Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

99 D1 after 3 Weeks? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

99 D1 after 3 Weeks?

+22
afrankw
True10
Ibra
arsenalfan
ontherightside
slidetackle
99n01
hookem
Soccerballs
plantit
go99
ball-coise is mhath
Tequilapark
Eight-Ball
indyfc
socmom3
Speedy Gonzales
Ibystander
CLUB31
99srule
omega striker
Axxman
26 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

99 D1 after 3 Weeks? Empty 99 D1 after 3 Weeks?

Post by Axxman 9/29/2009, 4:13 pm

Who would be your picks to make D1 next season after the first 3 weeks of play?
IMO;
In for sure, in no particular order;
DT
DTS
Andro Red
Atletico Madrid
FCD Suarez
Barcelona
Solar Red
Solar
More than likely;
FCD South
Fighting it out for last spot;
CD Chivas
CCO
ASG
Gunners
DT Red
Comets
Azurri
Out;
FWFC
FCD Gold
FC Force
FCD Blue

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

99 D1 after 3 Weeks? Empty Re: 99 D1 after 3 Weeks?

Post by omega striker 9/29/2009, 7:45 pm

way too early to tell! 99 D1 after 3 Weeks? Suspect
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by 99srule 9/29/2009, 9:58 pm

dt, dts, solar, solar red, barcelona and andro are the only ones after 3 weeks. the rest are too up and down or just don't play good soccer even when they win

99srule
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 9/30/2009, 7:18 am

I would say DT,DTS,Anro Red and Solar Red and fcdallas(suarez) are the only ones that I think will make for sure. The rest is up for grabs.

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 9/30/2009, 7:41 am

I'm surprised you guys don't think Atletico Madrid should be a D1 gimme. They beat Solar Red and FCD Suarez, and gave Andro Red a heck of a game. That is a solid team that will be right up there when it's all said and done.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 9/30/2009, 7:46 am

It's too bad most of the games are at the same time this Saturday. I wouldn't mind watching that Barcelona vs. Atletico match, have a feeling it will be a screamer. I guess if Atletico pulls that one out it may make the rest of you guys believers.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 9/30/2009, 8:27 am

Looks like Barcalona finally earned some respect. 99 D1 after 3 Weeks? Icon_rolleyes
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 9/30/2009, 11:56 am

I agree with Omega--it's way too early to tell. You guys are really funny. This thread is entitled 99 D1 after 3 Weeks? If that's truly what your looking at (a snapshot after 3 weeks), wouldn't you agree that Solar, Solar Red, Suarez and Barcelona (17, 16, 11, 13) would be out based on their performance? Solar Red and Solar have no wins and are sitting in 16th and 17th respectively. Solar Red has scored no goals. I'm not saying where any of these teams will end up because everyone has a lot of games left but if you're trying to make guesses based on the first three weeks all four of those teams would be out. I think the only thing we can tell after three weeks is that FCD Blue and Force will drop to D2 and Force probably belongs in D3.
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socmom3 9/30/2009, 12:06 pm

Speedy Gonzales wrote:I agree with Omega--it's way too early to tell. You guys are really funny. This thread is entitled 99 D1 after 3 Weeks? If that's truly what your looking at (a snapshot after 3 weeks), wouldn't you agree that Solar, Solar Red, Suarez and Barcelona (17, 16, 11, 13) would be out based on their performance? Solar Red and Solar have no wins and are sitting in 16th and 17th respectively. Solar Red has scored no goals. I'm not saying where any of these teams will end up because everyone has a lot of games left but if you're trying to make guesses based on the first three weeks all four of those teams would be out. I think the only thing we can tell after three weeks is that FCD Blue and Force will drop to D2 and Force probably belongs in D3.

I really hate to admit I agree with you Speedy - I don't really like you 99 D1 after 3 Weeks? Icon_wink - BUT on this topic you are correct. Three weeks in means absolutely nothing and any predictions for the end of the year with 16 games yet to be played are wobbly at best. I find it interesting though that unlike in years past,some of the top teams are matched up in the first half of the season, rather than later in the spring. The season-ending standings will be clearer later in the Spring - I'll hold off until the 2nd half of the season to start speculating. 99 D1 after 3 Weeks? Icon_razz
socmom3
socmom3
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 9/30/2009, 12:10 pm

