Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

99 D1 after 3 Weeks? - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

99 D1 after 3 Weeks?

+22
afrankw
True10
Ibra
arsenalfan
ontherightside
slidetackle
99n01
hookem
Soccerballs
plantit
go99
ball-coise is mhath
Tequilapark
Eight-Ball
indyfc
socmom3
Speedy Gonzales
Ibystander
CLUB31
99srule
omega striker
Axxman
26 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

99 D1 after 3 Weeks? - Page 2 Empty Re: 99 D1 after 3 Weeks?

Post by Speedy Gonzales 9/30/2009, 5:00 pm

go99 wrote:I am saying that there are plenty of games left and my bb has no intentions of letting his team fall to D3 or even D2. Next season will come and then we will decide from there. The main point is it is not about the team it is about the player. I like his team in D1 now because it has forced him to always work hard and push himself. MY bb is not FCD blue for life, he wants to go on to bigger and better things. Only your talent, hard work, and perseverance can get you there. You club, team, coach, and mommy and daddy cannot. Being on a top team is not always the best thing for a kids developement. I made a choice to put him where he is because of good coaching and so far I still think I was right. BTW many didn't think they would qualify D1 and here they are. It's up to the boys on the team to determine where they stay.
"Best laid plans of mice and men . . ." Not sure your bb, or anyone else for that matter, can stop that train--it's got a full head of steam and is barrelling down the track to D3. Good luck anyway. Maybe they'll turn things around soon. I really do wish you the best.

Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 9/30/2009, 5:06 pm

Yes maybe so but it will require that he works hard, does his absolute best and does not quit. In the end, that is the point. The D1, D2, and D3 spots belong to the clubs not to the kids (ask the kids who have been put off their top team in favor of better players). What he learns, the skills, grit, and toughness that he pics up are his to keep.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ball-coise is mhath 9/30/2009, 5:47 pm

Don't have a 99, but speaking from experience, the guy that carries the team, prevents it from dropping, all that stuff, is doing himself a disservice. Kids that play on a team largely below their skill and apptitude tend to start compensating and changing how they play. They lose a step in their development, often moving backwards, and then need good well structured training with a more solid team to get back to where they should be. If they are truly gifted, it stunts their development
ball-coise is mhath
ball-coise is mhath
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 9/30/2009, 7:56 pm

that largley depends on the coaching.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Eight-Ball 9/30/2009, 9:50 pm

ball-coise is mhath wrote:Don't have a 99, but speaking from experience, the guy that carries the team, prevents it from dropping, all that stuff, is doing himself a disservice. Kids that play on a team largely below their skill and apptitude tend to start compensating and changing how they play. They lose a step in their development, often moving backwards, and then need good well structured training with a more solid team to get back to where they should be. If they are truly gifted, it stunts their development
I agree 100%. Good players need to play with and against other good players to improve. Regardless of what go99 thinks, soccer is a team sport and learning to play as part of a team is very important. In addition, thinking one player is going to keep a team in D1 vs D3 is a bit silly, or arrogant, or both.

Eight-Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 9/30/2009, 10:37 pm

I don't actually think he will keep them up but I know he will do his best to try. Playing with the best players will not make you good. One of the best players from the texans 96 team did not come from a top team. One of the other top texan teams just moved several players up from one of it's lower teams. The Texans have a history of moving players onto it's top teams in later years as players from the top team are moved off.
Soccer is a team sport, but it is also one made up of talented individuals and most importantly it is a highly skilled sport. Craft 99 is not winning because they have a superior team concept. They have more talented individuals than the other teams and the other players are not as far down as some of the other teams.
See how much your team sport and no individual skill carries you when you step into an AL team tryout by yourself to compete for a spot against kids who are just better players. Look at the FCD jrs, U14 squad just came together with individuals and are already beating older squads that have been together as a team for years.
regardless of what any of us "say", if the team is so important then why is everyone putting together super teams and looking for talented players? Why did texans combine top players? What's all the recruiting for? Why not just take the same team that played together since they were kids, because the the team is what mattered right? Tell it to the kid that was at all the Dynamo/texan practices and not playing with craft now.
I'll end here. You also seem to miss something from ball-coise's post "They lose a step in their development, often moving backwards, and then need good well structured training with a more solid team to get back to where they should be. If they are truly gifted, it stunts their development.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 9/30/2009, 11:11 pm

