Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Refs 2.0 - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Refs 2.0

+15
SoccerXXX
omega striker
crazyET
OnTheSurface
allen04
bigtex75081
soccerman771
off_the_woodwork
go99
twotone
Soccerinsanity
randee42
finish1
my2cents
odie1993
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Refs 2.0 - Page 2 Empty Re: Refs 2.0

Post by bigtex75081 10/23/2012, 8:25 am

soccerman771 wrote:What is an LR?????

No excuse for being 15 yards off from 2LD. NONE.

However, how many of you will let the coach slide for not realizing this and not adjusting the defense? If they aren't going to get the offside call, then adjust the D.

BTW, I'm not making an excuse for the ref, I am one as well. I'm just saying that any D1 coach should be able to see this and adjust their team. Parents yelling at the AR does zero good to remedy the situation.

Team manager should find a field marshal who then gets someone from the league over to watch the AR. Do something constructive.
No thanks... It's much easier for a couple dads (6'4" & 250lbs each) to stand there and yell at a 14 year old kid (5'2" & 85lbs) that's compelled to keep his/her back to them. Somebody has to teach that kid about respect, right? Somebody has to teach that kid about focusing on their job, right?

bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 10/23/2012, 8:44 am

Saturday:

BB's coach yelling after our forward called for being off-sides and headed for a 1v1 with goalie: "I told you to watch your off-sides. How many times do I have to tell you?"

Opposing team's coach: "Um, your forward was on-sides by like 2 yards. Horrible call by linesman."

BB's coach: "They are always horrible so I tell them to not even make it close, they need to be on-side by like 4 yards, then maybe they can get it right."

Laughing
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/23/2012, 9:53 am

However, how many of you will let the coach slide for not realizing this and not adjusting the defense? If they aren't going to get the offside call, then adjust the D.

BTW, I'm not making an excuse for the ref, I am one as well. I'm just saying that any D1 coach should be able to see this and adjust their team. Parents yelling at the AR does zero good to remedy the situation.

Team manager should find a field marshal who then gets someone from the league over to watch the AR. Do something constructive.

Great advice! First to be clear this is not about winning or losing there are other threads for that subject. This is strictly about this particular issue of AR (sorry for LR) being off the mark by 15 yards. Field marshall was told to get ref evaluator because this happened twice. Field marshal said "what for?" so there goes that piece of advice. The parents yells were aimed at CR who is responsible for his ARs doing their job. The coach should not have to gameplan for this type of mistake (kinder way to say it). So any other advice?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/23/2012, 9:54 am

bigtex75081 wrote:

No thanks... It's much easier for a couple dads (6'4" & 250lbs each) to stand there and yell at a 14 year old kid (5'2" & 85lbs) that's compelled to keep his/her back to them. Somebody has to teach that kid about respect, right? Somebody has to teach that kid about focusing on their job, right?

Yes! That person would be the CR. The CR needs to make sure that he does his job. Smart allic remarks but nothing constructive.

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 10/23/2012, 10:27 am

allen04 wrote:Saturday:

BB's coach yelling after our forward called for being off-sides and headed for a 1v1 with goalie: "I told you to watch your off-sides. How many times do I have to tell you?"

Opposing team's coach: "Um, your forward was on-sides by like 2 yards. Horrible call by linesman."

BB's coach: "They are always horrible so I tell them to not even make it close, they need to be on-side by like 4 yards, then maybe they can get it right."

Laughing

your coach is very wise...
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 10/23/2012, 10:31 am

Riquelme wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:

Yes! That person would be the CR. The CR needs to make sure that he does his job. Smart allic remarks but nothing constructive.
What is this string really about? Is your intention for this string to justify you losing your temper on a teenager in a public setting? What do you want us to do, say it’s OK? Do you want us to rally behind you as you scream angrily about a kid? Do you want us to validate your actions? Do you want us to say it’s OK to belittle a boy working the sidelines of a game so he can have $20 to put inside his new velcro wallet?

If that’s what you want here, I’m sorry because I’m not going to approve those actions. When I see these linesmen running up and down the sidelines, I see my son or daughter in a few short years. If some j@ckass adult decided to start screaming at one of my kids, I would lose my temper and that adult would be answering to me.

You’re supposed to be an adult. You’re not here to bully little kids. When you’re on the sidelines, act like an adult and not a bully.

No matter how many times you justify this to yourself, I’m not going to tell you it’s OK that you were yelling into the back of a kid because the was 15 feet past parallel. The initial failure may have been on that AR but it sounds like your failures in this situation were much worse.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/23/2012, 10:46 am

bigtex75081 wrote:
Riquelme wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:

What is this string really about? Is your intention for this string to justify you losing your temper on a teenager in a public setting? What do you want us to do, say it’s OK? Do you want us to rally behind you as you scream angrily about a kid? Do you want us to validate your actions? Do you want us to say it’s OK to belittle a boy working the sidelines of a game so he can have $20 to put inside his new velcro wallet?

