Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

99 D1 after 3 Weeks? - Page 6 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

99 D1 after 3 Weeks?

+22
afrankw
True10
Ibra
arsenalfan
ontherightside
slidetackle
99n01
hookem
Soccerballs
plantit
go99
ball-coise is mhath
Tequilapark
Eight-Ball
indyfc
socmom3
Speedy Gonzales
Ibystander
CLUB31
99srule
omega striker
Axxman
26 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

99 D1 after 3 Weeks? - Page 6 Empty Re: 99 D1 after 3 Weeks?

Post by CLUB31 10/5/2009, 11:58 am

One thing is for sure. Solar(RED) has some talented players that their coach needs to find a way for them to get the ball in the net. They are to good to be putting up zero's. I am not sure of the talent level of Solar(Crawford). Are they as good as Red?

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 10/5/2009, 12:10 pm

CLUB31 wrote:One thing is for sure. Solar(RED) has some talented players that their coach needs to find a way for them to get the ball in the net. They are to good to be putting up zero's. I am not sure of the talent level of Solar(Crawford). Are they as good as Red?
IMO, Solar is more physical and faster than Red, but does not have the soccer skills that Red has. That's why when the match ups are right, they can give other teams heartaches, but in the end, soccer skills should win out.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by dudemon 10/5/2009, 9:47 pm

My son's team (CCO) has played both Solar and Solar Red. Solar Red is light years ahead of Solar in terms of soccer skill and intensity. Our team matched up well against Solar, but was totally outgunned against Solar Red. Granted, we had some players ill with the flu, but I doubt anything would have changed. We did play a better 2nd half against Solar Red, but they are simply more talented than we are from top to bottom.

dudemon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/6/2009, 8:01 am

Thank you ! I can't believe some people are still trying to compare solar red and solar. Solar red has 2 incredible players in the middle that makes a a good soccer team. As far as I can tell right now Solar doesn't have any. No matter the scores Solar red is way better...

Back to top Go down

Post by 99dad 10/6/2009, 9:16 am

Have not seen Solar play however have seen Red. Red has a very nice game and was dominating in academy. It seems now like everyone said they just don't have enough speed. We are still playing long ball here in North Texas and with addition to some fast forwards to this team they will be on top for sure. With the way there mid plays if they had some forwards to make the run then they could get something in the net.

99dad
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 10/6/2009, 9:23 am

99dad wrote:Have not seen Solar play however have seen Red. Red has a very nice game and was dominating in academy. It seems now like everyone said they just don't have enough speed. We are still playing long ball here in North Texas and with addition to some fast forwards to this team they will be on top for sure. With the way there mid plays if they had some forwards to make the run then they could get something in the net.
Duh...that can apply to every team. Let's add some fast forwards and we'll find the net Wink
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 10/6/2009, 9:56 am

Ibystander wrote:
99dad wrote:Have not seen Solar play however have seen Red. Red has a very nice game and was dominating in academy. It seems now like everyone said they just don't have enough speed. We are still playing long ball here in North Texas and with addition to some fast forwards to this team they will be on top for sure. With the way there mid plays if they had some forwards to make the run then they could get something in the net.
Duh...that can apply to every team. Let's add some fast forwards and we'll find the net 99 D1 after 3 Weeks? - Page 6 Icon_wink

Give it year or two and fast forwards do not equal goals. You will definitiely need more than speed.
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 10/6/2009, 10:03 am

True10 wrote:
Ibystander wrote:
Duh...that can apply to every team. Let's add some fast forwards and we'll find the net 99 D1 after 3 Weeks? - Page 6 Icon_wink

Give it year or two and fast forwards do not equal goals. You will definitiely need more than speed.
Actually, it's already the case. Many a team have fast forwards who cannot finish. That's why we have skills training on top of practice. Pay a little more now, get a lot in the long run. If not, bb will be reimbursing us when he becomes a brain surgeon.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 10/6/2009, 10:30 am

Ibystander wrote:
True10 wrote:
Ibystander wrote:

Actually, it's already the case. Many a team have fast forwards who cannot finish. That's why we have skills training on top of practice. Pay a little more now, get a lot in the long run. If not, bb will be reimbursing us when he becomes a brain surgeon.
How is that, will you be his first patient?

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 10/6/2009, 11:05 am

Is Solar considered the Solar(club) #2 team. I don't understand how all the clubs work in their distribution of talent. I am sure it is different for every club on how and to what degree they make their teams competative.

