Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

What do you do about a coach your unhappy with? - Page 3 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

What do you do about a coach your unhappy with?

+15
Se_la_perdio!
cowpukesfan
getafe01
bigtex75081
Iplaysoccer
keeperdad9
humble
omega striker
Rightback
go99
TxHunter
OldTrafford
goal9997
British steel
soccerisfun
19 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What do you do about a coach your unhappy with? - Page 3 Empty Re: What do you do about a coach your unhappy with?

Post by go99 1/28/2013, 10:20 am

for the record, I am not a fan of yelling myself. Volume often hides the actual message. I would have just told the kid to sit back down and would not have put him in for the rest of the game. After the game I would have explained to him that when he feels like he can do things my way he may find himself on the field again. Until then he will be sitting and it is up to him.

go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

What do you do about a coach your unhappy with? - Page 3 Empty Re: What do you do about a coach your unhappy with?

Post by omega striker 1/28/2013, 10:22 am

soccerisgood123 wrote:
omega striker wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:
omega striker wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:
omega striker wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:Geesh... The regulars on this forum clearly need to check ourselves. Apparently our brain space has become so jam-packed with North Texas soccer smarts that we've forgotten about other important things like manners, patience, and empathy.
thats because the regulars have seen this time and time again,same old song and dance, the problem i have is the OP is clearly over reacting and juicing up the story, plain and simple Rolling Eyes

Sorry not the way i see it. I see a parent who didn't want to sacrifice her kids love of the game by some nincompoop who can't control themselves.....
thats because you werent there and dont know the issues, thats understandable you dont have to appologize you apparently dont know much about club soccer?

Lol, i do know a nincompoop when i see one, or read their posts.......
your reading your own posts?scratch

Yawn, nice try
what did I win?
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/28/2013, 10:25 am

go99 wrote:for the record, I am not a fan of yelling myself. Volume often hides the actual message. I would have just told the kid to sit back down and would not have put him in for the rest of the game. After the game I would have explained to him that when he feels like he can do things my way he may find himself on the field again. Until then he will be sitting and it is up to him.

Adults and kids have unequal relationships, one has all the power and the authority, the other has little maturity, wisdom or resources that is why adults should be careful to use their positions wisely and be held accountable. The only resource your kid has is you....

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 1/28/2013, 10:31 am

soccerisgood123 wrote:
go99 wrote:what did the coach actually do other than yell at her kid? Was there a profanity laced tirade at the kid? Did he hit him? I just don't see how telling a 13 yr old he is wrong or yelling at him is destroying a kid.

Sigh, it seems so easy yet some never get it. Yelling to play harder ? Ok, yelling to cover?ok, yelling at blown assignment, ok. Yelling because you didnt yell loud enough for a sub? Dumb.
I told you before go99, you wouldnt put up with this at his school, but you will put up with it because its sports and thats just sad. Enabling adults to think its ok to treat your kid like crap is wrong.

Littlego: where do i turn in my homework?
Teacher (screaming) where i told you yesterday. Whats wrong with you? Are you stupid? Sit down!

4:15 later that day, go99 already has a principal appt set up i bet. Unreasonable behavior should never be condoned, ever.

Nope! go99 to littlego I suggest you turn your homework in where you are supposed to. So no problem there, if the teacher had refused to tell him at all there may have been an issue with not being able to turn the work in. But realistically that would have never become an issue because my sons skin is thicker than that and he wouldn't have come crying to dad about it. He's is not that concerned what they think about him only that he gets his A. Infact he just had to talk to a teacher about a test grade he felt was wrong. She let him see the test and they went over it. There were mistakes and she corrected them. No dad pointing angry fingers at a teacher. Just a kid standing up and solving his own problems. I didn't even find out about it until afterwards.

But I do agree with SIG that was dumb from the coach. He should have just sat the kid without all the theatrics. But I don't draw the line from dumb to damaging
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/28/2013, 10:35 am

soccerisgood123 wrote:
go99 wrote:what did the coach actually do other than yell at her kid? Was there a profanity laced tirade at the kid? Did he hit him? I just don't see how telling a 13 yr old he is wrong or yelling at him is destroying a kid.

Sigh, it seems so easy yet some never get it. Yelling to play harder ? Ok, yelling to cover?ok, yelling at blown assignment, ok. Yelling because you didnt yell loud enough for a sub? Dumb.
I told you before go99, you wouldnt put up with this at his school, but you will put up with it because its sports and thats just sad. Enabling adults to think its ok to treat your kid like crap is wrong.

Teacher (screaming) where i told you yesterday. Whats wrong with you? Are you stupid? Sit down!

4:15 later that day, go99 already has a principal appt set up i bet. Unreasonable behavior should never be condoned, ever.

