Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

QT schedules released? - Page 4 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

QT schedules released?

+29
beerme
ontherightside
passfast
Soccerinsanity
debit
GDWilly
protayus
firststrike
frequent flyer
03lovingsoccer
Fanofson
PremierLeagueFan
Sprint
Axxman
mexgenius
mpcls55
allen04
Ibystander
soccerdad68
krowdkontrol
Playerman001
hanallalone
muc03b
Laroja_2012
Soccer27
Number13
odie1993
02boys
donovansucks
33 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

QT schedules released? - Page 4 Empty Re: QT schedules released?

Post by mpcls55 7/31/2013, 10:24 am

Axxman wrote:
mpcls55 wrote:
Playerman001 wrote:by Soccer27 Today at 5:40 pm
I think LP St John, FCD Moreno, DT White have a good chance in getting in the top 20.

Based on what?! Can't say I would agree with you. I think GDWilly was pretty accurite in his predictions although I would probably switch Solar Gold to 8 and LP Rase to 9. And LP Woodberry somewhere in the 20's. FC Figueroa probably higher to 18. This is based on the King Tut tounrament.

With the collapse of Castro Chelsea - Solar Gold and LP Rase/Elite have picked up some good players.   Heard from a parent who was out at the TFC fields this weekend that LP Elite beat Trevino by a few goals and it could have been worse.  

LP Elite has added a few nice players to the team and they are playing well.  Team has lots of upside potential but certainly a bunch can likely say that.  I predict they will finish top 5 when it's all said and done, but it's going to be a dog fight.

The scrimmage vs. Trevino was just that so don't make much of it.  They are a solid team and will do well.

I agree about the dogfight. Seems like there was a lot of movement this summer. Guess it can be expected at this age. Just when I thought I knew youth soccer, everything changes!

mpcls55
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/31/2013, 3:22 pm

The club distribution is also quite interesting; behind FCD on top with 9 teams, Liverpool is putting seven teams in QT!! As many as texans. 3 Solar teams only and one single andromeda...

It would be interesting to compare that with the previous years. I don't have the numbers but it seems to me that Liverpool keeps on growing (even though I believe they are the most expensive).

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 7/31/2013, 3:24 pm

gababa wrote:The club distribution is also quite interesting; behind FCD on top with 9 teams, Liverpool is putting seven teams in QT!! As many as texans. 3 Solar teams only and one single andromeda...

It would be interesting to compare that with the previous years. I don't have the numbers but it seems to me that Liverpool keeps on growing (even though I believe they are the most expensive).

Liverpool added 4 '03 teams from TFC when they swallowed that club. 3 of those are in the QT.
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 7/31/2013, 3:29 pm

It will be really interesting to see how many kids/teams LP has next year if they do enact the rumored "club pass player" idea of moving players up and down dependent upon how they practice....
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 7/31/2013, 3:33 pm

gababa wrote:The club distribution is also quite interesting; behind FCD on top with 9 teams, Liverpool is putting seven teams in QT!! As many as texans. 3 Solar teams only and one single andromeda...

I don't think they are the most expensive.  I'd say right there with the rest of them.  If I remember correctly (I'm trying to forget), the fee was $2350.  They have a couple mandatory fundraisers (a raffle and selling flowers or something like that) so if you're very lazy and don't want to sell anything, you can buy them out for a total of $350.  So that would total $2,700.  Uniforms are $370 for the complete kit.  In my experience that is close to, but still less expensive than the Texans say, and very close to the other ones.  They all hit you with fees here or there but in the end they are close.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/31/2013, 3:40 pm

Anyway you see it, Liverpool is sure to have a nice little treasure chest...so, where are the fields ? How about the Academy request (no, do not even talk to me about pre-academy)?

Back to top Go down

Post by passfast 7/31/2013, 4:29 pm

Liverpool and TFC both had applied for an Academy spot and were bitter that Andro got it, and can keep it. Guess that bitterness helped make the new marriage?

passfast
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GDWilly 7/31/2013, 5:15 pm

mpcls55 wrote:
GDWilly wrote:
Playerman001 wrote:by Soccer27 Today at 5:40 pm
I think LP St John, FCD Moreno, DT White have a good chance in getting in the top 20.

Based on what?! Can't say I would agree with you. I think GDWilly was pretty accurite in his predictions although I would probably switch Solar Gold to 8 and LP Rase to 9. And LP Woodberry somewhere in the 20's. FC Figueroa probably higher to 18. This is based on the King Tut tounrament.

