Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

99 D1 after 3 Weeks? - Page 4 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

99 D1 after 3 Weeks?

+22
afrankw
True10
Ibra
arsenalfan
ontherightside
slidetackle
99n01
hookem
Soccerballs
plantit
go99
ball-coise is mhath
Tequilapark
Eight-Ball
indyfc
socmom3
Speedy Gonzales
Ibystander
CLUB31
99srule
omega striker
Axxman
26 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

99 D1 after 3 Weeks? - Page 4 Empty Re: 99 D1 after 3 Weeks?

Post by ontherightside 10/1/2009, 6:40 pm

Bobby seems like a nice enough guy, and is probably a good coach - I'll be honest and say I don't know - but I have to wonder about the analysis to pick a coach knowing that he had another primary committment during the entire MLS season that would require travel on Saturdays.
I think it turned out ok - your assistant is probably better than Rhine.

ontherightside
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibra 10/1/2009, 7:11 pm

99srule wrote:
Axxman wrote:
plantit wrote:
Axxman wrote:
Eight-Ball wrote:
go99 wrote:I don't actually think he will keep them up but I know he will do his best to try. Playing with the best players will not make you good. One of the best players from the texans 96 team did not come from a top team. One of the other top texan teams just moved several players up from one of it's lower teams. The Texans have a history of moving players onto it's top teams in later years as players from the top team are moved off.
Soccer is a team sport, but it is also one made up of talented individuals and most importantly it is a highly skilled sport. Craft 99 is not winning because they have a superior team concept. They have more talented individuals than the other teams and the other players are not as far down as some of the other teams.
See how much your team sport and no individual skill carries you when you step into an AL team tryout by yourself to compete for a spot against kids who are just better players. Look at the FCD jrs, U14 squad just came together with individuals and are already beating older squads that have been together as a team for years.
regardless of what any of us "say", if the team is so important then why is everyone putting together super teams and looking for talented players? Why did texans combine top players? What's all the recruiting for? Why not just take the same team that played together since they were kids, because the the team is what mattered right? Tell it to the kid that was at all the Dynamo/texan practices and not playing with craft now.
I'll end here. You also seem to miss something from ball-coise's post "They lose a step in their development, often moving backwards, and then need good well structured training with a more solid team to get back to where they should be. If they are truly gifted, it stunts their development.
I think what I said was playing with good players makes other good players better... I never stated that just playing with good players will make you good - two very different things. The point was the player that is carrying their team can be hurting their own long term development. And yes, soccer is a sport of highly skilled invividuals that play as a team.
I have to agree with eight-ball here, regardless of what Plantit or GO say or better yet, are wishing will happen in the future. If you had your choice and assuming your bb is good enough, would you rather play on a team with equal or better players and against the same, or on a lesser team where your bb is the one carrying the team consistantly? The answer would be an easy one for me, and I have seen it on many of occasion where the kid that had the skills didn't develop like he should have by staying on a crappy team, regardless of the coach. Many of these coaches and clubs have selfish reasons for keeping your kids and promising you the future. And one good example is Figo, don't care how much Plantit loves the guy.
Yea the 97 suffers every day LOL
I'm so sick of hearing about the 97s it's not even funny. That is all Figo or anyone on his team can ever talk about and is the main draw for recruiting and brain washing people into staying with the team. You are his number 1 salesman and that's alright, nothing wrong with that. But you give Figo a little too much credit for the 97s and you know the history I'm sure as well as anyone. And besides, there is always a cinderalla story every so often, but is that what you want to bank on, please.
too bad his magic isn't working on the 99s
For the non-believer, see you next August.
Ibra
Ibra
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/1/2009, 7:35 pm

I like delong. He is a good coach. As far as I know bobby has missed because of his 96 games not because of the mls. Sucks, but charlie is good.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by 99srule 10/1/2009, 7:40 pm

go99 wrote:so my first choice would have been diego on a combined team because my bb responds well to diego. Didn't happen though
based on the record of the other fcd teams not so sure a combined team would be that good

99srule
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/1/2009, 8:25 pm

Lol 99 D1 after 3 Weeks? - Page 4 Icon_lol good one.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 10/1/2009, 9:49 pm

