Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

New Substitution Rule U15 + - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

New Substitution Rule U15 +

+17
THE NEEDLE
ball-coise is mhath
mrclean
cityslicker61
scrmum
dreambig
Goal4Momma
scref
FlatBack4
swindler
soccerrus2
RedBaron
The German
happyfeet
south
my2cents
wbgbpfan
21 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

New Substitution Rule U15 + - Page 2 Empty Re: New Substitution Rule U15 +

Post by scref 8/19/2009, 4:45 pm

The process will be the coaches are to have cards for the players that will be handed to AR1 (the AR that is on the side of the coaches) and will be kept till half time, if the player doesn't have a card they can not enter the game. At half time the cards will be returned to coach.

It is up to the referee to make sure that a player does not re-enter the game in the same half. The only exception is if the keeper gets hurt and must come off the field a keeper can be subbed for him that doesn't count against the 7 subs (or number of players) for the half. If the injured keeper re-enters the game they must do so as the keeper of it will be considered a sub.

Make sense?

scref
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBaron 8/19/2009, 8:30 pm

scref wrote:The process will be the coaches are to have cards for the players that will be handed to AR1 (the AR that is on the side of the coaches) and will be kept till half time, if the player doesn't have a card they can not enter the game. At half time the cards will be returned to coach.

It is up to the referee to make sure that a player does not re-enter the game in the same half. The only exception is if the keeper gets hurt and must come off the field a keeper can be subbed for him that doesn't count against the 7 subs (or number of players) for the half. If the injured keeper re-enters the game they must do so as the keeper of it will be considered a sub.

Make sense?
Does, but:
a) so many ways around this not funny
b) it's a game - let the kids play
Still didn't answer the question - as obvious as it will be to circumvent this rule, what will the refs do if they find a player has reentered the game?
RedBaron
RedBaron
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wbgbpfan 8/19/2009, 8:49 pm

RedBaron wrote:
scref wrote:The process will be the coaches are to have cards for the players that will be handed to AR1 (the AR that is on the side of the coaches) and will be kept till half time, if the player doesn't have a card they can not enter the game. At half time the cards will be returned to coach.

Make sense?
Does, but:
Still didn't answer the question - as obvious as it will be to circumvent this rule, what will the refs do if they find a player has reentered the game?
RED CARD?
wbgbpfan
wbgbpfan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by swindler 8/19/2009, 9:20 pm

RedBaron wrote:Does, but:

a) Name three (that would actually work).
b) Every kid can still play. So what's your point?

And yeah, absolutely a red card.
swindler
swindler
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBaron 8/20/2009, 8:44 am

swindler wrote:

For as long as there have been rules there are people who try to circumvent. The question is what is the penalty? If the parking fine is $15 and it costs you $25 to park in the lot across the street, why not take the ticket? One of the points being, they ushered this rule into place without thinking it through and to what point? What is the real advantage of this rule - from the kids perspective - not the coaches, not North Texas Soccer? We've heard it is in place to prepare the kids for playing at a higher level. Really?

If a kid is being platooned today, is there really a chance for this kid to play at a higher level? Maybe he/she does need conditioning. Being pulled and not allowed to return does not correct this. We've heard there are too many substitutions in some games. Since the substitution is at the discretion of the ref, have the refs monitor the swapping of players. If it gets out of hand, then stop or slow down the substitutions. Besides, at the higher level, don't they add time at the end of the half and game to compensate for stoppage of play? When was the last time you were at a game (tournament or Classic) where they added time due to substitutions or injury? The only time I've seen this is due to a) an broken leg requiring an ambulance or b) lightning.

This is a GAME for the KIDS to play. Maybe, just maybe there will be ONE kid from each age group who will play professionally and earn a decent living. Why have a rule that reports to help ONE at the expense of 540. In the event a team is moving on to play at Nationals, the coach could easily practice by not substituting or allowing kids to reenter a game. And easy enough for the coach to explain this to the kids and parents. Again, why a rule that helps 2 teams out of the 30 per age group?

