Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Plano Labor Day Tournament (02 Teams) - Page 7 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Plano Labor Day Tournament (02 Teams)

+31
Number13
Jogabonita
Majortom
#14soccermama
txsoccerdad
Soccer27
lczcm
texastea
tigre4now
Ochocinco
creeper
my2cents
toobookoo4you
pitchperfect
just4kickz
Sprint
ocfc
soccerbob2
Soccerdad79
Erica9901
WRG
tomuchsoccer
cowpukesfan
TexasSoccer02
futbolista
Soccerismylife
burnthestar
BAFANA BAFANA
accidentalelbow
debit
What
35 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Plano Labor Day Tournament (02 Teams) - Page 7 Empty Re: Plano Labor Day Tournament (02 Teams)

Post by Erica9901 9/7/2011, 2:27 pm

toomuchsoccer

[/quote]

But bring your 01,02,03 team up and we will beat whoever you put on the field[/quote]

lol!

Erica9901
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Plano Labor Day Tournament (02 Teams) - Page 7 Empty Re: Plano Labor Day Tournament (02 Teams)

Post by Erica9901 9/7/2011, 2:29 pm

Hi #14soccermama! Congrats on a good tournament...bet I know you =)

My screen name pretty much gives me away, huh? 1st place in Nov!!!

Erica9901
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by WRG 9/7/2011, 2:39 pm

Erica9901 wrote:toomuchsoccer

But bring your 01,02,03 team up and we will beat whoever you put on the field[/quote]

lol![/quote]

I am sure toomuchsoccer needs no defending but not sure why you are putting uo the LOL sign to his saying. The Houstonians did not play DTS, went one and one against LP Gerrard and got beat by Solar Dynamo.

I would say his prediction was right.

WRG
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 9/7/2011, 3:22 pm

WRG wrote:
Erica9901 wrote:toomuchsoccer

But bring your 01,02,03 team up and we will beat whoever you put on the field

lol![/quote]

I am sure toomuchsoccer needs no defending but not sure why you are putting uo the LOL sign to his saying. The Houstonians did not play DTS, went one and one against LP Gerrard and got beat by Solar Dynamo.

I would say his prediction was right. [/quote]

I would tend to agree with toomuchsoccer and WRG. Houstonians wasn't a bad team, but in my opinion they are mostly an aggressive kickballing team. They play high pressure defense very well, and they're on top of your first touch right away. It's hard to turn and make an accurate pass then they jump on that loose ball and boot it. My son's team played them twice giving up 5 goals to them. Every goal Houstonians scored against us was a set piece--0 in open play. They scored on 3 corners and 2 DFKs from about 20-25 yards. I think that clearly gives our coach something to work on Laughing

The first game against them we dominated possession early, missed a PK and went down 1-3 (corners/DFK) about midway through the second half. We steadily kept playing our game and scored 3 quick goals to take the win.

The second game against them I think we devolved into kickball. I think part of it was tired legs, part of it was monkey-see, monkey-do and part of it was frustration with the high pressure defense. Houstonians can take you out of your possession game, and it takes a lot of commitment to beat them, but I think a lot of NTX quality teams can compete with them very well.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by #14soccermama 9/7/2011, 3:32 pm

We sure didn't get a chance to play DTS and why is that because they got knocked out in Semi's...believe me that is who we were wanting to face off against...You are correct on our record...and I see we got what we wanted accomplished our name out there and baby it is!!! one more thing when we return we will be stacked with a full team like the other teams. Both times we have come to Dallas we have been under manned (only 1/2 subs) and still made it to the Finals.

#14soccermama
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by creeper 9/7/2011, 4:01 pm

#14soccermama wrote:We sure didn't get a chance to play DTS and why is that because they got knocked out in Semi's...believe me that is who we were wanting to face off against...You are correct on our record...and I see we got what we wanted accomplished our name out there and baby it is!!! one more thing when we return we will be stacked with a full team like the other teams. Both times we have come to Dallas we have been under manned (only 1/2 subs) and still made it to the Finals.

