Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

HS Playoffs - Page 3 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

HS Playoffs

+31
Laroja_2012
The German
my2cents
SoccerDunce
Keeperdad96
scoregazam
Rooneyhasplugs
PG-Boy
Goooal!!!
Soccernovice
soccergrinder
34blast
Maradona
#1fan
soccertaxi
b0013
nearpost95
babyhippo
ntxsoccerdad
jimulon6
rqps
DragonStryker
letsgo
Real Barcelona
British steel
omega striker
Catrachito19
quickfoot
plantit
finish1
off_the_woodwork
35 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

HS Playoffs - Page 3 Empty Re: HS Playoffs

Post by Catrachito19 4/5/2013, 11:38 pm

Because in the past few years they weren't that good.

Catrachito19
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Catrachito19 4/5/2013, 11:41 pm

There will be new state champs for both 4A and 5A as both Alamo Heights and Sharyland loose in the second round of the playoffs. I'm confident that the state will return north texas.
Catrachito19
Catrachito19
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Catrachito19 4/5/2013, 11:43 pm

*State Championship
Catrachito19
Catrachito19
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxsoccerdad 4/5/2013, 11:45 pm

Catrachito19 wrote:Because in the past few years they weren't that good.

That makes no sense, every team has new players every year. Also, I believe that Keller Central has made playoffs in every year of varsity existence, with exception of last year.

ntxsoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Catrachito19 4/5/2013, 11:49 pm

I knew that they were good this year. But honestly I didn't think they would get pass the first or second round of the playoffs.
Catrachito19
Catrachito19
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxsoccerdad 4/5/2013, 11:56 pm

Catrachito19 wrote:I knew that they were good this year. But honestly I didn't think they would get pass the first or second round of the playoffs.

Im biased, so take that into consideration, but they have only lost 1 game since January 19, a 2-1 lost to Birdville and they seem to be doing well, In 4A playoffs. Only loss since was to Keller HS, and if that Keller team that night had played that way all year, they would have won district with ease.

ntxsoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by babyhippo 4/6/2013, 12:01 am

4A
Stephenville upsets Centennial in shoot out
Granbury over Lakeridge
WF Rider over Nelson via PK in closing minutes
babyhippo
babyhippo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Catrachito19 4/6/2013, 12:01 am

All of the playoffs teams that make it to the third are good. But take in consideration that playoffs is a whole different thing. You can't compare regular season with playoffs. Yes I am surprised with Keller Central's playoff run and season as a whole. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.
Catrachito19
Catrachito19
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Catrachito19 4/6/2013, 12:04 am

babyhippo wrote:4A
Granbury over Lakeridge
I am deeply hurt that Nelson lost. They're a really good team.
Catrachito19
Catrachito19
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by babyhippo 4/6/2013, 12:11 am

Catrachito19 wrote:
Granbury over Lakeridge
center back for Nelson made a costly mistake, at this stage teams make you pay:(
babyhippo
babyhippo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Catrachito19 4/6/2013, 12:14 am

It really must hurt for them. Especially if they lost that way.
Catrachito19
Catrachito19
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxsoccerdad 4/6/2013, 12:18 am

Catrachito19 wrote:All of the playoffs teams that make it to the third are good. But take in consideration that playoffs is a whole different thing. You can't compare regular season with playoffs. Yes I am surprised with Keller Central's playoff run and season as a whole. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

I agree with you there. They are not a pretty bunch to watch sometimes, they do not play the "beautiful game". If I looked from the other side, I think they are a very frustrating team to play. On more than a few occasions , I have seen them be pretty much dominated in the field of play, but somehow, they get that point, when it over.

ntxsoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Catrachito19 4/6/2013, 12:24 am

ntxsoccerdad wrote:
Catrachito19 wrote:All of the playoffs teams that make it to the third are good. But take in consideration that playoffs is a whole different thing. You can't compare regular season with playoffs. Yes I am surprised with Keller Central's playoff run and season as a whole. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

I agree with you there. They are not a pretty bunch to watch sometimes, they do not play the "beautiful game". If I looked from the other side, I think they are a very frustrating team to play. On more than a few occasions , I have seen them be pretty much dominated in the field of play, but somehow, they get that point, when it over.
Many teams do play like that. And it works for them. If not, ask Italy, Who won the 2006 World Cup playing bad soccer. But at the end it doesn't matter.
Catrachito19
Catrachito19
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxsoccerdad 4/6/2013, 12:29 am

Catrachito19 wrote:
ntxsoccerdad wrote:

Many teams do play like that. And it works for them. If not, ask Italy, Who won the 2006 World Cup playing bad soccer. But at the end it doesn't matter.