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 10/6/2009, 2:32 pm

CLUB31 wrote:Is Solar considered the Solar(club) #2 team. I don't understand how all the clubs work in their distribution of talent. I am sure it is different for every club on how and to what degree they make their teams competative.
Solar and the Texans are two clubs that seem to have a special arrangement in which they have teams that are associated with the club, but are not really part of the club. I'm not certain how it works, but in either case, they are not really seen as #1 or #2 or so on. They are completely separate for the most part. In fact Solar Red is from the Arlington area and practices far from Solar. Similar case with Texans and Texans South. They don't interchange players, practice together, etc. There must be something in it for both sides I'm sure.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by socmom3 10/6/2009, 2:39 pm

Axxman wrote:
CLUB31 wrote:Is Solar considered the Solar(club) #2 team. I don't understand how all the clubs work in their distribution of talent. I am sure it is different for every club on how and to what degree they make their teams competative.
Solar and the Texans are two clubs that seem to have a special arrangement in which they have teams that are associated with the club, but are not really part of the club. I'm not certain how it works, but in either case, they are not really seen as #1 or #2 or so on. They are completely separate for the most part. In fact Solar Red is from the Arlington area and practices far from Solar. Similar case with Texans and Texans South. They don't interchange players, practice together, etc. There must be something in it for both sides I'm sure.

$$ ...just a hunch 99 D1 after 3 Weeks? - Page 6 Icon_wink

99 D1 after 3 Weeks? - Page 6 Moz-screenshot-499 D1 after 3 Weeks? - Page 6 Moz-screenshot-5
socmom3
socmom3
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 10/6/2009, 2:53 pm

socmom3 wrote:
Axxman wrote:

99 D1 after 3 Weeks? - Page 6 Moz-screenshot-499 D1 after 3 Weeks? - Page 6 Moz-screenshot-5
Yeah, but $$$ for who and why? With no disrespect intended, my guess is that not all kids on Solar Red or DTS for instance are paying much more than uniform and league fees. Perhaps they are and I'm making an incorrect assumption. Don't know.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by socmom3 10/6/2009, 3:02 pm

Axxman wrote:
socmom3 wrote:
Axxman wrote:

Yeah, but $$$ for who and why? With no disrespect intended, my guess is that not all kids on Solar Red or DTS for instance are paying much more than uniform and league fees. Perhaps they are and I'm making an incorrect assumption. Don't know.
You're probably close with those assumptions....don't know for sure either. I know in the older age groups a few key players from those teams have made their way to the Dallas-based teams and strengthened them. Keeping talented players under the same club name could be a long-term goal.
socmom3
socmom3
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 10/6/2009, 4:46 pm

Axxman wrote:
Ibystander wrote:
True10 wrote:
Ibystander wrote:

How is that, will you be his first patient?
Nope. My brain functions fine after 10 am. 99 D1 after 3 Weeks? - Page 6 Drunken_smilie
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 99dad 10/6/2009, 10:14 pm

True10 wrote:
Ibystander wrote:

exactly what I am saying they are playing ahead of the current time. Right now they need the speed to score and win. U11 pretty much still kick and run. Now on the smaller field in academy they were very good could control the small field.U11 need both to win need control and the kick and run game.

99dad
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/7/2009, 12:57 am

maybe we could all just stop kicking and running? 99 D1 after 3 Weeks? - Page 6 Kopfschuettel Nah winning is more important
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 10/7/2009, 5:25 am

Speed is important at all levels of soccer. The top 10 d1 teams this year and through u17 have plenty of speed. Most importantly on defense where the lack of speed will get you beat. Speed is pretty much equal on most of the top teams.
Also, I have watched plenty of soccer in the Champios League and I believe speed wins often there too. If you can't run you can't play soccer. There are plenty of goals that happen with the big boys off long passes and making a long run. Those type and set plays have always been a large % of goals in soccer. You win soccer games with good defense and if you don't have speed on defense you will get beat in any soccer league.

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/7/2009, 11:00 am

For the Texans I think it is just a location issue. They are building teams in the south and in the north area of dallas. I know I wouldn't drive 1 hour each way to bring my kid to a practice. It has to be convenient...Especially with my 3 kids all playing soccer. That's a lot of practices each week (except now, stupid weather)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6