Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

HS Playoffs - Page 4 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

HS Playoffs

+31
Laroja_2012
The German
my2cents
SoccerDunce
Keeperdad96
scoregazam
Rooneyhasplugs
PG-Boy
Goooal!!!
Soccernovice
soccergrinder
34blast
Maradona
#1fan
soccertaxi
b0013
nearpost95
babyhippo
ntxsoccerdad
jimulon6
rqps
DragonStryker
letsgo
Real Barcelona
British steel
omega striker
Catrachito19
quickfoot
plantit
finish1
off_the_woodwork
35 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

HS Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: HS Playoffs

Post by babyhippo 4/6/2013, 6:59 pm

nearpost95 wrote:
babyhippo wrote:
nearpost95 wrote:There is no offside on a throw in. A throw off of a defender into the goal is a goal. Just cannot throw the ball directly into the goal untouched ( goal kick ).
once ball comes in contact with a player from either side. If WF throws in and he heads it back to the keeper resulting in a goal, then if a BNHS player in an offside position makes a play at it then yes,,, offsides. Happened to our boys this year

As described, the referee's ruling is incorrect. A player may only be penalized for being offside if he is in an offside position when his teammate plays the ball and he then interferes with play, an opponent, or gains advantage by being in that position. A deflection or a misplay by a defender does not negate the offside. Cannot be declared offside if receiving the ball directly from a throw or a goal kick.

If WF throws ball in to a teammate who then heads the ball back to his keeper, there is absolutely no offside on the opponent no matter where he was essentially because his teammate did not play the ball to him.
you are correct

babyhippo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertaxi 4/6/2013, 8:18 pm

babyhippo wrote:
nearpost95 wrote:
babyhippo wrote:
nearpost95 wrote:There is no offside on a throw in. A throw off of a defender into the goal is a goal. Just cannot throw the ball directly into the goal untouched ( goal kick ).
once ball comes in contact with a player from either side. If WF throws in and he heads it back to the keeper resulting in a goal, then if a BNHS player in an offside position makes a play at it then yes,,, offsides. Happened to our boys this year

As described, the referee's ruling is incorrect. A player may only be penalized for being offside if he is in an offside position when his teammate plays the ball and he then interferes with play, an opponent, or gains advantage by being in that position. A deflection or a misplay by a defender does not negate the offside. Cannot be declared offside if receiving the ball directly from a throw or a goal kick.

If WF throws ball in to a teammate who then heads the ball back to his keeper, there is absolutely no offside on the opponent no matter where he was essentially because his teammate did not play the ball to him.
you are correct

Here is what happened....

BNHS player takes throw in....hits WF player in the head.....goes in net. Linesman calls offside...no goal.

Thought that was a goal??????

After that, BNHS gets called for a handball in the box. #9 buries the PK. End of season. Bummer!!! Just wish my kiddos weren't seniors :-(

soccertaxi
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by babyhippo 4/6/2013, 8:22 pm

Tough way to end my friend:( we play them Tuesday . Boys have been watching out for ole #9. They beat us 4-0 preseason . We got a score to settle
babyhippo
babyhippo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by #1fan 4/6/2013, 8:58 pm

BNHS player takes throw in....hits WF player in the head.....goes in net. Linesman calls offside...no goal.

After that, BNHS gets called for a handball in the box. #9 buries the PK. End of season. Bummer!!! Just wish my kiddos weren't seniors :-(
[/quote]
Well, your perception of the play was certainly VERY different than mine. That being said, I haven't seen a replay, and I'm sure my bias is as great as yours. I thought the call was right on, and what I saw was very different than what you described. Unfortunately, at this stage, sometimes some very good teams go home.
I just think sometimes you lose, and it really is poor sportsmanship to blame it on the ref. We've all been there and had questionable calls.
#9 is a good player and has already signed with a D1 school.
#1fan
#1fan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertaxi 4/6/2013, 9:02 pm

#1fan wrote:

Well, your perception of the play was certainly VERY different than mine. That being said, I haven't seen a replay, and I'm sure my bias is as great as yours. I thought the call was right on, and what I saw was very different than what you described. Unfortunately, at this stage, sometimes some very good teams go home.
I just think sometimes you lose, and it really is poor sportsmanship to blame it on the ref. We've all been there and had questionable calls.
[/quote]

I didn't blame the ref....just asked a question. No sour grapes, WF is a great team, no question. SMU is lucky to have #9 joining them.