If that’s what you want here, I’m sorry because I’m not going to approve those actions. When I see these linesmen running up and down the sidelines, I see my son or daughter in a few short years. If some j@ckass adult decided to start screaming at one of my kids, I would lose my temper and that adult would be answering to me.

You’re supposed to be an adult. You’re not here to bully little kids. When you’re on the sidelines, act like an adult and not a bully.

No matter how many times you justify this to yourself, I’m not going to tell you it’s OK that you were yelling into the back of a kid because the was 15 feet past parallel. The initial failure may have been on that AR but it sounds like your failures in this situation were much worse.

cheers cheers cheers .
Frankly i am for ejecting people. This is KID'S SOCCER. Want to scream at a 14 year olds, act nuts? get the hell off the field. go home and throw the remote and curse at your tv. leave, no one likes you, no one respects you, you cheapen the game and you should be given your due....a humiliating walk off the sideline while people mutter "what a jerk"...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/23/2012, 10:55 am

bigtex75081 wrote:
Riquelme wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:

Wow, you really dont read do you? No one screamed at the AR retard. The CR was told that AR was 15 yards off line. What are you talking about yelling at kids for? This thread (not string) is about AR being out of position and CR not insuring his ARs are doing their job correctly. What part of that dont you understand? No one blew up at the AR. Man if youre going to misread this badly maybe you should get out of the forum before you start something that is un called for. Youre making personal accusations and are way off target. Now if you another one of those forum tough guys dont think for a minute you can intimidate anyone on here.

There is only one failure here and that is your failure to understand the point of this thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 10/23/2012, 11:15 am

Riquelme wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
Riquelme wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:

Wow, you really dont read do you? No one screamed at the AR retard. The CR was told that AR was 15 yards off line. What are you talking about yelling at kids for? This thread (not string) is about AR being out of position and CR not insuring his ARs are doing their job correctly. What part of that dont you understand? No one blew up at the AR. Man if youre going to misread this badly maybe you should get out of the forum before you start something that is un called for. Youre making personal accusations and are way off target. Now if you another one of those forum tough guys dont think for a minute you can intimidate anyone on here.

There is only one failure here and that is your failure to understand the point of this thread.
Oh... You clearly misread my post. I wasn't writing about you, I was writing about somebody else entirely. I was writing about somebody else that, if watched by an outsider, would have been seen as acting like an idiot at a kids' soccer game. You're a completely different story though. I'm sure you were acting very civil throughout the entire event. And I'm sure the AR didn't hear any of the comments you were making to the CR about his performance.

I'm still not going to validate what you did.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/23/2012, 11:27 am

As to your situation, is it possible the CR was also watching the AR during the game from time to time and simply disagreed with your assessment? Maybe the AR was not where you felt he should be, but the CR was comfortable he could see the offsides plays from where he was. The CR did not feel it required stopping the game to go over to the AR and give him a tongue lashing in public about his positioning. Once the CR made the decision he was OK with the way the AR was calling the game, there was nothing you could do to change it.

Personally, I don't think a parent should EVER address a ref or AR for any reason during a game. That is the head coach's job. If he can not handle the refs appropriately, then take it up with him. It is not the place of the parents to tell the CR or AR how do their job. If I was a CR and parent starting giving me "helpful advice" or telling me how my AR should be positioned, I would probably be suspect of it too. PArticularly if it is coming from the team that claims a missed offsides call.

My advice is to have your coach addres it, if that does not work, simply stay quiet and watch the game. If the ref is terrible, then call the league, after the game. Nothing can be gained from a parent addressing the CR or AR duing a game.

On a personal note, I have seen kids on my son's team taken down in the box, cleated in the thigh, tackled from behind and a plethora of other nefarious acts, but the ref seems to always disagree with me. There is really not much you can do, other than what I suggested above.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/23/2012, 11:34 am

Gatorz wrote:As to your situation, is it possible the CR was also watching the AR during the game from time to time and simply disagreed with your assessment? Maybe the AR was not where you felt he should be, but the CR was comfortable he could see the offsides plays from where he was. The CR did not feel it required stopping the game to go over to the AR and give him a tongue lashing in public about his positioning. Once the CR made the decision he was OK with the way the AR was calling the game, there was nothing you could do to change it.