Eight-Ball wrote:
ball-coise is mhath wrote:Don't have a 99, but speaking from experience, the guy that carries the team, prevents it from dropping, all that stuff, is doing himself a disservice. Kids that play on a team largely below their skill and apptitude tend to start compensating and changing how they play. They lose a step in their development, often moving backwards, and then need good well structured training with a more solid team to get back to where they should be. If they are truly gifted, it stunts their development
I agree 100%. Good players need to play with and against other good players to improve. Regardless of what go99 thinks, soccer is a team sport and learning to play as part of a team is very important. In addition, thinking one player is going to keep a team in D1 vs D3 is a bit silly, or arrogant, or both.
Did ya ever stop to look at it this way? Mabey a player like go 99s or mine for that matter ,that get the crap kicked out of them and are constantly on the defensive, may end up being some of the best defenders and 2 way players (kind of how soccer morphs at the older ages ) out there.

In the older div the defenders score on par with forwards cause the game becomes motions within formations . Not kick it to the fast big kid . Your kids must be able to do it all. Vision ,touch, anticipating the game , reading the game, ,ect,ect

Thinking this team or that is the bomb is a narrow minded approach . Who cares , everything will change . The way the game is played will change . The players will change. Top teams will change .
Look at 97 tex red and the 2 solars they were dominate @ u-11. Now they are made to look silly against players that can really play the game .Example,, gold compleated 12-15 passes in a row @ the 18 before pulling a shot wide against dtr. they had no clue where the ball was going . Thats when soccer truly becomes beautiful, and you see who can truly play.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 9/30/2009, 11:17 pm

That 97 team is fun to watch. Not playing on a top team at 10 didn't seem to hurt their development all that much. BTW how many people were screaming "shoot it" while they passed the ball around. Americans usually like to see a shot the second a ball comes anywhere near 30 to 35 yds out.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 9/30/2009, 11:28 pm

go99 wrote:That 97 team is fun to watch. Not playing on a top team at 10 didn't seem to hurt their development all that much. BTW how many people were screaming "shoot it" while they passed the ball around. Americans usually like to see a shot the second a ball comes anywhere near 30 to 35 yds out.

NO ONE!!! It was to much fun watching it unfold . Inside , back , short chip, pull back , reverse ,switch sides , back, dribble , back, flip, back , back inside ,"no don't like that shot " back out , play it through shut down , back out. It was a clinic. Think the stopper took the shot .

Whats funny is this team even played in the dreaded d-2 last year . You know the league where all the players suck and otta just go ahead and quit. Newbies are comical but I love their enthusiasm.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Eight-Ball 10/1/2009, 6:24 am

go99 wrote:I don't actually think he will keep them up but I know he will do his best to try. Playing with the best players will not make you good. One of the best players from the texans 96 team did not come from a top team. One of the other top texan teams just moved several players up from one of it's lower teams. The Texans have a history of moving players onto it's top teams in later years as players from the top team are moved off.
Soccer is a team sport, but it is also one made up of talented individuals and most importantly it is a highly skilled sport. Craft 99 is not winning because they have a superior team concept. They have more talented individuals than the other teams and the other players are not as far down as some of the other teams.
See how much your team sport and no individual skill carries you when you step into an AL team tryout by yourself to compete for a spot against kids who are just better players. Look at the FCD jrs, U14 squad just came together with individuals and are already beating older squads that have been together as a team for years.
regardless of what any of us "say", if the team is so important then why is everyone putting together super teams and looking for talented players? Why did texans combine top players? What's all the recruiting for? Why not just take the same team that played together since they were kids, because the the team is what mattered right? Tell it to the kid that was at all the Dynamo/texan practices and not playing with craft now.
I'll end here. You also seem to miss something from ball-coise's post "They lose a step in their development, often moving backwards, and then need good well structured training with a more solid team to get back to where they should be. If they are truly gifted, it stunts their development.
I think what I said was playing with good players makes other good players better... I never stated that just playing with good players will make you good - two very different things. The point was the player that is carrying their team can be hurting their own long term development. And yes, soccer is a sport of highly skilled invividuals that play as a team.