Not bad, just defensive, tough soccer. With the attitude, if you don't score on us, we'll take our chances and maybe get 1 goal, and that will be enough. they don't care about the score or who scores, just the W

ntxsoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Catrachito19 4/6/2013, 12:34 am

ntxsoccerdad wrote:
Catrachito19 wrote:
ntxsoccerdad wrote:

Not bad, just defensive, tough soccer. With the attitude, if you don't score on us, we'll take our chances and maybe get 1 goal, and that will be enough. they don't care about the score or who scores, just the W
I couldn't agree more. And that's why soccer is the best sport in the world.
Catrachito19
Catrachito19
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 4/6/2013, 12:39 am

Not surprised about El Paso Americas - saw them in FW at a tournament in January - fast, patient and skilled

Sulphur Springs finally got HP after consecutive years of overtime heartbreaks. Last year's game, HP tied it late in regulation, then won on an odd sequence in overtime - HP defender heads ball back to keeper, missed, hit post, bounced 45 degrees back to keeper, who starts counterattack... SS defender gets to a through ball first, kicks it back to his keeper, missed and into the net for game winner for HP. Gotta love playoff soccer.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Catrachito19 4/6/2013, 12:41 am

nearpost95 wrote:Not surprised about El Paso Americas - saw them in FW at a tournament in January - fast, patient and skilled

Sulphur Springs finally got HP after consecutive years of overtime heartbreaks. Last year's game, HP tied it late in regulation, then won on an odd sequence in overtime - HP defender heads ball back to keeper, missed, hit post, bounced 45 degrees back to keeper, who starts counterattack... SS defender gets to a through ball first, kicks it back to his keeper, missed and into the net for game winner for HP. Gotta love playoff soccer.
Do you think keller central stands a chance agaisnt EP Americas?
Catrachito19
Catrachito19
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxsoccerdad 4/6/2013, 1:01 am

Catrachito19 wrote:
nearpost95 wrote:Not surprised about El Paso Americas - saw them in FW at a tournament in January - fast, patient and skilled

Do you think keller central stands a chance agaisnt EP Americas?

For sure they have a chance, they have a way of making patient teams, play impatient, get them out of there flow, frustrate them. If that happens, you never know. I saw Americas a little when they were here, reminded me of Sam Houston and Richland. Also, January was a long time ago.

ntxsoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Catrachito19 4/6/2013, 1:08 am

Lets see what happens.
Catrachito19
Catrachito19
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by b0013 4/6/2013, 9:30 am

Maybe just 4A... but, next weeks game of the week.

Monday 8th

Frisco Wakeland
vs
Molina

Anyone know where this game will be played?
b0013
b0013
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by letsgo 4/6/2013, 2:32 pm

b0013 wrote:Maybe just 4A... but, next weeks game of the week.

Monday 8th

Frisco Wakeland
vs
Molina

Anyone know where this game will be played?
Standridge Stadium. It will be a very good game. Both have very solid teams hoping to win state.

letsgo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertaxi 4/6/2013, 4:40 pm

babyhippo wrote:
Catrachito19 wrote:
Granbury over Lakeridge
center back for Nelson made a costly mistake, at this stage teams make you pay:(

It was a horrible loss.....especially since BNHS went up 2-1 on an own goal on a throw in....only to have it called back for offside....How can you be offside on a throw in AND it was off the defender's head??!!??

It was a good, fast paced game. I know my kiddo is super tired and sore today. Sad to see the boys lose that way.

Rider is a big, strong, fast team. #9 is a beast!!!!

soccertaxi
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 4/6/2013, 5:38 pm

There is no offside on a throw in. A throw off of a defender into the goal is a goal. Just cannot throw the ball directly into the goal untouched ( goal kick ).

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by babyhippo 4/6/2013, 6:13 pm

nearpost95 wrote:There is no offside on a throw in. A throw off of a defender into the goal is a goal. Just cannot throw the ball directly into the goal untouched ( goal kick ).
once ball comes in contact with a player from either side. If WF throws in and he heads it back to the keeper resulting in a goal, then if a BNHS player in an offside position makes a play at it then yes,,, offsides. Happened to our boys this year
babyhippo
babyhippo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 4/6/2013, 6:51 pm

babyhippo wrote:
nearpost95 wrote:There is no offside on a throw in. A throw off of a defender into the goal is a goal. Just cannot throw the ball directly into the goal untouched ( goal kick ).
once ball comes in contact with a player from either side. If WF throws in and he heads it back to the keeper resulting in a goal, then if a BNHS player in an offside position makes a play at it then yes,,, offsides. Happened to our boys this year

As described, the referee's ruling is incorrect. A player may only be penalized for being offside if he is in an offside position when his teammate plays the ball and he then interferes with play, an opponent, or gains advantage by being in that position. A deflection or a misplay by a defender does not negate the offside. Cannot be declared offside if receiving the ball directly from a throw or a goal kick.

If WF throws ball in to a teammate who then heads the ball back to his keeper, there is absolutely no offside on the opponent no matter where he was essentially because his teammate did not play the ball to him.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by babyhippo 4/6/2013, 6:59 pm

nearpost95 wrote:
babyhippo wrote:

As described, the referee's ruling is incorrect. A player may only be penalized for being offside if he is in an offside position when his teammate plays the ball and he then interferes with play, an opponent, or gains advantage by being in that position. A deflection or a misplay by a defender does not negate the offside. Cannot be declared offside if receiving the ball directly from a throw or a goal kick.

If WF throws ball in to a teammate who then heads the ball back to his keeper, there is absolutely no offside on the opponent no matter where he was essentially because his teammate did not play the ball to him.
you are correct
babyhippo
babyhippo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next