Good luck to all the teams remaining.....

BTW..I do have video of the non goal.

On to college soccer Suspect

Last edited by soccertaxi on 4/6/2013, 10:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

soccertaxi
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/6/2013, 9:08 pm

soccertaxi wrote:
#1fan wrote:

I didn't blame the ref....just asked a question. No sour grapes, WF is a great team, no question. SMU is lucky to have #9 joining them.

BTW - I do have video of the non goal.

Good luck to all the teams remaining.....

On to college soccer Suspect

[/quote]cool deal is #9 going on a soccer scholarship or academic???
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 4/6/2013, 9:23 pm

DragonStryker wrote:Southlake Carroll advances with a 1-0 shutout oh El Paso Bel Air.

Looks like all those predictions of an early Southlake exit were a bit premature.

Hmmmm. They barely got by...that being said...they did it with 10 players. cheers

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by letsgo 4/8/2013, 2:35 pm

b0013 wrote:Maybe just 4A... but, next weeks game of the week.

Monday 8th

Frisco Wakeland
vs
Molina

Anyone know where this game will be played?
This game will be played at FM Marcus. Sorry for the confusion.

letsgo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertaxi 4/8/2013, 9:40 pm

Any scores from tonight yet?

soccertaxi
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 4/9/2013, 5:19 pm

Maradona wrote:
DragonStryker wrote:Southlake Carroll advances with a 1-0 shutout oh El Paso Bel Air.

Looks like all those predictions of an early Southlake exit were a bit premature.

Hmmmm. They barely got by...that being said...they did it with 10 players. cheers

Looks like they continue to "just get by". Thankfully, those are still W's.

2-1 over EP Montwood today.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxsoccerdad 4/9/2013, 7:38 pm

Catrachito19 wrote:
nearpost95 wrote:Not surprised about El Paso Americas - saw them in FW at a tournament in January - fast, patient and skilled

Sulphur Springs finally got HP after consecutive years of overtime heartbreaks. Last year's game, HP tied it late in regulation, then won on an odd sequence in overtime - HP defender heads ball back to keeper, missed, hit post, bounced 45 degrees back to keeper, who starts counterattack... SS defender gets to a through ball first, kicks it back to his keeper, missed and into the net for game winner for HP. Gotta love playoff soccer.

Do you think keller central stands a chance agaisnt EP Americas?

Keller Central wins. 1-1 full time, and 2 OT's. won PK's 5-4

ntxsoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 34blast 4/9/2013, 9:05 pm

FM Marcus up 2-0 at half

34blast
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 4/9/2013, 10:50 pm

Coppell over Hebron 2-1...in PK's?

Almost a great upset call by Catrachito19!!!

So it sounds like Region 1 will belong to NTX with Southlake vs. Marcus and Keller Central vs. Coppell in the semi-final. Good luck to all teams - one of these will go on to the State Tournament!!

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 4/9/2013, 10:53 pm

Jesuit 1 - McKinney Boyd 1. Jesuit scores two goals, unfortunately one was an own goal. McKinney Boyd advances in shootout 9-10.
soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxsoccerdad 4/9/2013, 10:56 pm

soccergrinder wrote:Jesuit 1 - McKinney Boyd 1. Jesuit scores two goals, unfortunately one was an own goal. McKinney Boyd advances in shootout 9-10.