I feel like I'm hearing an Obama speech.. This is a sport and not school or church. The OP is just upset cuz her BB is a bench warmer. Each coach has their own style to push and motivate. Some kids react to yelling and some dont. A parents job is to find out which one works for their BB. Mine for instance does not respond well to yellers which is why he is with a different kind of coach. But I dont whine about the yellers, which makes the difference.

(To Getafe) I like you when you agree with me cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 1/28/2013, 10:37 am

bottomline here is, parents do you homework first how many times has been said on this very forum? not just on the coach but the club and league!

What do you do about a coach your unhappy with? - Page 3 80980_v1
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/28/2013, 10:40 am

Riquelme wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:

I feel like I'm hearing an Obama speech.. This is a sport and not school or church. The OP is just upset cuz her BB is a bench warmer. Each coach has their own style to push and motivate. Some kids react to yelling and some dont. A parents job is to find out which one works for their BB. Mine for instance does not respond well to yellers which is why he is with a different kind of coach. But I dont whine about the yellers, which makes the difference.

She never said that, YOU said that. She reacted to the coach yelling at her kid over calling for a sub.

Tonight I was sitting in my car behind the bench and I saw the coach yelling in my sons face because he didn't call out his sub quick enough. Before I knew it...I was in the coaches face screaming. I don't know what came over me but I just couldn't watch a grown man yell so disrespectfully at a 14 year old. Don't get me wrong...this was not I am your coach do what I say yelling...it was you are dirt on my shoe yelling."

The telling part was how the coach fleed from a small woman who stood up to him. By the way never refer to me and obama in the same sentence. It gives me the hives...

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 1/28/2013, 10:45 am

soccerisgood123 wrote:
Riquelme wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:

She never said that, YOU said that. She reacted to the coach yelling at her kid over calling for a sub.

Tonight I was sitting in my car behind the bench and I saw the coach yelling in my sons face because he didn't call out his sub quick enough. Before I knew it...I was in the coaches face screaming. I don't know what came over me but I just couldn't watch a grown man yell so disrespectfully at a 14 year old. Don't get me wrong...this was not I am your coach do what I say yelling...it was you are dirt on my shoe yelling."

The telling part was how the coach fleed from a small woman who stood up to him. By the way never refer to me and obama in the same sentence. It gives me the hives...

Yeah it is very telling. The coach should have walked away. I am curious of what you wanted him to do? scratch It almost seems as if you are calling him a coward and suggesting that he should have stop coaching and knocked a small out of control woman out. Now that would have really been stupid.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/28/2013, 10:46 am

This should be pretty clear to most people. Getting on a player for being lazy, not paying attention to the game while on the bench, not calling out subs: there is nothing wrong with these things. It is the way in which the coach did it that is a problem. The mom described it as "you are dirt on my shoe" type of yelling.

Let's be clear, there is NEVER a reason to downright insult a kid in any circumstance related to sports in a personl manner that hits at the kids basic worth. You say the kid is slow: OK. You say the kid is bad: OK. You say the kid is a worthless mistake for a human or "dirt on my shoe": NOT OK.

These kinds of coaches should be moved along to another job or hobby.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 1/28/2013, 10:50 am

[quote="omega striker"]bottomline here is, parents do you homework first how many times has been said on this very forum? not just on the coach but the club and league!

[img]http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/topic-frontend/9/8/0/80980_v1.jpg[/img][/quote]

Aaaaaah, ha, ha, haaaaa!!!!

Smile

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 1/28/2013, 10:52 am

but mom was watching from the car? All she really knows is he was being yelled at. As far as you are dirt on my shoe diatribe sounds like creative licensing or embellishment. And if the coach really feels that way about the kid then why even bother to put him in later
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 1/28/2013, 10:55 am

Gatorz wrote:This should be pretty clear to most people. Getting on a player for being lazy, not paying attention to the game while on the bench, not calling out subs: there is nothing wrong with these things. It is the way in which the coach did it that is a problem. The mom described it as "you are dirt on my shoe" type of yelling.

Let's be clear, there is NEVER a reason to downright insult a kid in any circumstance related to sports in a personl manner that hits at the kids basic worth. You say the kid is slow: OK. You say the kid is bad: OK. You say the kid is a worthless mistake for a human or "dirt on my shoe": NOT OK.

your are absolutely correct but thats not the way this incident happened
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/28/2013, 10:59 am

omega striker wrote:
Gatorz wrote:This should be pretty clear to most people. Getting on a player for being lazy, not paying attention to the game while on the bench, not calling out subs: there is nothing wrong with these things. It is the way in which the coach did it that is a problem. The mom described it as "you are dirt on my shoe" type of yelling.

your are absolutely correct but thats not the way this incident happened

I was not there and you may be right, but just basing it on what the OP said about the incident. For me personally, I draw the line at personal attacks and insults. This appeared to along the personal attack variety of yelling.

