Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

New Substitution Rule U15 + - Page 4 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

New Substitution Rule U15 +

+17
THE NEEDLE
ball-coise is mhath
mrclean
cityslicker61
scrmum
dreambig
Goal4Momma
scref
FlatBack4
swindler
soccerrus2
RedBaron
The German
happyfeet
south
my2cents
wbgbpfan
21 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

New Substitution Rule U15 + - Page 4 Empty Re: New Substitution Rule U15 +

Post by THE NEEDLE 4/28/2010, 9:45 pm

south wrote:After a full season, what are everyone's thoughts on this rule? Is it an improvement? Should the other local leagues adopt it? Should Classic League drop the rule?
I like it. I hate the endless subbing some coaches do to kill off games.

THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by UEFAfan 4/28/2010, 10:05 pm

THE NEEDLE wrote:
south wrote:After a full season, what are everyone's thoughts on this rule? Is it an improvement? Should the other local leagues adopt it? Should Classic League drop the rule?

I hate it...good teams/coaches don't need to use the stall tactic of subbing; Coaches don't like the sub rule much either and the ones I've spoken with think it needs to go away. Some times a player just needs to come out for some "quick coaching" etc, but with this sub rule can't go back in...not a good move on CL.
UEFAfan
UEFAfan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Goal4Momma 4/29/2010, 9:16 am

I'm not a fan and neither is our coach. I agree with what others have said about a player needing to come off for a minute, get some coaching and then go back in.... Also, if you are missing players and you have subbed, then someone gets hurt.. you are playing down... I dont think that is right. Again... just my opinion... New Substitution Rule U15 + - Page 4 Icon_queen
Goal4Momma
Goal4Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxsoccerchat 4/29/2010, 9:28 am

Couldn't all the delay tactics people complain about be avoided with better training for our officials?

It's okay to tell a coach no when he requests a sub if you think he's delaying the game. It's also okay to throw a card when a team is deliberately slow in retrieving the ball or restarting play or faking an injury....

ntxsoccerchat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 4/29/2010, 9:36 am

UEFAfan wrote:
THE NEEDLE wrote:

I hate it...good teams/coaches don't need to use the stall tactic of subbing; Coaches don't like the sub rule much either and the ones I've spoken with think it needs to go away. Some times a player just needs to come out for some "quick coaching" etc, but with this sub rule can't go back in...not a good move on CL.
Clearly, you don't know how this rule came about. The CL board didn't bring it up, the coaches did. You say coaches don't like it? The coaches' committee is the group that asked the board to implement it. If the coaches come back and ask the board to remove it, I can bet you it would probably happen.
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Goal4Momma 4/29/2010, 9:45 am

My guess is that it won't be back next year..... New Substitution Rule U15 + - Page 4 Icon_queen
Goal4Momma
Goal4Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 4/29/2010, 2:02 pm

happyfeet wrote:
Clearly, you don't know how this rule came about. The CL board didn't bring it up, the coaches did. You say coaches don't like it? The coaches' committee is the group that asked the board to implement it. If the coaches come back and ask the board to remove it, I can bet you it would probably happen.
The primary person that recomended this was Horst Bertl. Email him to push the removal. bertl47@aol.com

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 4/29/2010, 2:09 pm

soccerrus2 wrote:
happyfeet wrote:
The primary person that recomended this was Horst Bertl. Email him to push the removal. bertl47@aol.com
Horst at that point was the Chairman of the coaches committee, now it's Keith Hodder keithkicks@yahoo.com. If memory serves me well all the coaches that were present supported the initiative including the present coaching directors.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Goal4Momma 4/29/2010, 2:11 pm

I heard (thru the grapevine) that the coaches in attendance at that meeting were very sparse..... Im not judging....I'm just saying...
Goal4Momma
Goal4Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 4/29/2010, 2:22 pm

Goal4Momma wrote:I heard (thru the grapevine) that the coaches in attendance at that meeting were very sparse..... Im not judging....I'm just saying...
It's almost always sparse unless the DC tell the coaches to go becasue of a important decision like limiting the amount of teams per club in CL, however coaches see it as a waste and then complain about the decisions taken. They have the choice but it should be part of their "job" to attend those meetings. IMO.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 4/29/2010, 3:08 pm