Axxman wrote:
plantit wrote:
Axxman wrote:
Eight-Ball wrote:
go99 wrote:I don't actually think he will keep them up but I know he will do his best to try. Playing with the best players will not make you good. One of the best players from the texans 96 team did not come from a top team. One of the other top texan teams just moved several players up from one of it's lower teams. The Texans have a history of moving players onto it's top teams in later years as players from the top team are moved off.
Soccer is a team sport, but it is also one made up of talented individuals and most importantly it is a highly skilled sport. Craft 99 is not winning because they have a superior team concept. They have more talented individuals than the other teams and the other players are not as far down as some of the other teams.
See how much your team sport and no individual skill carries you when you step into an AL team tryout by yourself to compete for a spot against kids who are just better players. Look at the FCD jrs, U14 squad just came together with individuals and are already beating older squads that have been together as a team for years.
regardless of what any of us "say", if the team is so important then why is everyone putting together super teams and looking for talented players? Why did texans combine top players? What's all the recruiting for? Why not just take the same team that played together since they were kids, because the the team is what mattered right? Tell it to the kid that was at all the Dynamo/texan practices and not playing with craft now.
I'll end here. You also seem to miss something from ball-coise's post "They lose a step in their development, often moving backwards, and then need good well structured training with a more solid team to get back to where they should be. If they are truly gifted, it stunts their development.
I think what I said was playing with good players makes other good players better... I never stated that just playing with good players will make you good - two very different things. The point was the player that is carrying their team can be hurting their own long term development. And yes, soccer is a sport of highly skilled invividuals that play as a team.
I have to agree with eight-ball here, regardless of what Plantit or GO say or better yet, are wishing will happen in the future. If you had your choice and assuming your bb is good enough, would you rather play on a team with equal or better players and against the same, or on a lesser team where your bb is the one carrying the team consistantly? The answer would be an easy one for me, and I have seen it on many of occasion where the kid that had the skills didn't develop like he should have by staying on a crappy team, regardless of the coach. Many of these coaches and clubs have selfish reasons for keeping your kids and promising you the future. And one good example is Figo, don't care how much Plantit loves the guy.
I'm so sick of hearing about the 97s it's not even funny. That is all Figo or anyone on his team can ever talk about and is the main draw for recruiting and brain washing people into staying with the team. You are his number 1 salesman and that's alright, nothing wrong with that. But you give Figo a little too much credit for the 97s and you know the history I'm sure as well as anyone. And besides, there is always a cinderalla story every so often, but is that what you want to bank on, please.
Better than a party boy who is more concerned w/ who he beds next and when the next happy hour is.. You talk smack but cannot deny figo is one of the hardest working coaches out there. See ya in a couple of years when our tournament expierence is 2 to 1 vs yours.
When will you figure it out Josema gets the top andro team handed to him . Just like Diego use to and Hassan does now.Your 3 best players Ngon trained. Unlike you I will give josema credit where credit is due , he is a very good coach. But take the best 11 fcdallas 99 players and andro wouldn't stand a chance. You will see in a few years when you are still suckin the tit and getting beat by the jrs 6-0.

Btw 97's cinderalla ??? pulezz. don't get out much do ya?.How long has Josema had that 97 team ? 3 years and they've gone from 4th 0r 5th to 4th or 5th. Think Figo went from 18th to 4th . Keep bongin the weed josema's selling. What about the 96 that plays for the national team????? Or the 2 other 96s that play on the top solar team. or the 3- 95s that now play on the Jrs that btw smash andro on a regular basis. You smoke dirt weed , I smoke Hydro. To each his own.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 10/2/2009, 8:45 am

99srule wrote:
go99 wrote:so my first choice would have been diego on a combined team because my bb responds well to diego. Didn't happen though
based on the record of the other fcd teams not so sure a combined team would be that good
Assumption is based on baloney. If FCD had allowed their kids to try out for one top team, I think many of the players who ended up leaving would have stayed., thus you'd be seeing a much different top FCD team. Many on FCD wanted tryouts, not handouts. Believe it or not, yes, coach Bobby Rhine made it VERY difficult for some to leave. The sad part is seeing all these parents sign up for Bobby and you never see him at the games. I am really starting to doubt anything that FCD promises the players.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 10/2/2009, 11:16 am