Personally, I don't think a parent should EVER address a ref or AR for any reason during a game. That is the head coach's job. If he can not handle the refs appropriately, then take it up with him. It is not the place of the parents to tell the CR or AR how do their job. If I was a CR and parent starting giving me "helpful advice" or telling me how my AR should be positioned, I would probably be suspect of it too. PArticularly if it is coming from the team that claims a missed offsides call.

My advice is to have your coach addres it, if that does not work, simply stay quiet and watch the game. If the ref is terrible, then call the league, after the game. Nothing can be gained from a parent addressing the CR or AR duing a game.

On a personal note, I have seen kids on my son's team taken down in the box, cleated in the thigh, tackled from behind and a plethora of other nefarious acts, but the ref seems to always disagree with me. There is really not much you can do, other than what I suggested above.

Gatorz I commend you for that advice and I appreciate it. I understand what you mean. Now I commented earlier on how the league has forms to fill out about bad refs and all but bad calls like that will lose games for kids (regardless of team) that work hard and are undone by bad decisions. It's not fair to the kids. The forms really dont serve a purpose in the end because the league goes into it with their mind made up that coaches and parents are the problem. I have been to plenty of league meetings and have had in depth discussions with league officials and you barely get a chance to make your point before they are interrupting and talking down to you. It's sad really but a reality. Thanks for that constructive advice nonetheless.Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/23/2012, 11:40 am

Riquelme wrote:
Gatorz wrote:As to your situation, is it possible the CR was also watching the AR during the game from time to time and simply disagreed with your assessment? Maybe the AR was not where you felt he should be, but the CR was comfortable he could see the offsides plays from where he was. The CR did not feel it required stopping the game to go over to the AR and give him a tongue lashing in public about his positioning. Once the CR made the decision he was OK with the way the AR was calling the game, there was nothing you could do to change it.

Gatorz I commend you for that advice and I appreciate it. I understand what you mean. Now I commented earlier on how the league has forms to fill out about bad refs and all but bad calls like that will lose games for kids (regardless of team) that work hard and are undone by bad decisions. It's not fair to the kids. The forms really dont serve a purpose in the end because the league goes into it with their mind made up that coaches and parents are the problem. I have been to plenty of league meetings and have had in depth discussions with league officials and you barely get a chance to make your point before they are interrupting and talking down to you. It's sad really but a reality. Thanks for that constructive advice nonetheless.Very Happy

I tend to agree with you that not much may come from it, but I prefer that to having parents get feisty with the REFS on game day. It does stink when one call can undo a good game for a team, but I think that is part of the sport. ( I recall England and a Lampard Shot over the goal line in the World Cup as an example.) The hope is that the league, if they get enough complaints about a particular ref, will look into it. I don't think incompetent folks should be reffing the games, but also recognize that i am very biased when watching my kids games. I think the issue of positioning of the AR is one that I would let go, but to be fair, I was not there.

My main thought is the coach is the only one that should address the refs. If that was done, the sidelines would be much better in my view.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/23/2012, 11:50 am

Gatorz wrote:
Riquelme wrote:

I tend to agree with you that not much may come from it, but I prefer that to having parents get feisty with the REFS on game day. It does stink when one call can undo a good game for a team, but I think that is part of the sport. ( I recall England and a Lampard Shot over the goal line in the World Cup as an example.) The hope is that the league, if they get enough complaints about a particular ref, will look into it. I don't think incompetent folks should be reffing the games, but also recognize that i am very biased when watching my kids games. I think the issue of positioning of the AR is one that I would let go, but to be fair, I was not there.

My main thought is the coach is the only one that should address the refs. If that was done, the sidelines would be much better in my view.

Right on brotha... Good luck this weekend with your boys team!

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 10/23/2012, 11:58 am

Riquelme wrote:

They and no other board you go to will hear your complaints over judgments calls that are costing games. I have been on boards listening to that, and on sidelines monitoring or mentoring young or suspect refs. The problem is that 90% of the complaintants have no idea of what they are looking at or what a good call is. Now if you go to that board talking about player safety that is a totally different thing.

Bad calls are part of any sport at every level and one of the most important lessons youth athletics can impart. Life is not always fair. Life is full of people who make mistakes , are inept, or flat out do not care. No matter the cause one must just bear down, focus, and push through to succeeed. Parents saying "oh too bad you lost because of the ref" does a huge disservice to that kid.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/23/2012, 1:01 pm

my2cents wrote:
Riquelme wrote:

They and no other board you go to will hear your complaints over judgments calls that are costing games. I have been on boards listening to that, and on sidelines monitoring or mentoring young or suspect refs. The problem is that 90% of the complaintants have no idea of what they are looking at or what a good call is. Now if you go to that board talking about player safety that is a totally different thing.