Those are not predictions, they are the tournament seeds. My '02 team recently played indoor matches vs. Odyssey '03 & Fort Worth Juventus '03. I think Odyssey is a lock to qualify the first weekend and I like Juventus' chances. They are a good side that had decent results in the Cowtown Classic & King Tut.  

FW Juventus is somewhat one dimensional.  They don't give up goals because they put 8 players in the box.  They rely solely on the long ball and speed up top.  As long as teams track their 1 runner, they will not be in the game.  I think some of the TUT results are skewed because of this.  I watched part of one of their games and shooting on them was like a game of fooseball or something.

They don't keep score for possession or style of play, team with the most goals wins.

GDWilly
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad68 7/31/2013, 8:35 pm

Odyssey 2, LFCA St Johns 0 in tonight's tuneup before QT. Game controlled solidly by Odyssey. Great passing. St Johns defense played well, but Odyssey missed several good looks. St Johns had only a few opportunities early with Odyssey easily owning 65-70% possession.

soccerdad68
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mpcls55 8/1/2013, 7:26 am

passfast wrote:Liverpool and TFC both had applied for an Academy spot and were bitter that Andro got it, and can keep it.  Guess that bitterness helped make the new marriage?

Rumor has it, if there is to be another regional Pre-Academy team, it will have to come from Oklahoma. N. Tx spots are already full.

mpcls55
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mpcls55 8/1/2013, 7:28 am

Axxman wrote:

I don't think they are the most expensive.  I'd say right there with the rest of them.  If I remember correctly (I'm trying to forget), the fee was $2350.  They have a couple mandatory fundraisers (a raffle and selling flowers or something like that) so if you're very lazy and don't want to sell anything, you can buy them out for a total of $350.  So that would total $2,700.  Uniforms are $370 for the complete kit.  In my experience that is close to, but still less expensive than the Texans say, and very close to the other ones.  They all hit you with fees here or there but in the end they are close.

I think most LP teams love to travel to tourneys. I'm sure that adds a significant expense.

mpcls55
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ontherightside 8/1/2013, 9:44 am

mpcls55 wrote:
passfast wrote:Liverpool and TFC both had applied for an Academy spot and were bitter that Andro got it, and can keep it.  Guess that bitterness helped make the new marriage?

Rumor has it, if there is to be another regional Pre-Academy team, it will have to come from Oklahoma. N. Tx spots are already full.

Oh, how wrong that rumor may be.....

ontherightside
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/1/2013, 9:47 am

Seriously though, I am curious what the process is for a club to apply for an academy spot...I bet it is somewhat shady...

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 8/1/2013, 9:50 am

gababa wrote:Seriously though, I am curious what the process is for a club to apply for an academy spot...I bet it is somewhat shady...

I'm sure its not shady at all. Its probably just as above-board as applying to FIFA to host the World Cup.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/1/2013, 10:19 am

Number13 wrote:
gababa wrote:Seriously though, I am curious what the process is for a club to apply for an academy spot...I bet it is somewhat shady...

I'm sure its not shady at all.  Its probably just as above-board as applying to FIFA to host the World Cup.  
Oh please tell me there is not that amount of bribery involved.

Talking about money did you see : 145 Millions Euro for Bale (this is what they ask for) !!?!?! For a guy who has won....nothing (ok the cup in 2008 when he was a sub)!
Please tell me Madrid is not going to agree.

Back to top Go down

Post by beerme 8/1/2013, 4:43 pm

http://www.liverpoolfcamerica.com/news_article/show/274078-liverpool-fc-america-joins-the-national-premier-league-npl-
beerme
beerme
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 8/1/2013, 4:55 pm

gababa wrote:
Number13 wrote:

I'm sure its not shady at all.  Its probably just as above-board as applying to FIFA to host the World Cup.  
Oh please tell me there is not that amount of bribery involved.