That's a heartbreaker

ntxsoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccernovice 4/10/2013, 12:12 am

Go McKinney Boyd!! They lost to Jesuit last year in PK's in regionals it was nice to win this time exciting finish.
Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Goooal!!! 4/10/2013, 12:47 am

soccergrinder wrote:Jesuit 1 - McKinney Boyd 1. Jesuit scores two goals, unfortunately one was an own goal. McKinney Boyd advances in shootout 9-10.

sucks to beat yourself but usually 'own goals' are a result of intense pressure with the goal being actually caused by the opponent - or - a blantant mistake by the keeper/defense on a free pass back attempt. anyone know which occurred here? there must have been an overtime period between the regulation tie and the shootout?
Goooal!!!
Goooal!!!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 4/10/2013, 12:58 am

I only caught the last four minutes of the second overtime and the PK shoot-out. Not much possession in the waning minutes. The pitch was flat, hard and fast.

Decent crowd for a game ending after 10pm. Vuvuzelas blowing, cheering, clapping, Ole-Ole-Ole's... pretty cool for a HS match. It was about 10:30pm when the game ended with the Boyd team celebrating wildly.

The stadium was only a few minutes from our boys' soccer practice. When we heard the game was tied and going into OT, we rushed over to Frisco Memorial to catch the ending.

PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 4/10/2013, 7:12 am

Catrachito19 wrote:In my oppinion Coppell doesn't get pass thru the third round.

Rolling Eyes
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooneyhasplugs 4/10/2013, 7:20 am

PG-Boy wrote:I only caught the last four minutes of the second overtime and the PK shoot-out. Not much possession in the waning minutes. The pitch was flat, hard and fast.

Decent crowd for a game ending after 10pm. Vuvuzelas blowing, cheering, clapping, Ole-Ole-Ole's... pretty cool for a HS match. It was about 10:30pm when the game ended with the Boyd team celebrating wildly.

The stadium was only a few minutes from our boys' soccer practice. When we heard the game was tied and going into OT, we rushed over to Frisco Memorial to catch the ending.

Thank god I didn't make it. Vuvuzelas suck. They need to be banned. I would have had to shove one up someones rear end so the game was watchable. cool story though

Rooneyhasplugs
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

HS Playoffs - Page 4 Empty HS Playoffs

Post by scoregazam 4/10/2013, 7:56 am

Wichita Falls Rider 2-0 over Granbury.
scoregazam
scoregazam
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 4/10/2013, 7:58 am

Goooal!!! wrote:

sucks to beat yourself but usually 'own goals' are a result of intense pressure with the goal being actually caused by the opponent - or - a blantant mistake by the keeper/defense on a free pass back attempt. anyone know which occurred here? there must have been an overtime period between the regulation tie and the shootout?
Neither. Long throw-in into the box, Jesuit player mis-kicks a clearance ball hits another Jesuit player in the back and bounces backwards into the goal.

soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 4/10/2013, 8:49 am

I found a video of McKinney Boyd celebrating last night.

https://youtu.be/vyWxU4iPtg8

PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Goooal!!! 4/10/2013, 10:20 am

soccergrinder wrote:
Goooal!!! wrote:

Neither. Long throw-in into the box, Jesuit player mis-kicks a clearance ball hits another Jesuit player in the back and bounces backwards into the goal.

Sounds like the first scenario then, offensive pressure caused the goal.

Goooal!!!
Goooal!!!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 4/10/2013, 11:01 am

Goooal!!! wrote:
soccergrinder wrote:
Goooal!!! wrote:

Sounds like the first scenario then, offensive pressure caused the goal.

Well yes you are possibly right. But by that token then I guess Jesuit was the cause of the goal because a Jesuit player kicked the ball out of bounds which "caused" the thowin. Or maybe the McKinney Boyd keeper was the cause of the goal when he kicked the goal kick that the Jesuit player kicked out of bounds. Or maybe it was Jesuit's offensive pressure that turned into the McKinney Boyd goal kick. So you could say the Jesuit offensive pressure caused the goal. Or better yet. The refs caused the goal when they started the second half kick-off. cheers

soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Goooal!!! 4/10/2013, 11:17 am

Great logic! Sounds like Jesuit shouldn't have even bothered showing up!
Goooal!!!
Goooal!!!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next