Teams at this age group tend to carry a full roster of 18. For the studs on the team, no worries, they will get their playing time. Maybe, just maybe, they lost 10 minutes last year, so a bench player could get some playing time. Players 6-11 benefit with more playing time as the coach will likely keep them in longer. Players 12-18 will see less playing time. Maybe this motivates them to work harder for playing time - seriously doubt it. More likely, this will turn them off from the sport - meaning they will quit. Number 1 unwritten rule - they have to have fun. If they no longer enjoy the game there will be no higher level.

From a parents perspective, why in the hell would I pay a coach/club dollars for my kid to practice, but not play in a sport?
RedBaron
RedBaron
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by south 8/20/2009, 9:01 am

From a parents perspective, why in the hell would I pay a coach/club dollars for my kid to practice, but not play in a sport?[/quote]

Exactly! But then why not move him to another team at a lower level of competition where he can play the majority of the game? Bottom three players on an 18 player roster might be better suited to drop a division of play and get that valuable game experience.
Some parents will argue that their son develops better by training with a higher division team. As you noted- not many kids from Classic are going pro. Many are going to play in college. However, if a player is not starting on a DI team, the chances he is going to get a scholarship to play somewhere are pretty low. Why not let him enjoy the game more on a team where he can play a lot. The small difference in intensity/quality of training partners will not matter much in the long run.
south
south
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 8/20/2009, 9:36 am

RedBaron wrote:
swindler wrote:

For as long as there have been rules there are people who try to circumvent. The question is what is the penalty? If the parking fine is $15 and it costs you $25 to park in the lot across the street, why not take the ticket? One of the points being, they ushered this rule into place without thinking it through and to what point? What is the real advantage of this rule - from the kids perspective - not the coaches, not North Texas Soccer? We've heard it is in place to prepare the kids for playing at a higher level. Really?

If a kid is being platooned today, is there really a chance for this kid to play at a higher level? Maybe he/she does need conditioning. Being pulled and not allowed to return does not correct this. We've heard there are too many substitutions in some games. Since the substitution is at the discretion of the ref, have the refs monitor the swapping of players. If it gets out of hand, then stop or slow down the substitutions. Besides, at the higher level, don't they add time at the end of the half and game to compensate for stoppage of play? When was the last time you were at a game (tournament or Classic) where they added time due to substitutions or injury? The only time I've seen this is due to a) an broken leg requiring an ambulance or b) lightning.

This is a GAME for the KIDS to play. Maybe, just maybe there will be ONE kid from each age group who will play professionally and earn a decent living. Why have a rule that reports to help ONE at the expense of 540. In the event a team is moving on to play at Nationals, the coach could easily practice by not substituting or allowing kids to reenter a game. And easy enough for the coach to explain this to the kids and parents. Again, why a rule that helps 2 teams out of the 30 per age group?

Teams at this age group tend to carry a full roster of 18. For the studs on the team, no worries, they will get their playing time. Maybe, just maybe, they lost 10 minutes last year, so a bench player could get some playing time. Players 6-11 benefit with more playing time as the coach will likely keep them in longer. Players 12-18 will see less playing time. Maybe this motivates them to work harder for playing time - seriously doubt it. More likely, this will turn them off from the sport - meaning they will quit. Number 1 unwritten rule - they have to have fun. If they no longer enjoy the game there will be no higher level.