Not really going by the snapshot of the results to date, but more so by what I've seen of the teams and their play. Not really fair to say that Solar and Solar Red would be out (although I see your point) because look at whom they've played. The only real hiccup Solar had was their first week against CCO, but a tie against Solar Red and a loss against the Texans certainly makes things a little clearer.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 9/30/2009, 1:12 pm

socmom3 wrote:
Speedy Gonzales wrote:I agree with Omega--it's way too early to tell. You guys are really funny. This thread is entitled 99 D1 after 3 Weeks? If that's truly what your looking at (a snapshot after 3 weeks), wouldn't you agree that Solar, Solar Red, Suarez and Barcelona (17, 16, 11, 13) would be out based on their performance? Solar Red and Solar have no wins and are sitting in 16th and 17th respectively. Solar Red has scored no goals. I'm not saying where any of these teams will end up because everyone has a lot of games left but if you're trying to make guesses based on the first three weeks all four of those teams would be out. I think the only thing we can tell after three weeks is that FCD Blue and Force will drop to D2 and Force probably belongs in D3.

I really hate to admit I agree with you Speedy - I don't really like you 99 D1 after 3 Weeks? Icon_wink - BUT on this topic you are correct. Three weeks in means absolutely nothing and any predictions for the end of the year with 16 games yet to be played are wobbly at best. I find it interesting though that unlike in years past,some of the top teams are matched up in the first half of the season, rather than later in the spring. The season-ending standings will be clearer later in the Spring - I'll hold off until the 2nd half of the season to start speculating. 99 D1 after 3 Weeks? Icon_razz
Thanks for agreeing but, I have to ask--how come you don't like me? I don't think we've ever met. I'm really a nice guy but admittedly a pot stirrer.We've never gotten into it that I recall, have we? 99 D1 after 3 Weeks? Icon_sad
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by indyfc 9/30/2009, 1:17 pm

Speedy brought up a question that I had. Can anyone confirm that the bottom 2 teams from D1 (19 & 20) fall directly into D3 when they start U12? That's a heavy price to pay, would've been better off starting in D2 for those two teams.
indyfc
indyfc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Eight-Ball 9/30/2009, 1:19 pm

Generally speaking I agree. However, I think there are probably 6-8 teams that if you watch them play - you can tell if they are going to be at the top or bottom of the rankings at the end of the spring D1 season. The real battle is going to be between the middle 12-14 teams fighting for the remaining D1 spots for the 2010 fall season. Many of those teams can beat each other regularly - improving their game and consistency will be what separates the ones that make D1 and those who drop to D2

Eight-Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tequilapark 9/30/2009, 1:24 pm

indyfc wrote:Speedy brought up a question that I had. Can anyone confirm that the bottom 2 teams from D1 (19 & 20) fall directly into D3 when they start U12? That's a heavy price to pay, would've been better off starting in D2 for those two teams.
Yes, the 19th and 20th team go to D3 next season
Starting in D2 would not be better, since D2 becomes D3 next season
Tequilapark
Tequilapark
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 9/30/2009, 1:27 pm

Axxman wrote:Not really going by the snapshot of the results to date, but more so by what I've seen of the teams and their play. Not really fair to say that Solar and Solar Red would be out (although I see your point) because look at whom they've played. The only real hiccup Solar had was their first week against CCO, but a tie against Solar Red and a loss against the Texans certainly makes things a little clearer.
Oh, Great One: Have you really seen all 20 play this season? If so, you spend way too much time at Richland and PHP watching games not involving your own child. If not, it's difficult for me to understand how you make these predictions. Why don't you enlighten us with your fully objective analysis of all 20 teams based on what you've actually seen rather than spewing forth biased unsupported predictions. Again, I'm not saying you're wrong ultimately at the end of 19 games but I just don't think 3 games is enough for anyone to say with any degree of certainty or credibility.
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by indyfc 9/30/2009, 1:29 pm

If these two teams (FCD Blue and Force FC) were good enough to make D1, but not compete with the team there, then they could have had a better chance of staying in D2 by winning the first two places there this year. Are there any teams in D2 now that could have challenged them for those two top spots? If I'm a parent on one of those teams I would have rather played D2 this year with a chance to stay in D2 vs getting my butt handed to me every game for a year and dropping to D3 the next.
indyfc
indyfc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tequilapark 9/30/2009, 1:30 pm

Tequilapark wrote:
indyfc wrote:Speedy brought up a question that I had. Can anyone confirm that the bottom 2 teams from D1 (19 & 20) fall directly into D3 when they start U12? That's a heavy price to pay, would've been better off starting in D2 for those two teams.
Yes, the 19th and 20th team go to D3 next season
Starting in D2 would not be better, since D2 becomes D3 next season
From the classic league rules:

For U12
, a club whose team(s) finished among the top 10 teams from U11 the previous year will be invited to field a team (or, if applicable, teams) in U12 Division I the following year.
A club whose team(s) finished among the next 8 teams from Division I the previous year or the top 2 teams from Division II the previous year will be invited to field a team (or, if applicable, teams) in U12 Division II the following year.
A club whose team(s) finished among the bottom 2 teams from Division I the previous year or the 3rd through 8th place teams from Division II the previous year will be invited to field a team (or, if applicable, teams) in Division III the following year.
The remaining 2 places in U12 Division III will be determined through the Classic League Challenge Games, as provided below.
Tequilapark
Tequilapark
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ball-coise is mhath 9/30/2009, 2:22 pm

I think the theory is that the bottom two teams in D1 would have a better chance of finishing in the top 2 of D2 against the weaker competition, thereby earning a spot in D2 the following year, rather than dropping all the way to D3.

Wouldn't necessarily work that way in reality, though. The disparity between the bottom of D1 and D2 as a whole is usually not that great but for a team or two, and there are usually some teams that through the vagaries of bracketing and missteps in qualifying are in D2, but likely stronger than the bottom of D1.
ball-coise is mhath
ball-coise is mhath
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by socmom3 9/30/2009, 2:34 pm

Speedy Gonzales wrote:
socmom3 wrote:

Thanks for agreeing but, I have to ask--how come you don't like me? I don't think we've ever met. I'm really a nice guy but admittedly a pot stirrer.We've never gotten into it that I recall, have we? 99 D1 after 3 Weeks? Icon_sad

Oops, sorry had you lumped in there with my #1 fan, abc123. No worries! 99 D1 after 3 Weeks? Icon_biggrin
socmom3
socmom3
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by indyfc 9/30/2009, 2:35 pm

ball-coise, you hit my theory right on. i would generally agree regarding the reality, but in the true reality for the current 99's D2, i don't see any teams that can compete. i'm not gonna sit here and say that for certainty cause i haven't seen them all play, but from what i saw during the QT, i don't believe there's any better team down there now than the two i am referring to.
indyfc
indyfc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 9/30/2009, 2:52 pm

My bb is on blue and I have a revolutionary idea. Instead of worrying about what team does what and who will end up where and rather it is fair. Tell you bb to work hard and play better. There are alot of games to be played regardless of what others thinks. At the end of the year, he will find out who he is. If he turns out to be a player that is carrying a team, there will be a spot for him on a D1 team somewhere. If he turns out to be coattail rider who is looking for someone else to carry him to D1, the nobody on the top needs more of those (they have plenty). In the end is all about what did he do. He is playing against the top kids in N Texas, how is he doing?
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by indyfc 9/30/2009, 3:13 pm

So in other words go99, what you are saying is that you really won't care if your bb's team stays in D2 because you are expecting him to play well enough to sign with a better team next year, right?
indyfc
indyfc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 9/30/2009, 3:19 pm

indyfc wrote:So in other words go99, what you are saying is that you really won't care if your bb's team stays in D2 because you are expecting him to play well enough to sign with a better team next year, right?
I think what he's trying to say is that you don't have to be on a D1 team to be a great player !
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 9/30/2009, 3:51 pm

I am saying that there are plenty of games left and my bb has no intentions of letting his team fall to D3 or even D2. Next season will come and then we will decide from there. The main point is it is not about the team it is about the player. I like his team in D1 now because it has forced him to always work hard and push himself. MY bb is not FCD blue for life, he wants to go on to bigger and better things. Only your talent, hard work, and perseverance can get you there. You club, team, coach, and mommy and daddy cannot. Being on a top team is not always the best thing for a kids developement. I made a choice to put him where he is because of good coaching and so far I still think I was right. BTW many didn't think they would qualify D1 and here they are. It's up to the boys on the team to determine where they stay.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 9/30/2009, 5:00 pm

go99 wrote:I am saying that there are plenty of games left and my bb has no intentions of letting his team fall to D3 or even D2. Next season will come and then we will decide from there. The main point is it is not about the team it is about the player. I like his team in D1 now because it has forced him to always work hard and push himself. MY bb is not FCD blue for life, he wants to go on to bigger and better things. Only your talent, hard work, and perseverance can get you there. You club, team, coach, and mommy and daddy cannot. Being on a top team is not always the best thing for a kids developement. I made a choice to put him where he is because of good coaching and so far I still think I was right. BTW many didn't think they would qualify D1 and here they are. It's up to the boys on the team to determine where they stay.
"Best laid plans of mice and men . . ." Not sure your bb, or anyone else for that matter, can stop that train--it's got a full head of steam and is barrelling down the track to D3. Good luck anyway. Maybe they'll turn things around soon. I really do wish you the best.
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next