The German wrote:
Goal4Momma wrote:I heard (thru the grapevine) that the coaches in attendance at that meeting were very sparse..... Im not judging....I'm just saying...
It's almost always sparse unless the DC tell the coaches to go becasue of a important decision like limiting the amount of teams per club in CL, however coaches see it as a waste and then complain about the decisions taken. They have the choice but it should be part of their "job" to attend those meetings. IMO.
Sparse is relative when referring to the coaches' meetings. This one had better attendance than most, but not a lot. The DOCs of most clubs heartily endorsed this rule. As I mentioned earlier, the board will certainly take to heart a recommendation to repeal it. So far, I haven't heard a thing.
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 4/29/2010, 3:09 pm

soccerrus2 wrote:
happyfeet wrote:
Poor Horst. He's going to get a bunch of emails and he has nothing to do with it anymore! New Substitution Rule U15 + - Page 4 Icon_lol
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBaron 4/30/2010, 9:23 am

Still hate it. Totally takes away ability for "in game" coaching moments. Agree with the comment on injury - happened to us twice. If this was the EPL, then understandable, but there are kids that WANT to play and are losing opportunities because of this rule.

I still think it hurts playing time for teams with large rosters and small rosters as coaches are leery of pulling their better players.
RedBaron
RedBaron
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gpoo 4/30/2010, 11:38 am

swindler wrote:Honestly, I'm not sure I understand why there would be so much uproar about this. With an 18 player roster, seven subs per half means that everyone could play in each half, if that's what the coach wanted to do. He just can't keep them rotating them in and out like there was a revolving door at the bench. If the kids get winded after 15 minutes, then the problem is conditioning. And I don't agree with the freedom to bring players in for set pieces either.

Our team has been more-or-less following the U15+ substitution rules for years, and generally everyone plays, and we're not even at U15 yet.

No big fuss, but it does affect how a coach uses his players. All this nonsense about aligning with top leagues, poohaa. Classic now with the Academy has become much more of a league for kids that want to play, and enjoy soccer. How does this rule promote that? For our situation with very few subs due to injury it hog ties the coach. Once you pull a player that is it, no more help coming from the bench.

Besides there was absolutely no issue previously, so why make the change (please see poohaa comment for more detail)?
gpoo
gpoo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 4/30/2010, 12:54 pm

gpoo wrote:
Classic now with the Academy has become much more of a league for kids that want to play, and enjoy soccer
Completely agree...now you think our fees will come down?

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by norwich city 4/30/2010, 4:39 pm

My sons coach was recently at a coaches meeting and brought this topic up in hopes of having it changed back. He said that the more well known coaches in Classic loved this rule because it made their kids fight for their starting role at every practice.
norwich city
norwich city
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 4/30/2010, 4:50 pm

Pretty sad comment on their coaching if they need that rule to motivate their players to practice hard! It is a poor rule. This is from one whose son rarely comes out. Hope it is gone as we go into that age group in the fall.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by norwich city 4/30/2010, 11:28 pm

my2cents wrote:Pretty sad comment on their coaching if they need that rule to motivate their players to practice hard! It is a poor rule. This is from one whose son rarely comes out. Hope it is gone as we go into that age group in the fall.

I agree!
norwich city
norwich city
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBaron 5/1/2010, 6:19 pm

my2cents wrote:Pretty sad comment on their coaching if they need that rule to motivate their players to practice hard! It is a poor rule. This is from one whose son rarely comes out. Hope it is gone as we go into that age group in the fall.

Begs the question - are we here for the coaches or the players? I the players leave we have nothing. If the coaches leave?.?....?
RedBaron
RedBaron
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 5/1/2010, 10:50 pm

Cheaper dues New Substitution Rule U15 + - Page 4 Icon_question New Substitution Rule U15 + - Page 4 Icon_exclaim New Substitution Rule U15 + - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4