Well first of all congrats on making it to the finals. I see you were wanting to face off against the big bad wolf DTS but it didn't happen. I guess your team will earn the respect once they can beat the top teams. Looking at your road to the Finals you had an easier road than others. Your team only played one of the top 3 U10 teams in North Texas and that was a loss.

creeper
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by What 9/7/2011, 4:04 pm

#14soccermama wrote:We sure didn't get a chance to play DTS and why is that because they got knocked out in Semi's...believe me that is who we were wanting to face off against...You are correct on our record...and I see we got what we wanted accomplished our name out there and baby it is!!! one more thing when we return we will be stacked with a full team like the other teams. Both times we have come to Dallas we have been under manned (only 1/2 subs) and still made it to the Finals.

Humble yourself, you guys have a good team but let’s not forget about mystery player number 4 (coach’s son) from last tournament Surprised
What
What
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerdad79 9/7/2011, 4:08 pm

Erica9901 wrote:Hi #14soccermama! Congrats on a good tournament...bet I know you =)

My screen name pretty much gives me away, huh? 1st place in Nov!!!

1st place in Nov?? Which tournament will you guys participate in?
Soccerdad79
Soccerdad79
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by #14soccermama 9/7/2011, 4:13 pm

#4 confused I'm confused

#14soccermama
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 9/7/2011, 4:15 pm

What wrote:

Humble yourself, you guys have a good team but let’s not forget about mystery player number 4 (coach’s son) from last tournament Surprised

Okay, did I miss something here?
Where did all of these Houstonian posters come from?
From all of this chatter, I would've loved to had made it to the games (sprained knee from flag football last Friday night).
Beware, these DT South folks are brutal on here, but I've learned to just laugh it off. Some do have a sense of humor. The others......?.....

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by What 9/7/2011, 4:26 pm

#14soccermama wrote:#4 confused I'm confused
You know your former coach… his son that played in the finals last tournament the 01 player, the only player on your team that didn’t have his name on the back of his uniform, the only player on your team that didn’t have shin guards... you know who I’m talking about C’mon son Wink
What
What
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 9/7/2011, 4:44 pm

What wrote:
#14soccermama wrote:#4 confused I'm confused
You know your former coach… his son that played in the finals last tournament the 01 player, the only player on your team that didn’t have his name on the back of his uniform, the only player on your team that didn’t have shin guards... you know who I’m talking about C’mon son Wink

"C'mon son"? Uh, excuse me. "#14soccerMAMA" is a man?
Wow. And maybe she had nothing to do with the additional player.
C'mon bro', cut her some slack. She's just posting on here as a proud parent whose kid's team went the distance.
Let's play nice.

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Majortom 9/7/2011, 4:49 pm

Your club may not have had a chance to face DTS 02s, but they did play against DTS 01 and knocked them out in quarterfinals. Congratulations to your club on a good showing at this tournament in different age groups. We look forward to playing you next year (if not sooner).

Majortom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Majortom 9/7/2011, 4:55 pm

debit wrote:
I would tend to agree with toomuchsoccer and WRG. Houstonians wasn't a bad team, but in my opinion they are mostly an aggressive kickballing team. They play high pressure defense very well, and they're on top of your first touch right away. It's hard to turn and make an accurate pass then they jump on that loose ball and boot it. My son's team played them twice giving up 5 goals to them. Every goal Houstonians scored against us was a set piece--0 in open play. They scored on 3 corners and 2 DFKs from about 20-25 yards. I think that clearly gives our coach something to work on Laughing

The first game against them we dominated possession early, missed a PK and went down 1-3 (corners/DFK) about midway through the second half. We steadily kept playing our game and scored 3 quick goals to take the win.

The second game against them I think we devolved into kickball. I think part of it was tired legs, part of it was monkey-see, monkey-do and part of it was frustration with the high pressure defense. Houstonians can take you out of your possession game, and it takes a lot of commitment to beat them, but I think a lot of NTX quality teams can compete with them very well.

IMHO...part of it was the wind. The afternoon Sunday games and all of Monday's featured a strong wind. This typically benefits kickball, set-piece type of teams. Possession based teams struggle some especially at this age where ball control is not yet mastered. As players mature, they will gradually learn to offset the wind with skill (especially living in Texas).