From a parents perspective, why in the hell would I pay a coach/club dollars for my kid to practice, but not play in a sport?
1) You never gave even one way...much less three.
2) I add time in almost EVERY game I ref....and so does virtually every other ref I have worked with. Maybe your watch is broken
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Goal4Momma 8/20/2009, 10:27 am

Hi SCREF,

When do the coaches get the player cards to hand to you during the game? Will we be getting those tonight at our managers meeting? queen
Goal4Momma
Goal4Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 8/20/2009, 10:29 am

Goal4Momma wrote:Hi SCREF,

When do the coaches get the player cards to hand to you during the game? Will we be getting those tonight at our managers meeting? queen
Teams will provide their own cards. No cards...no play!
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Goal4Momma 8/20/2009, 10:31 am

Ok... so since this is the first I am hearing about needing cards.... and our first game is saturday, where do I get them? do we use the travel cards? I'm not trying to be a smarty pants, I am really wanting to know so I can be ready.... I hope no one takes it that way. queen
Goal4Momma
Goal4Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBaron 8/20/2009, 10:32 am

happyfeet wrote:
Goal4Momma wrote:Hi SCREF,

Teams will provide their own cards. No cards...no play!
Yet one more rule that benefits the kids!
RedBaron
RedBaron
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 8/20/2009, 10:39 am

Goal4Momma wrote:Ok... so since this is the first I am hearing about needing cards.... and our first game is saturday, where do I get them? do we use the travel cards? I'm not trying to be a smarty pants, I am really wanting to know so I can be ready.... I hope no one takes it that way. queen
Just go out and get 3x5 index cards. That is the easiest way. One side for the 1st half and one side for the 2nd.
As for poor little RedBaron...you'll just need to suck it up. tongue
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Goal4Momma 8/20/2009, 10:42 am

Thanks Happy Feet... So they don't need to be more formalized? what will you need on the cards? Name and Jersey #? Do you want the last name listed first or first name first? or jersey # first? What is easiest for the refs?

I better get cracking on making cards..... queen
Goal4Momma
Goal4Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dreambig 8/20/2009, 10:43 am

Goal4Momma wrote:Ok... so since this is the first I am hearing about needing cards.... and our first game is saturday, where do I get them? do we use the travel cards? I'm not trying to be a smarty pants, I am really wanting to know so I can be ready.... I hope no one takes it that way. queen
Goal4Momma:
See below for information that the U17 commissioner sent:
IMPORTANT ACTION: Substitution procedures take affect IMMEDIATELY
With this new rule coming into effect staring this season, substitutes for ages U-15 and above will be limited to 7 substitutes per half---no re-entry by a player. This rule was voted on and accepted by the coaches.
1. Each team will have "Substitute Cards" at each and every game. The card can be be a 4" x 6" Index Card---laminated or not. The team name will be written on the card.
2. When the team wants to make a sub, the coach will hand the player a card which will indicate the number of the player entering as a sub and also the number of the player leaving the field. The player will then hand the card to the assistant referee or the referee, depending on who is controlling the substitution at that time.
3. This practice will be done in each half.
4. At the end of the first half the assistant referee or the referee will hand the cards back to the coaches. This will also be done at the end of the game.
5. It is the responsibility of each and every team to bring substitute cards---NO CARDS NO SUBS.
6. If you forget to have these cards available, the office will maintain a supply of 4" x 6" Index Cards for PURCHASE at $1.00 per card! We want you to remember to bring these cards. Using the back of a roster or torn up scraps of paper will not be accepted. This is on you and your coach to remember.
The substitution rule and procedures will be reviewed at the Manager's meeting next week.
dreambig
dreambig
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Goal4Momma 8/20/2009, 11:09 am

Thank you so much for sharing DreamBig... I do have a question.... will the cards be blank and the coach has to fill them out before he subs? I guess I'm not understanding how this will work based on the instructions above... Maybe they will paint a clear picture for me tonight at the meeting.
Like I said, I just want to be sure I have what we need and there are no hiccups!
queen
Goal4Momma
Goal4Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 8/20/2009, 11:12 am

Goal4Momma wrote:Thank you so much for sharing DreamBig... I do have a question.... will the cards be blank and the coach has to fill them out before he subs? I guess I'm not understanding how this will work based on the instructions above... Maybe they will paint a clear picture for me tonight at the meeting.
Like I said, I just want to be sure I have what we need and there are no hiccups!
queen
Yes, they will be blank. When the coach decides he/she wants to sub, they will write the information on the card and give it to the entering player who will hand it to the Ref/AR...who will hold onto it until halftime.
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Goal4Momma 8/20/2009, 11:17 am

