but it does no good to air your grievances here. Just pray you don't get that AR in the future. We all have one maybe two refs we can't stand and hope to never draw again. Breathe, relax and try to enjoy the short time you get to enjoy watching your bb play.

Last edited by crazyET on 10/23/2012, 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
crazyET
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Turftoe96 10/23/2012, 9:02 pm

Who cares????? your a doucher!!!
Turftoe96
Turftoe96
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by love_your_refs 10/23/2012, 9:43 pm

Riquelme wrote:

cheers

If you get this upset when an underpaid worker does a poor job at part of their job one day that has zero impact on anything you are going to live a miserable life.

love_your_refs
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET 10/23/2012, 10:21 pm

Turftoe96 wrote:Who cares????? your a doucher!!!
Wow!!! Who was that directed at? Is the name calling necessary? Grow up.
crazyET
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by scrdad 10/24/2012, 9:18 am

Have to say that I was serving as a field marshal last year while a ref evaluator was watching the game. For a good chunk of the second half, it was the only game going on so I was standing by the evaluator, chatting every once in awhile. Great game, nil-nil. With about 5 minutes left, a shot barely skims off the keep's fingers over the bar. From the angle, I understood why the center couldn't tell it was off the goalie but the AR clearly should have seen it. CR signals goal kick, coach doesn't complain, parents don't scream, only the shooter raises his arms but then turns and gets ready for the goal kick. After the game, the evaluator is talking with the crew and raises this play -- the center says he was sure it didn't hit the keeper and that's why he didn't look for help with the call. The AR says he thought it went off the keeper but no one protested so he didn't offer any help to the CR. The evaluator looks at me, laughs, and says, "And that's why parents should always yell and scream at the refs." Clearly, he was joking but he went on to tell the AR (a younger guy) that if he sees something, he needs to have the confidence to call the CR over and tell him he made the wrong call. Everyone involved was clearly interested in improving their skills, and frankly it made me keep my mouth shut a lot more when on the sideline as a parent. That said, there still are a couple of horrible officials out there that the league really needs to move out.

scrdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 10/24/2012, 9:28 am

I will say, we've seen more evaluations going on this fall than we've ever seen in all the previous years combined.

...Even had roster checks!
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 10/24/2012, 11:15 am

Soccerinsanity wrote:I will say, we've seen more evaluations going on this fall than we've ever seen in all the previous years combined.

...Even had roster checks!
say whaaaaa where? s[ill it?Suspect
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by love_your_refs 10/24/2012, 11:42 am

scrdad wrote:Have to say that I was serving as a field marshal last year while a ref evaluator was watching the game. For a good chunk of the second half, it was the only game going on so I was standing by the evaluator, chatting every once in awhile. Great game, nil-nil. With about 5 minutes left, a shot barely skims off the keep's fingers over the bar. From the angle, I understood why the center couldn't tell it was off the goalie but the AR clearly should have seen it. CR signals goal kick, coach doesn't complain, parents don't scream, only the shooter raises his arms but then turns and gets ready for the goal kick. After the game, the evaluator is talking with the crew and raises this play -- the center says he was sure it didn't hit the keeper and that's why he didn't look for help with the call. The AR says he thought it went off the keeper but no one protested so he didn't offer any help to the CR. The evaluator looks at me, laughs, and says, "And that's why parents should always yell and scream at the refs." Clearly, he was joking but he went on to tell the AR (a younger guy) that if he sees something, he needs to have the confidence to call the CR over and tell him he made the wrong call. Everyone involved was clearly interested in improving their skills, and frankly it made me keep my mouth shut a lot more when on the sideline as a parent. That said, there still are a couple of horrible officials out there that the league really needs to move out.

At my BBs game in San Antonio last weekend, refs had headsets...I could hear the AR was constantly communicating with the center. That would be a nice addition for classic league refs. Not only does it help avoid this kind situation, without wasting time, and call a better game, I bet it would also help the experienced refs train the less experienced refs in real time...

love_your_refs
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by scrdad 10/24/2012, 11:48 am

love_your_refs wrote:

At my BBs game in San Antonio last weekend, refs had headsets...I could hear the AR was constantly communicating with the center. That would be a nice addition for classic league refs. Not only does it help avoid this kind situation, without wasting time, and call a better game, I bet it would also help the experienced refs train the less experienced refs in real time...

Perhaps that would have been a better investment than the Select balls!

scrdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 10/24/2012, 2:22 pm

Yes, Omega...

There were roster checks on all fields last weekend, and we've seen evaluations going on at least 4 times this fall?!

OMG...someone actually listened! sunny
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 10/24/2012, 2:52 pm

love_your_refs wrote:
scrdad wrote:Have to say that I was serving as a field marshal last year while a ref evaluator was watching the game. For a good chunk of the second half, it was the only game going on so I was standing by the evaluator, chatting every once in awhile. Great game, nil-nil. With about 5 minutes left, a shot barely skims off the keep's fingers over the bar. From the angle, I understood why the center couldn't tell it was off the goalie but the AR clearly should have seen it. CR signals goal kick, coach doesn't complain, parents don't scream, only the shooter raises his arms but then turns and gets ready for the goal kick. After the game, the evaluator is talking with the crew and raises this play -- the center says he was sure it didn't hit the keeper and that's why he didn't look for help with the call. The AR says he thought it went off the keeper but no one protested so he didn't offer any help to the CR. The evaluator looks at me, laughs, and says, "And that's why parents should always yell and scream at the refs." Clearly, he was joking but he went on to tell the AR (a younger guy) that if he sees something, he needs to have the confidence to call the CR over and tell him he made the wrong call. Everyone involved was clearly interested in improving their skills, and frankly it made me keep my mouth shut a lot more when on the sideline as a parent. That said, there still are a couple of horrible officials out there that the league really needs to move out.

LIKE Button.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Turftoe96 10/24/2012, 6:19 pm

crazyET wrote:

One doucher gets on here and goes on a rant that’s been done a thousand times and then everyone goes on and on and on about his ridiculous rant so the comment is directed at anyone who continues to drag this redundant and ridiculous thread out any more. Feel free to continue your rants and rebuttals and I’ll feel free to make my comments about the stupidity of it all.
Turftoe96
Turftoe96
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/24/2012, 6:24 pm

Turftoe96 wrote:
crazyET wrote:

One doucher gets on here and goes on a rant that’s been done a thousand times and then everyone goes on and on and on about his ridiculous rant so the comment is directed at anyone who continues to drag this redundant and ridiculous thread out any more. Feel free to continue your rants and rebuttals and I’ll feel free to make my comments about the stupidity of it all.

Wow. You really show a lot of class. If you have an opinion then give it. If you don't like or in your case, don't understand the thread then ignore it and go to another thread

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET 10/24/2012, 8:11 pm

Turftoe96 wrote:
crazyET wrote:

So I guess you're a "doucher" by your own definition for keeping it going with your ridiculous rant.
crazyET
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 10/24/2012, 10:09 pm

crazyET wrote:
Turftoe96 wrote:
crazyET wrote:

So I guess you're a "doucher" by your own definition for keeping it going with your ridiculous rant.

Now THAT is funny! cheers

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/25/2012, 9:30 am

love_your_refs wrote:

That is an awesome idea! I think I will make this suggestion to league officials. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3