Eight-Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerballs 10/1/2009, 8:16 am

I agree with your statements re: 99's & although the u14 fcd team is great they have only played one of the top 5 teams in D1 & lost 4-1 to that team lets see how they do against the top tier teams in D1.

Soccerballs
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/1/2009, 8:23 am

really? Because the classic league has them listed with 3 wins and 1 loss. Lost the first and won the next 3. Beat the top FCD team by 1 point. Then 5-0, 6-0. So guess we will see how they are doing. 99 D1 after 3 Weeks? - Page 2 Icon_eek
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerballs 10/1/2009, 8:28 am

99 D1 after 3 Weeks? - Page 2 Transparent

8/22/2009

99 D1 after 3 Weeks? - Page 2 Transparent
Boys U15 D1
GameTimeHome TeamAway TeamLocation99 D1 after 3 Weeks? - Page 2 CornerCHOPtop
#004 8:00 AMCD INDEPENDIENTE 95B (RADILLA) (PL)4FC DALLAS YOUTH 95B JUNIORS (FERUZZI)1Richland #04
8/29/2009
#007 2:00 PMFC DALLAS YOUTH 95B JUNIORS (FERUZZI)4FC DALLAS YOUTH 95B (FERRETTI)3Richland #08
8/30/2009
#012 12:00 PMCOMETS 95B BLUE (BERTL)0FC DALLAS YOUTH 95B JUNIORS (FERUZZI)5Richland #10
9/26/2009
#028 1:00 PMFORT WORTH FC 95B WHITE (GUENDOUZI)0FC DALLAS YOUTH 95B JUNIORS (FERUZZI)6Richland #06
See above CDI is a top 5 team they lost 4-1, FCD ferreti is a good team but not top 5, FWFC just moved up from D2 as did Comets, again good team but they have a long season ahead of them. This weekend will be a good test for them.

Soccerballs
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/1/2009, 8:31 am

I think they will do well this year, and this is with them playing up 1yr. I think the only thing that could slow them down is moving some of the top players to the u16 squad.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 10/1/2009, 8:50 am

go99 wrote:that largley depends on the coaching.
You guys have tough skin. I'd raise hell by now if the coach missed my bb's first three D1 games and whole tournament!
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/1/2009, 9:09 am

I am a little disappointed at the worst. Practice is were you learn. Games are to apply what you learn and for the kids to have fun. The most dissappointing part is I think it may help the practices to see what they did well and what they need to work on. The assistant is better and more qualified than many teams head coach so he is more than capable. Communication is good but nothing can replace seeing things first hand. Guess the main reason it doesn't bother me is that I don't really care if they win or not. BB has had some very good games and my bigger concern is he is bored on sundays when we don't have games.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 10/1/2009, 9:14 am

go99 wrote:I am a little disappointed at the worst. Practice is were you learn. Games are to apply what you learn and for the kids to have fun. The most dissappointing part is I think it may help the practices to see what they did well and what they need to work on. The assistant is better and more qualified than many teams head coach so he is more than capable. Communication is good but nothing can replace seeing things first hand. Guess the main reason it doesn't bother me is that I don't really care if they win or not. BB has had some very good games and my bigger concern is he is bored on sundays when we don't have games.
knucklehead, I keep inviting you guys over on Sundays for bbq and soccer!
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/1/2009, 9:15 am

anytime. we are always game for both
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 10/1/2009, 11:19 am