Thanks so much! I appreciate it! I'll get some cards and write our team name on them Front and Back. Then I'll tell the coach what he needs to do...... I'll make sure he has a pen too.
Happy feet, since this is the first time to do this, do you think it will slow down the game just a tiny bit? I know earlier, someone said it won't.. but I have to think that there will be some growing pains/learning before its a "smooth" process. queen
Goal4Momma
Goal4Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 8/20/2009, 11:21 am

Goal4Momma wrote:Thanks so much! I appreciate it! I'll get some cards and write our team name on them Front and Back. Then I'll tell the coach what he needs to do...... I'll make sure he has a pen too.
Happy feet, since this is the first time to do this, do you think it will slow down the game just a tiny bit? I know earlier, someone said it won't.. but I have to think that there will be some growing pains/learning before its a "smooth" process. queen
I really don't think so. Let's face it, all the ref or AR has to do when a sub comes in is to check to make sure that the entering player's # is not the same as an exiting player's # on any of the other cards he is holding. Not rocket science!
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBaron 8/20/2009, 11:24 am

happyfeet wrote:
I really don't think so. Let's face it, all the ref or AR has to do when a sub comes in is to check to make sure that the entering player's # is not the same as an exiting player's # on any of the other cards he is holding. Not rocket science!
Let the kids PLAY.
RedBaron
RedBaron
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Goal4Momma 8/20/2009, 11:24 am

I'm sure you are right.... I guess its just the consistancy part I'm thinking about.. I'm sure there will be a healthy debate come Monday morning! tee hee!

Can we reuse the card each week until its full.. by that I mean scratch out or do we need fresh cards at every game..... What is better for the refs?
Goal4Momma
Goal4Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 8/20/2009, 11:27 am

happyfeet wrote:
Coaches required to do paperwork...yeah...this rule will last. I predict coaches will begin pushing for the 4th official after a couple years.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 8/20/2009, 11:31 am

RedBaron wrote:
happyfeet wrote:
Let the kids PLAY.
Maybe you mean "let my kid play".
If your coach is subbing more than 7 players in EACH half, he's not coaching effectively. There's no better way to slow down the flow of the game than to sub every 6 minutes.
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 8/20/2009, 11:33 am

Goal4Momma wrote:I'm sure you are right.... I guess its just the consistancy part I'm thinking about.. I'm sure there will be a healthy debate come Monday morning! tee hee!

Can we reuse the card each week until its full.. by that I mean scratch out or do we need fresh cards at every game..... What is better for the refs?
Use a clean card
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 8/20/2009, 11:36 am

happyfeet wrote:
If your coach is subbing more than 7 players in EACH half, he's not coaching effectively. There's no better way to slow down the flow of the game than to sub every 6 minutes.
What difference does it make if he wants his kid to play. Sports are meant to be played and not to sit on the bench, attend practice, or reduced due to silly rule.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Goal4Momma 8/20/2009, 11:38 am

happyfeet wrote:
Goal4Momma wrote:I'm sure you are right.... I guess its just the consistancy part I'm thinking about.. I'm sure there will be a healthy debate come Monday morning! tee hee!

Use a clean card

Got it thanks so much for walking me thru the process! I appreciate it! queen
Goal4Momma
Goal4Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 8/20/2009, 11:40 am

soccerrus2 wrote:
happyfeet wrote:
What difference does it make if he wants his kid to play. Sports are meant to be played and not to sit on the bench, attend practice, or reduced due to silly rule.
If equal playing time is your goal, then rec soccer is the place to be. Nothing wrong with that at all. Just different priorities. If your kid is number 20 on a 21 roster, they would be better off playing in a lower division...if game time is your number one priority.
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next