plantit wrote:
Axxman wrote:
plantit wrote:
Axxman wrote:
Eight-Ball wrote:
Better than a party boy who is more concerned w/ who he beds next and when the next happy hour is.. You talk smack but cannot deny figo is one of the hardest working coaches out there. See ya in a couple of years when our tournament expierence is 2 to 1 vs yours.
When will you figure it out Josema gets the top andro team handed to him . Just like Diego use to and Hassan does now.Your 3 best players Ngon trained. Unlike you I will give josema credit where credit is due , he is a very good coach. But take the best 11 fcdallas 99 players and andro wouldn't stand a chance. You will see in a few years when you are still suckin the tit and getting beat by the jrs 6-0.

Btw 97's cinderalla ??? pulezz. don't get out much do ya?.How long has Josema had that 97 team ? 3 years and they've gone from 4th 0r 5th to 4th or 5th. Think Figo went from 18th to 4th . Keep bongin the weed josema's selling. What about the 96 that plays for the national team????? Or the 2 other 96s that play on the top solar team. or the 3- 95s that now play on the Jrs that btw smash andro on a regular basis. You smoke dirt weed , I smoke Hydro. To each his own.
Figo has to work hard, has no choice. It's like the kid in school that has to study his ass off to get a B, and the guy who just has it, soaks it in during school, and Aces the test without studying. What the hell his party habits have to do with his coaching ability is beyond me, sounds to me like you are jealous, Figo certainly is. And besides, I'm not making this a Figo vs. Josema ordeal and could care less. But while you're at it, why don't you ask your boy who really got his bb to where he's at but got back-stabbed in the process. I'm living in the now and preparing my bb for the future, whether that's in soccer or not. You are simply living a dream.
Will not argue with you over this cause there's no point. I'll smoke my stuff and you yours, doesn't change the fact that you're an idiot in your own dreamland.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 10/2/2009, 4:34 pm

FCDallas, at least in the 99 group has been run very poorly. Three teams in d1, two of which has no chance to stay in d1 and the other(SUAREZ) is the reason for all the problems. They were the top dog when they were babies and didn't allow any growth(new and better players ect...). I don't know how they run their ship but I will say if it continues like the the current bullshit, all the top players will get sick of it and leave ASAP.
Their program seems to have alot of hard-headed coaches who want to be the man and are not putting the kids first!

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tequilapark 10/2/2009, 4:45 pm

CLUB31 wrote:FCDallas, at least in the 99 group has been run very poorly. Three teams in d1, two of which has no chance to stay in d1 and the other(SUAREZ) is the reason for all the problems. They were the top dog when they were babies and didn't allow any growth(new and better players ect...). I don't know how they run their ship but I will say if it continues like the the current bullshit, all the top players will get sick of it and leave ASAP.
Their program seems to have alot of hard-headed coaches who want to be the man and are not putting the kids first!
It amazes me how many people come to this forum to talk crap about other teams and clearly dont know anything about soccer or the actual teams and coaches they are putting down.

First you writte "the FC Dallas 99 group is run very poorly" and then you go on to say "I dont know how they run their ship", so what is it then?
Tequilapark
Tequilapark
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 10/2/2009, 4:50 pm

CLUB31 wrote:FCDallas, at least in the 99 group has been run very poorly. Three teams in d1, two of which has no chance to stay in d1 and the other(SUAREZ) is the reason for all the problems. They were the top dog when they were babies and didn't allow any growth(new and better players ect...). I don't know how they run their ship but I will say if it continues like the the current bullshit, all the top players will get sick of it and leave ASAP.

Please explain to me how one team is the problem for the others 99 D1 after 3 Weeks? - Page 4 Icon_question
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by afrankw 10/2/2009, 5:10 pm

FC Dallas has four teams in D1 and Two teams in D2, that's 20% of the teams in Classic are from FC Dallas. So I am not sure how you can say the run such a poor organization. The fact that Coach Suarez keeps the same players to me is a positive as he is looking out for the boys and not trading them in when someone better comes along. Maybe the goal at this age for FC Dallas is not to have one or two super team. I don't know Coach Suarez, however if he is keeping the same boys year in and year out, he can't be that bad of coach.
afrankw
afrankw
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 99srule 10/2/2009, 5:31 pm

afrankw wrote:

FC Dallas has four teams in D1 and Two teams in D2, that's 20% of the teams in Classic are from FC Dallas. So I am not sure how you can say the run such a poor organization. The fact that Coach Suarez keeps the same players to me is a positive as he is looking out for the boys and not trading them in when someone better comes along. Maybe the goal at this age for FC Dallas is not to have one or two super team. I don't know Coach Suarez, however if he is keeping the same boys year in and year out, he can't be that bad of coach.
coach is weak and parents of the players call the shots and didn't want to consolidate

99srule
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tequilapark 10/2/2009, 5:49 pm

99srule wrote:
afrankw wrote:

coach is weak and parents of the players call the shots and didn't want to consolidate
Coach is not weak, he has two D1 teams currently a 97 and a 99, both very good teams, he also has an 01 team.

I dont know all his 99 parents, but the ones I do know are very nice and the type of parents one wants on a team, and yes, they did not want to change coaches when they went select, because they wanted Suarez to stay as their coach, and I dont believe they stayed because he is a weak coach or do you think they did?

Just because you did not fit in, does not make him a bad coach.
Tequilapark
Tequilapark
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 99srule 10/2/2009, 6:08 pm

Tequilapark wrote:
99srule wrote:
afrankw wrote:

Coach is not weak, he has two D1 teams currently a 97 and a 99, both very good teams, he also has an 01 team.

I dont know all his 99 parents, but the ones I do know are very nice and the type of parents one wants on a team, and yes, they did not want to change coaches when they went select, because they wanted Suarez to stay as their coach, and I dont believe they stayed because he is a weak coach or do you think they did?

parents in control like you just said.

99srule
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 10/2/2009, 8:10 pm

99srule wrote:
Tequilapark wrote:
99srule wrote:
afrankw wrote:

Sounds like a players coach to me. Parents are just midmanagement. So you would rather have a coach that would cut your bb as soon as he finds a better player?
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/2/2009, 8:24 pm

not touching that one, but there are problems in the way the 99 group was run. Many decisions were made and not necessarily in the best interest of all the boys.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 10/2/2009, 10:58 pm

99srule wrote:
Tequilapark wrote:
99srule wrote:
afrankw wrote:

They ( THE PARENTS ) usally are .. They have to do the driving , they have to adjust their schedules , they have to allow for other siblings , they pay the money, they are the guardians. Ever THINK that mabey these variables play a part in a parents decision on where jr is gonna play and for whom. Or is winning and the top team what drives your boat.?
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Eight-Ball 10/3/2009, 9:52 am

go99 wrote:not touching that one, but there are problems in the way the 99 group was run. Many decisions were made and not necessarily in the best interest of all the boys.
Sounds like sour grapes from some of the parents... need to get over it and move on. Enjoy the fall and spring seasons and make a different choice next June if your unhappy.

Eight-Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/3/2009, 11:53 am

no sour grapes and everyone has moved on. Quite happy were my bb is and others just left the club which was sad to see. If FCD wants to make a professional club with a world class youth system that can send players around the world, they will have to change the way they run things. It can't be about the coaches, or the parents. It has to be all about the soccer.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by slidetackle 10/3/2009, 12:23 pm

I'm sure Suarez is a nice guy, but is he letting the parents push him around? From what I've seen, they need to pass and quit chasing the ball and that's up to the coach to correct. Too afraid to bench a superstar b/c mommie and daddy might get mad and take little Johnny off the team. That's letting the parents run the show.

slidetackle
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Eight-Ball 10/3/2009, 1:38 pm

My guess is FCD will win both of their games this weekend and then everyone will have to find a different team to kick-around next week! Wonder who it wil be......

Eight-Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/3/2009, 4:01 pm

I definately have them picked to win both. Even with the injuries I think they will pull it off
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 10/3/2009, 6:27 pm

• FCD Suarez, 2, Gunners 1
  • Barcelona 3, Atletico  1
  • Comets 2, Chivas 1
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

99 D1 after 3 Weeks? - Page 4 Empty 99 D1 scores from 10-3

Post by crzysocmom 10/3/2009, 6:56 pm

Texans Connell & ASG North 1-1

crzysocmom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 10/3/2009, 7:43 pm

Craft 3 - fcd gold 0
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next