Eight-Ball wrote:
go99 wrote:I don't actually think he will keep them up but I know he will do his best to try. Playing with the best players will not make you good. One of the best players from the texans 96 team did not come from a top team. One of the other top texan teams just moved several players up from one of it's lower teams. The Texans have a history of moving players onto it's top teams in later years as players from the top team are moved off.
I think what I said was playing with good players makes other good players better... I never stated that just playing with good players will make you good - two very different things. The point was the player that is carrying their team can be hurting their own long term development. And yes, soccer is a sport of highly skilled invividuals that play as a team.
I have to agree with eight-ball here, regardless of what Plantit or GO say or better yet, are wishing will happen in the future. If you had your choice and assuming your bb is good enough, would you rather play on a team with equal or better players and against the same, or on a lesser team where your bb is the one carrying the team consistantly? The answer would be an easy one for me, and I have seen it on many of occasion where the kid that had the skills didn't develop like he should have by staying on a crappy team, regardless of the coach. Many of these coaches and clubs have selfish reasons for keeping your kids and promising you the future. And one good example is Figo, don't care how much Plantit loves the guy.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 10/1/2009, 11:23 am

Speedy Gonzales wrote:
Axxman wrote:Not really going by the snapshot of the results to date, but more so by what I've seen of the teams and their play. Not really fair to say that Solar and Solar Red would be out (although I see your point) because look at whom they've played. The only real hiccup Solar had was their first week against CCO, but a tie against Solar Red and a loss against the Texans certainly makes things a little clearer.
Oh, Great One: Have you really seen all 20 play this season? If so, you spend way too much time at Richland and PHP watching games not involving your own child. If not, it's difficult for me to understand how you make these predictions. Why don't you enlighten us with your fully objective analysis of all 20 teams based on what you've actually seen rather than spewing forth biased unsupported predictions. Again, I'm not saying you're wrong ultimately at the end of 19 games but I just don't think 3 games is enough for anyone to say with any degree of certainty or credibility.

Between qualifying, tournaments, and 3 weeks of classic (including dreaded field marshalling), I have seen what I need to see to make my predictions. Why don't you print my list and keep it around until the end of the season and tell me what you think then. Then maybe your "Great One" comment will not be a sarcastic one.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 10/1/2009, 11:31 am

go99 wrote:Yes maybe so but it will require that he works hard, does his absolute best and does not quit. In the end, that is the point. The D1, D2, and D3 spots belong to the clubs not to the kids (ask the kids who have been put off their top team in favor of better players). What he learns, the skills, grit, and toughness that he pics up are his to keep.
Have to disagree with you here as well GO. The spots do not belong to the clubs, they belong to the kids. If a team earns a certain spot, they have to have a certain amount of the kids returning (usually the majority of the core kids) or else the spot is lost, regardless of what club has it. If a kid is replaced by a better player on a top team or whatever, so be it, that is called life and the way things should work in a competitive environment. You wouldn't expect differently would ya?

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/1/2009, 11:51 am

I would rather have a good coach regardless of the team. I suspect you would rather have the good team so you can win. We all have the ego and everybody wants to win, but as i pour over the information coming out about youth soccer development I see a consistant them. Youth developmental soccer is not the same as pro soccer. Pro's the team comes first and youth development the child's development has to come before the team. The ODP information is based intirely on individual skills and tactical awarness is the closest they come at all to any team concept.
Oh BTW that is how FCD put the juniors team into one of it's D1 spots with all new players and coach. What you are speaking of is the minimum for a coach to take his CL spot from a club. The club has not such limitations on the kids or coach. I love the competative envornment, my only point is that it is competative on the individual level not the team one. Focus less on your team and your wins, and focus more on what you learn, what you accomplish, your skills. Eventually no one cares about the color of your jersey, only the content of the player.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by hookem 10/1/2009, 12:13 pm