Hope they get it figured out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Se_la_perdio! 1/28/2013, 12:58 pm

go99 wrote:but mom was watching from the car? All she really knows is he was being yelled at. As far as you are dirt on my shoe diatribe sounds like creative licensing or embellishment. And if the coach really feels that way about the kid then why even bother to put him in later

she said she was filming to send her husband a clip of the game so why not just post the clip and shut everyone up?? if it did happen the way she said it happened then show it. everyone here knows exactly what coach she's talking about anyway.

Se_la_perdio!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by getafe01 1/28/2013, 1:05 pm

Se_la_perdio! wrote:
go99 wrote:but mom was watching from the car? All she really knows is he was being yelled at. As far as you are dirt on my shoe diatribe sounds like creative licensing or embellishment. And if the coach really feels that way about the kid then why even bother to put him in later

she said she was filming to send her husband a clip of the game so why not just post the clip and shut everyone up?? if it did happen the way she said it happened then show it. everyone here knows exactly what coach she's talking about anyway.

Totally unnecessary. No reason to identify the coach if the only reason was to ask advice.

In response to something written above. The key is unreasonable behavior. What constitutes unreasonable behavior is extremely subjective. I am certain that what I may initially consider unreasonable behavior in the heat of the moment may change with time and reflection and the same may be true in reverse. In this day and age of self entitlement, yelling/screaming at a child irrespective of cause or age, being critical of a child's action or lack thereof, or giving said child a bad grade are frequently considered unreasonable behaviors in the eyes of many.
getafe01
getafe01
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/28/2013, 1:33 pm

"In this day and age of self entitlement, yelling/screaming at a child irrespective of cause or age, being critical of a child's action or lack thereof, or giving said child a bad grade are frequently considered unreasonable behaviors in the eyes of many."

self entitlement to not have someone you pay scream insults at your child for petty things? then count me as "self entitled" . i don't scream personal insults at other people or their kids and i don't expect them to do it to me or my kids. BUT i forgot, he's a kid's soccer coach so that makes it ok. refer to the brawl post and that is what you get when adults are not held accountable around children and are enabled by adults....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/28/2013, 1:47 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:"In this day and age of self entitlement, yelling/screaming at a child irrespective of cause or age, being critical of a child's action or lack thereof, or giving said child a bad grade are frequently considered unreasonable behaviors in the eyes of many."

self entitlement to not have someone you pay scream insults at your child for petty things? then count me as "self entitled" . i don't scream personal insults at other people or their kids and i don't expect them to do it to me or my kids. BUT i forgot, he's a kid's soccer coach so that makes it ok. refer to the brawl post and that is what you get when adults are not held accountable around children and are enabled by adults....

What insults? Did the coach use profanity or call him a retard? No he just drilled him for not doing a simple task. Some people can't handle anything and want to baby their kids which leads to the further Wuusification of Men. This is my theory of why each generation gets whimpier and whimpier. Overzealous Moms going ape$@&* just because someone is raising their voice at their kid. Moms like these are not preparing boys for the real world. The real world is tough and unforgiving and does not suffer weakness. Despite what liberals say this is not a utopia.......my rant is done for the day so have at and stay thirsty my friends...lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/28/2013, 1:57 pm

Riquelme wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:"In this day and age of self entitlement, yelling/screaming at a child irrespective of cause or age, being critical of a child's action or lack thereof, or giving said child a bad grade are frequently considered unreasonable behaviors in the eyes of many."

What insults? Did the coach use profanity or call him a retard? No he just drilled him for not doing a simple task. Some people can't handle anything and want to baby their kids which leads to the further Wuusification of Men. This is my theory of why each generation gets whimpier and whimpier. Overzealous Moms going ape$@&* just because someone is raising their voice at their kid. Moms like these are not preparing boys for the real world. The real world is tough and unforgiving and does not suffer weakness. Despite what liberals say this is not a utopia.......my rant is done for the day so have at and stay thirsty my friends...lol

perhaps the coaches can spit on them too, to "toughen them up" and show their "passion". yep nothing says responsible adult like spitting and fighting in front of impressionable children....what a joke

Back to top Go down

Post by Se_la_perdio! 1/28/2013, 1:58 pm

getafe01 wrote:
Se_la_perdio! wrote:

Totally unnecessary. No reason to identify the coach if the only reason was to ask advice.