Majortom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by #14soccermama 9/7/2011, 5:15 pm

@ Majortom: Thank you!!
As for WHAT: When trying to put things out there make sure you have it straight...the coach's son was #9 which had his name on the back and his other son was wearing #17 with no name on the back (and he is not an 01 he is 03) our #4 with no name was not the coach's son but another player from within our club. Which is really not relevant...the ONLY other thing I have to say is....

***A WIN IS A WIN A LOSS IS A LOSS. WE HAVE ADVANCED BOTH TIMES TO THE FINALS AND YES CAME UP SHORT BY 1 POINT EACH TIME. WITH EACH LOSS WE TOOK WE HELD OUR HEADS UP HIGH AND BEGUN WORKING ON OUR MISTAKES THE MINUTE WE RETURN TO HOUSTON,INSTEAD OF MAKING EXCUSES. IF YOU BELIEVE WE PLAY AGGRESSIVE KICKBALL WELL THAT IS TRULY YOUR OPINION AND IT ADVANCED US TO THE FINAL*** cheers

#14soccermama
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by accidentalelbow 9/7/2011, 10:34 pm

#14soccermama wrote:@ Majortom: Thank you!!
As for WHAT: When trying to put things out there make sure you have it straight...the coach's son was #9 which had his name on the back and his other son was wearing #17 with no name on the back (and he is not an 01 he is 03) our #4 with no name was not the coach's son but another player from within our club. Which is really not relevant...the ONLY other thing I have to say is....

***A WIN IS A WIN A LOSS IS A LOSS. WE HAVE ADVANCED BOTH TIMES TO THE FINALS AND YES CAME UP SHORT BY 1 POINT EACH TIME. WITH EACH LOSS WE TOOK WE HELD OUR HEADS UP HIGH AND BEGUN WORKING ON OUR MISTAKES THE MINUTE WE RETURN TO HOUSTON,INSTEAD OF MAKING EXCUSES. IF YOU BELIEVE WE PLAY AGGRESSIVE KICKBALL WELL THAT IS TRULY YOUR OPINION AND IT ADVANCED US TO THE FINAL*** cheers

Congratulations certainly are in order for many of the teams in this past tournament. I for one have been a little rough on some of the Solar teams, but I think many of us expected them to put on a good performance and they did (especially Solar 02 Blue - nice work guys). I think the Houstonians are to be commended for getting to the finals, especially since they took the time to travel to North Dallas and they kept the high level of intensity throughout all their games, despite the inconvenience of being away from home for 4 days. Until North Dallas teams travel to Houston, I applaud their effort. My honest opinion is their #2 position in this tournament was rightfully earned, as they are more aggressive than Solar Blue, hence the narrow win (in the semi's), but they are not as deep as Solar Dynamo, hence their narrow loss. Aside from a poor showing for DTS in this tournament, I honestly do not believe any of these teams can consistently beat DTS - one win does not make a team great nor does a loss make a great team vulnerable. I will admit, I have posted inaccurately on here before, but there is no evidence to show DTS isn't the team to beat - which is the reason everyone wants to play them, so much so, teams are willing to drive from Houston to get their chance. Looking forward to SDL and EAL if you're there.
accidentalelbow
accidentalelbow
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jogabonita 9/7/2011, 11:30 pm

Wait for FCD Premier to yield their full team in the future. Possession style soccer will ultimately beat run and gun, or kickball teams. To all a great tourney and it will be great to see how these teams and kids will continue to grow and mature as this is where the fun is. The best is yet to come and congrats to Solar. cheers

Jogabonita
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by creeper 9/8/2011, 7:51 am

Jogabonita wrote:Wait for FCD Premier to yield their full team in the future. Possession style soccer will ultimately beat run and gun, or kickball teams. To all a great tourney and it will be great to see how these teams and kids will continue to grow and mature as this is where the fun is. The best is yet to come and congrats to Solar. cheers

Whoa beware of FCD Premier! They had one good game against DTS and now they are a team to be wrecken with. I think we should wait for every team to yield their full team. All these teams will get better.

creeper
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 9/8/2011, 8:11 am

creeper wrote: Whoa beware of FCD Premier! They had one good game against DTS and now they are a team to be wrecken with. I think we should wait for every team to yield their full team. All these teams will get better.