go99 wrote:I would rather have a good coach regardless of the team. I suspect you would rather have the good team so you can win. We all have the ego and everybody wants to win, but as i pour over the information coming out about youth soccer development I see a consistant them. Youth developmental soccer is not the same as pro soccer. Pro's the team comes first and youth development the child's development has to come before the team. The ODP information is based intirely on individual skills and tactical awarness is the closest they come at all to any team concept.
Oh BTW that is how FCD put the juniors team into one of it's D1 spots with all new players and coach. What you are speaking of is the minimum for a coach to take his CL spot from a club. The club has not such limitations on the kids or coach. I love the competative envornment, my only point is that it is competative on the individual level not the team one. Focus less on your team and your wins, and focus more on what you learn, what you accomplish, your skills. Eventually no one cares about the color of your jersey, only the content of the player.
Developmet for what though? A very small portion of the kids playing D1 in u11 will play after HS. Some after HS will get a scholarship offer to some tiny school on the East Coast, but most if they play soccer after HS will play rec. soccer with organizations like NTPSA after going to college etc. Most of these kids have the next 7 years to play soccer and that is it. To add, many of the atheletes making up the teams now will not even by playing soccer after the age of 14. They will move to football, basketball etc. which are far more popular because they are school sports, and well, because it is football.
Soccer takes individual skill yes, but it is a team game. If a bb is on a team getting its azz kicked on a weekly basis, they will lose their love for the game to some degree. I believe you get better by playing the best and practicing with the best. The coaching can only go so far.

I see you preach developement, but what exactly are developing for? Kids at age 11 are not concerned about what they will be doing in HS much less what they will be doing after, they are 10-11. They want to compete and win. It is the parents that have grand dreams for their kids which more than likely will not happen. I know too many parents that are setting themselves up for disappointment.
hookem
hookem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 10/1/2009, 12:16 pm

go99 wrote:I would rather have a good coach regardless of the team. I suspect you would rather have the good team so you can win. We all have the ego and everybody wants to win, but as i pour over the information coming out about youth soccer development I see a consistant them. Youth developmental soccer is not the same as pro soccer. Pro's the team comes first and youth development the child's development has to come before the team. The ODP information is based intirely on individual skills and tactical awarness is the closest they come at all to any team concept.
Your suspicions are incorrect, it's not that I'm after simply being on a good team just for the wins. If that's what I wanted perhaps we would have tried out for the Texans knowing that right now they are the best team. I am all for my bb developing and accomplishing great things, but it will take a combination of a good coach, being surrounded by good talent and competition. I don't care how great the coach is, if you place him on a team where his peers are not as good, he will potentially not develop like he could have. And it's not about the wins to me, but if you lose the majority of the time and depending on the character personality of your bb, it may not be the greatest environment for development. I sure would rather be on a team that wins more than it loses, and has something to work for in order to become better.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

99 D1 after 3 Weeks? - Page 2 Empty end of season numbers

Post by 99n01 10/1/2009, 12:18 pm

my bb will be happy in d1-d3.... however, I must admit I would like to stay in d1 or d2..... does anyone know what the point breakout was last season's U11 (98s)... D1 split?
99n01
99n01
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 10/1/2009, 12:32 pm

99n01 wrote:my bb will be happy in d1-d3.... however, I must admit I would like to stay in d1 or d2..... does anyone know what the point breakout was last season's U11 (98s)... D1 split?
Like the screename, perhaps mine should be 94n99n03nDone!
In my experience, I would rather be in the middle to top of the pack in lieu of being toward the bottom, regardless of the division. Not sure what your situation is, but I personally would rather be near the top of D2, or D3, than being at the bottom of D1. I think it provides an environment of confidence for your bb where he can grow and have something to shoot for (ie. making D2 or D1). Usually in D1 there is one team that is superior, the next four or so are competitive, and the others get beat week after week.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next