In response to something written above. The key is unreasonable behavior. What constitutes unreasonable behavior is extremely subjective. I am certain that what I may initially consider unreasonable behavior in the heat of the moment may change with time and reflection and the same may be true in reverse. In this day and age of self entitlement, yelling/screaming at a child irrespective of cause or age, being critical of a child's action or lack thereof, or giving said child a bad grade are frequently considered unreasonable behaviors in the eyes of many.

no reason? why because he is an fc dallas coach? i bet if he was from an independent team or small club you wouldn't say that. i bet you also believe pedafiles shouldn't have to register so we can know who they are and where they live. while this guy may not be a sexual predator he is a predator. he would also be considered a bully in the school system. our kids are being taught not to keep bullying quit and you have a problem with outing this guy? like i said, everyone on here knows who we are talking about. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

oh and btw unreasonable behavior always leads to unreasonable actions.

Se_la_perdio!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/28/2013, 2:44 pm

Se_la_perdio! wrote:
getafe01 wrote:
Se_la_perdio! wrote:

no reason? why because he is an fc dallas coach? i bet if he was from an independent team or small club you wouldn't say that. i bet you also believe pedafiles shouldn't have to register so we can know who they are and where they live. while this guy may not be a sexual predator he is a predator. he would also be considered a bully in the school system. our kids are being taught not to keep bullying quit and you have a problem with outing this guy? like i said, everyone on here knows who we are talking about. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

Are you really saying these things? I mean were you even there or do you have a personal grudge against this guy? Now youre calling hima predator and comparing him to a pedophile? What is wrong with you man? These are some serious things your saying and I'm sure you would not say it that coaches face. You need to chill as you sound like these moms.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/28/2013, 2:46 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:
Riquelme wrote:

perhaps the coaches can spit on them too, to "toughen them up" and show their "passion". yep nothing says responsible adult like spitting and fighting in front of impressionable children....what a joke

Did the coach spit on him? And was it not the OP that fought with him? Were you even there or are you just talkin out of your rear?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/28/2013, 2:55 pm

Riquelme wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:
Riquelme wrote:

Did the coach spit on him? And was it not the OP that fought with him? Were you even there or are you just talkin out of your rear?

nope, just thought you might be in favor spitting on the kids too, you know to toughen them up, make sure they are not wusses. hey coach please scream more at my kid and while you are at hawk a few loogies his way, i want "passion" ...

Back to top Go down

Post by getafe01 1/28/2013, 2:59 pm

[quote="Riquelme"]

self entitlement to not have someone you pay scream insults at your child for petty things? then count me as "self entitled" . i don't scream personal insults at other people or their kids and i don't expect them to do it to me or my kids. BUT i forgot, he's a kid's soccer coach so that makes it ok. refer to the brawl post and that is what you get when adults are not held accountable around children and are enabled by adults....[/quote

I love it when Juan Roman and I are in agreement. Now, he won't come after me. I hope. In any event, Speaking to an individual with raised voice has also become more and more subjective. There are some that believe that any yelling directed at their child is wrong and represents an unreasonable behavior. I made no mention of a coach screaming insults. The interpretation of insult is also not entirely clear and is often very subjective. Like I mentioned, I hope that I would have done my due diligence enough to keep my child away from that type of behavior, insults for insult sake or constant foul mouthed behavior. I tried to make sure that our bb did not play for coaches with a known reputation of cursing and yelling on a consistent behavior as a young youth. However, the world is a tough place and sometimes lil Johnny needs to learn from that. Again, I would handle the type of situation that soccerisgood brings up in a private discussion with the coach. My child would know nothing of the event. If I felt that my child was wronged, he would complete his time and would move to a different coach. Such has happened to my son and I. He finished out his time, learned from the event, and moved on. If your child plays a sport long enough, they will come into contact with an a$#hole a time or two. They will not have you there to fight their fight. Get over it.
getafe01
getafe01
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/28/2013, 3:02 pm

Again, I would handle the type of situation that soccerisgood brings up in a private discussion with the coach. My child would know nothing of the event. If I felt that my child was wronged, he would complete his time and would move to a different coach.

i should have conceded this point earlier but didn't, doing it in a game is the wrong venue, you make a very valid point.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 1/28/2013, 3:04 pm

Nope I would scream "I am gonna go tell my mommie" Laughing
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by getafe01 1/28/2013, 3:10 pm

Se_la_perdio! wrote:
getafe01 wrote:
Se_la_perdio! wrote:

Get over yourself and read all of the posts before you get your hair in wad. I explained that the definition of unreasonable behavior is extremely subjective. What one may consider unreasonable behavior may be nothing. Therefore, not ALL unreasonable behavior leads to unreasonable actions. Moreover, my issue with the OP was that the intention was not simply an attempt to get advice, but an attempt to get a dig or affect the character of an individual based on subjective hearsay. I simply questioned the need to provide any detail that could identify a coach if she had no intention of doing so. Riquelme and I have actually had issue about such in the past. If you do not intend to affect an individual based on your own subjective interpretation of the events of an incident and you only want advice about how to handle something, do not provide any personal information that leads to identification of someone and their inability to defend their actions...
getafe01
getafe01
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next