My prediction is that DTS will continue to be wrecken the competition. Very Happy
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by creeper 9/8/2011, 8:24 am

Number13 wrote:
creeper wrote: Whoa beware of FCD Premier! They had one good game against DTS and now they are a team to be wrecken with. I think we should wait for every team to yield their full team. All these teams will get better.

My prediction is that DTS will continue to be wrecken the competition. Very Happy

Well now you know I was never a spelling bee winner. Very Happy

creeper
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by What 9/8/2011, 8:29 am

#14soccermama- Your right one of the coach’s son was number 9 the 02, his other son number 4 the 01 was also playing in the finals last tournament (the mystery player). What you don’t know is this; I already talked to some of your parents on your team. Let me say this again you have a good team and really nice parents; I look forward seeing your team play in the future.
What
What
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by toobookoo4you 9/8/2011, 10:14 am

What wrote:

#14soccermama- Your right one of the coach’s son was number 9 the 02, his other son number 4 the 01 was also playing in the finals last tournament (the mystery player). What you don’t know is this; I already talked to some of your parents on your team. Let me say this again you have a good team and really nice parents; I look forward seeing your team play in the future.

Can we move on with the finger pointing?
I think you're still talking about a tournament that happened last January or February, right?
Let....it....go. Please.
Way to go Dynamo.
You deserve the recognition for a job well done in one of the toughest tournaments in a long time.
toobookoo4you
toobookoo4you
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by toobookoo4you 9/8/2011, 10:15 am

creeper wrote:
Number13 wrote:

Well now you know I was never a spelling bee winner. Very Happy

Dat's kool. Peeple due make misnakes on hear.
toobookoo4you
toobookoo4you
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by toobookoo4you 9/8/2011, 10:22 am

accidentalelbow wrote:

Congratulations certainly are in order for many of the teams in this past tournament. I for one have been a little rough on some of the Solar teams, but I think many of us expected them to put on a good performance and they did (especially Solar 02 Blue - nice work guys). I think the Houstonians are to be commended for getting to the finals, especially since they took the time to travel to North Dallas and they kept the high level of intensity throughout all their games, despite the inconvenience of being away from home for 4 days. Until North Dallas teams travel to Houston, I applaud their effort. My honest opinion is their #2 position in this tournament was rightfully earned, as they are more aggressive than Solar Blue, hence the narrow win (in the semi's), but they are not as deep as Solar Dynamo, hence their narrow loss. Aside from a poor showing for DTS in this tournament, I honestly do not believe any of these teams can consistently beat DTS - one win does not make a team great nor does a loss make a great team vulnerable. I will admit, I have posted inaccurately on here before, but there is no evidence to show DTS isn't the team to beat - which is the reason everyone wants to play them, so much so, teams are willing to drive from Houston to get their chance. Looking forward to SDL and EAL if you're there.

Actually Accidentalelbow, a Dallas team did travel to Houston for the Houston Labor Day Cup.
FC Dallas '02s won the U-10 Silver division over Texas United 4-2.
http://events.gotsport.com/events/resultsgrid.aspx?EventID=19175&GroupID=183700
It was a good, hard fought game.
They didn't by chance take some DT South players with them to Houston did they?
I've heard a 'rumor' that some of your kids have actually appeared in Houston, playing for a Houston club?
How in the heck did they pull that off? LOL!!!!

Last edited by toobookoo4you on 9/8/2011, 10:23 am; edited 2 times in total
toobookoo4you
toobookoo4you
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tigre4now 9/8/2011, 10:26 am

Lets all go to the Alamo Classic and beat up on all the San Antonio teams.
tigre4now
tigre4now
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tomuchsoccer 9/8/2011, 12:22 pm

First I would like to say

1. The Refs cost us
2. The wind was a factor
3. several sick kids
4. late party the night before
5. injurys
6. half the team went to wrong field
7. to much lunch before game
8. whole team had food poisioning
9. unlucky bounces
10. controled the game just couldnt get shots to go in

Well thats a few good ones anyway......with that said all our kids are grounded and can not come out and play until further notice.

All jokes of course...... congrats to FC Dallas.....we will take our medicine and try again next time.

Dang 9 year olds!!!!

tomuchsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next