Talking about money did you see : 145 Millions Euro for Bale (this is what they ask for) !!?!?! For a guy who has won....nothing (ok the cup in 2008 when he was a sub)!
Please tell me Madrid is not going to agree.
I like Bale, he's a fun player to watch. That's an insane price but I do like him. Out of curiousity, how much of that 145M does he get? He's got to get a piece of it, right?
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 8/2/2013, 4:03 am

No. That fee is just between the clubs. The player does not get any of it. If the clubs agree a fee, the player then enters into negotiations for salary, signing bonus, image rights, WAGS, etc
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/2/2013, 7:19 am

beerme wrote:http://www.liverpoolfcamerica.com/news_article/show/274078-liverpool-fc-america-joins-the-national-premier-league-npl-
I thought the National premier league was a league that ANY team (club or independent) qualifies to if they make top 3 of classic league. Isn't that the case ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/2/2013, 7:34 am

gababa wrote:
beerme wrote:http://www.liverpoolfcamerica.com/news_article/show/274078-liverpool-fc-america-joins-the-national-premier-league-npl-
I thought the National premier league was a league that ANY team (club or independent) qualifies to if they make top 3 of classic league. Isn't that the case ?
its the top 4

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 8/2/2013, 8:33 am

The Boss wrote:
gababa wrote:
its the top 4

That is for the USYSA Region III Premier League.

The Liverpool press release is for the National Premier League sanctioned by US Club Soccer.  It's made up of 18 or 19 "member leagues" of which there are 2 in Texas:

1. Texas Pre-Academy League--commonly referred to as TEPAL or Pre-Academy or PA on these message boards.
2. South Central Premier League--this appears to be a new league beginning this fall of which Liverpool is a part--http://nationalpremierleagues.com/SouthCentral/index_E.html

It's all become quite confusing with all the similar league names.  I do wonder why the upstart leagues don't come up with different names if for no other reason, to differentiate the brand.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/2/2013, 9:09 am

debit wrote:
The Boss wrote:
gababa wrote:
its the top 4

That is for the USYSA Region III Premier League.

The Liverpool press release is for the National Premier League sanctioned by US Club Soccer.  It's made up of 18 or 19 "member leagues" of which there are 2 in Texas:

1. Texas Pre-Academy League--commonly referred to as TEPAL or Pre-Academy or PA on these message boards.
2. South Central Premier League--this appears to be a new league beginning this fall of which Liverpool is a part--http://nationalpremierleagues.com/SouthCentral/index_E.html

It's all become quite confusing with all the similar league names.  I do wonder why the upstart leagues don't come up with different names if for no other reason, to differentiate the brand.
I agree the branding is becoming so bad in our soccer world here in the US; I know that on the web companies are getting sued when they are, on purpose, using similar domain names to confuse end users (like gogle instead of google). Should be the same in soccer. By the way can somebody clarifies which body governs Pre-academy and which one governs academy; I think they are not the same, are they ?

But so, to go back to Liverpool, what does that mean ? Are the liverpool classic league teams now able to play against the preacademy teams ? Or are they just going play their seasons separately and potentially meet at the end of the year in the Nationals ?

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 8/2/2013, 9:28 am

My understanding is that Pre Academy is run by US Club Soccer and Academy is overseen directly by USSF.

Regarding the National Premier League (NPL) and Liverpool, it seems that NPL has 18 or 19 independent leagues. One of them is TEPAL and the newest league in this region is South Central Premier League (includes clubs from NTX, STX, OK). These 2 leagues will be run independently and the winners will advance to nationals. I understand this to mean that Liverpool teams will remain in Classic League and the "top team" will also play in this league, but will not play against TEPAL teams--instead against the clubs in the new South Central League.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ontherightside 8/2/2013, 9:31 am

debit wrote:My understanding is that Pre Academy is run by US Club Soccer and Academy is overseen directly by USSF.

Regarding the National Premier League (NPL) and Liverpool, it seems that NPL has 18 or 19 independent leagues. One of them is TEPAL and the newest league in this region is South Central Premier League (includes clubs from NTX, STX, OK). These 2 leagues will be run independently and the winners will advance to nationals. I understand this to mean that Liverpool teams will remain in Classic League and the "top team" will also play in this league, but will not play against TEPAL teams--instead against the clubs in the new South Central League.

That is my understanding as well - however what is not clear about the new South Central Premier League is whether it will be birth year or not. I think it is and LP will pool players from within it's own club to play in this league and the teams will be called Liverpool Warriors. Those same players will also still be rostered on their CL teams. They will play in two leagues.

ontherightside
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 8/2/2013, 9:48 am

well, we've completely hijacked this thread, but let's put the blame on the 03 parents who just aren't hyper enough to argue incessantly about their QT seedings, schedules, rosters, illegal players, etc. Laughing

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 8/2/2013, 9:55 am

debit wrote:well, we've completely hijacked this thread, but let's put the blame on the 03 parents who just aren't hyper enough to argue incessantly about their QT seedings, schedules, rosters, illegal players, etc. Laughing

Wait....is the QT this weekend?
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next