Bad calls are part of any sport at every level and one of the most important lessons youth athletics can impart. Life is not always fair. Life is full of people who make mistakes , are inept, or flat out do not care. No matter the cause one must just bear down, focus, and push through to succeeed. Parents saying "oh too bad you lost because of the ref" does a huge disservice to that kid.

Everything you say is true. But for the part where you say my point is not valid or that I dont know what I'm talking about. AR 15 yards away from last defener will not see CLEARLY if the player is off sides. I major disservice to a kid is when an inept ref does not do his/her job and it results in a loss for those kids. That is the disservice. Life is unfair but the world is what we make of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 10/23/2012, 1:08 pm

Can this thread just end now? You have stated, re-stated, and octuple-stated your beef. Over and over again. Anyone who says anything that disagrees with your position, you slap them down and call them names. Why bother posting at all if you are not going to entertain other viewpoints in the slightest?
OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET 10/23/2012, 1:18 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:randee...Someone who writes "Accessors" should not accuse others of not speaking English.
Likewise, someone who can't spell "grammar" shouldn't question someone else's "grammer" [sic]. And, "golks" was clearly simply a typo meant to be "folks". The "f" and "g" keys are right next to each other. I've been guilty of attacking grammar and spelling on this site too; it's very tempting, but it's really childish, especially when your own post (randee) is full of spelling and grammar mistakes. By the way randee, I think you meant to say a few bad calls "exacerbated" the problem, not "exasperated". See how childish that is. We all make typing mistakes. Can we just have a discussion without trashing someone's intelligence?

Last edited by crazyET on 10/23/2012, 1:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
crazyET
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/23/2012, 1:22 pm

OnTheSurface wrote:Can this thread just end now? You have stated, re-stated, and octuple-stated your beef. Over and over again. Anyone who says anything that disagrees with your position, you slap them down and call them names. Why bother posting at all if you are not going to entertain other viewpoints in the slightest?

Are you keeping up? I have applauded other opinions on here and my last post has no name calling. If you dont like it dont read the thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 10/23/2012, 1:31 pm

omega was here!lol!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/23/2012, 1:35 pm

omega striker wrote:omega was here!lol!

OMEGAAAAAAA!!!! Finally someone who can decipher letters that a re grouped together to form sentences and that represent meaning....lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 10/23/2012, 1:47 pm

Here's a little twist for ya:

Last weekend on the field behind us, we heard a parent yelling across the field at his coach: "Coach _________ you should be yelling at the refs over that call!"

It was an interesting take on an angry parent over the call, and the rest of the parents stopped yelling at the ref over it....
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerXXX 10/23/2012, 2:01 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:Here's a little twist for ya:

Last weekend on the field behind us, we heard a parent yelling across the field at his coach: "Coach _________ you should be yelling at the refs over that call!"

It was an interesting take on an angry parent over the call, and the rest of the parents stopped yelling at the ref over it....
I like it! In a subtle way it reminded the parents on the sideline that the Coach is the right person to address the ref's.

This has been an interesting thread with many points and counterpoints made. I think that we can agree that there are great experienced ref's down to one's that need to continue to grow in their abilities within the league. This said I have seen more assessors on the sidelines watching the refs to ultimately provide input for growth and that will help out the whole league. So far the ref's that I have had were pretty good. Much beyond my abilities as an older, over weight, sonic drinking, sideline parent! Very Happy
SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by love_your_refs 10/23/2012, 2:44 pm

How about a thread called parents 2.0? Here is a thought

If more NTX parents weren't so winning obsessed and took time after every game to say something positive to the refs and thier own children(no matter what the result of the game), the refereeing would be better, and thier BBs would also be better at soccer and everybody involved would have had more fun.

love_your_refs
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET 10/23/2012, 3:03 pm

I will be the first to admit that I have often let my own emotions get the best of me. "Hi, my name is CrazyET and I'm an over zealous ref basher." Admitting it is the first step to recovery, right? However, I don't see the point of complaining on this website about a no-call that admittedly didn't affect the outcome of the game. Even the most experienced refs make mistakes and I'm sure this crew got much more right than this single possible missed call. Maybe it's time to move on. You guys have a great team that has, unfortunately, been on the short end of some very close games. I am sure that Spring brings renewed hope and hopefully better results because I believe your team is better than your record and standings reflect. Good luck the rest of the way.
crazyET
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/23/2012, 3:17 pm

I am a nice parent shark. Not a mindless eatin' machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Ref's are friends. Not food tongue

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 10/23/2012, 3:46 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:Here's a little twist for ya:

and they get paid alot of money to yell at the refs too..... you'd think half of them think it IS their job rather than simply a part of it. wonder if training consists of vocal practice rather than tactics and fitness for the players.

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next