Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

99 Who will make D1 ? - Page 7 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

99 Who will make D1 ?

+17
arsenalfan
wbgbpfan
happyfeet
rantnrave
omega striker
Texas101
Ibystander
socmom3
Speedy Gonzales
Eight-Ball
plantit
dudemon
go99
ontherightside
CLUB31
ph223048
Axxman
21 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

99 Who will make D1 ? - Page 7 Empty Re: 99 Who will make D1 ?

Post by go99 12/1/2009, 11:32 am

I am going to qualify this by saying I am bias. Like the solar team, but istead of just looking at the goals scored what about the goals against. The most goals given up is 2 and that was against craft. Moving on to D1 will be about winning games not how many goals you can score. They are a difficult team to score on which always puts them in a position to win games. I expect they will be in D1 along with solar red (as long as they stop pulling a FWFC on me)

go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 12/1/2009, 11:53 am

dudemon wrote:I would agree that the number of goals scored has some prognostic value, but that should be interpreted in the context of the strength of schedule at this point in the season. For intance, Solar Crawford has a low numbers of goals at 13. Other teams have a similar number of goals scored, but in many cases their schedules have been more difficult to this point. Examples: CCO has scored the 9th most goals, but has had the 3rd most difficult schedule to this point. Solar Crawford has played the 13th most difficult schedule AND has scored the 13th most goals. THAT is a bad combination.
Another example is that CCO has given up 18 goals while solar has only given up 5. They are under pressure to score 13 more goals than solar just to stay even
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 12/1/2009, 12:09 pm

gababa wrote:For ASG good coaching/developing help and I believe they will make D1. I think top 4 will stay the same and then in no particular order (there is no telling) we will haveComets
Solar Red
Chivas
Solar
Barca
ASG (I basically got rid of the teams with negative goal differential, D1 teams should have more goals scored than goals taken...)
Ok, lets assume again that 30 points is the magic number and take ASG as an example. I predict the following;
DT - Loss
DTS - Loss
FCD Suarez - Loss
Solar Red - Lets say win for kicks 3 points
Solar - Tie, for the sake of consistency. 1 point
Barcelona - Lets say win to get smurf going. 3 points
Atletico - Win 3 points
FCD South - Lets say Win 3 points
FCD Blue - Win 3 points
If my math is correct, that totals 16 points, which added to their current 11, makes a total of 27. And that's if they pull of the wins. Sorry ami, ASG will not make D1.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 12/1/2009, 12:50 pm

Here is the eay I see it. Only four teams not in the top ten currently have a chance to break in the top ten this spring
FWFC- Has played 6 of the current top 10. However, I don't think they are consistant enough or have the defense to keep in those games whn you are hitting the crossbar.
Athletico- Has played 6 of the top ten. Possible but I just don't see it.
ASG- Have played only three of the current top ten. No CHANCE. REPEAT NO CHANCE. Try to keep your players and win D2 next year.
Gunners- Hate to say it of those four I give them the best shot. They have played 7 of the top ten teams already. If they go 6-3 that gives them 29 pts. However, due to the mentioned lack of offense you would expect a 0-0 or 1-1 tie at some point.
Conclusion-- I am sure some team is going to fall off out of the current top ten due to injury or something like that. But, I jsut don't see those thre teams(don't count ASG) as being talented enough to catch em.

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/1/2009, 2:38 pm

Ok Ok , I give up ASG won't make it. That's quite a surprise ! What do you think is the biggest surprise half way through ? Having Asg  in 13 ? Having 3 FCdallas teams  ranked 19, 18,17 with a total of 15 points for all 3 ? Having Comets in 5th ? Chivas in 7th ? Barcelona 10th ? What was the most unexpected since the qualifier ?

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 12/1/2009, 2:52 pm

Lol. I called the FCD thing. Honestly I though they would have another 2 teams in D1. Though they would all be in the bottom end of D1 and one maybe hanging on to the top 10 but barely. so not really a surprise. For me Barca has played much better than I expected and with no real personnel changes. Kudos to the coach I guess.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ontherightside 12/1/2009, 4:09 pm

I think a big surprise is Club Classic - a good surprise, but none the less a surprise.

ontherightside
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rantnrave 12/1/2009, 4:24 pm

go99 wrote:Lol. I called the FCD thing. Honestly I though they would have another 2 teams in D1. Though they would all be in the bottom end of D1 and one maybe hanging on to the top 10 but barely. so not really a surprise. For me Barca has played much better than I expected and with no real personnel changes. Kudos to the coach I guess.
go99,
I am almost never surprised by your anti FCD support. That is twice already today. Sorry you haven't done so well just yet. Time to let it go. Could it be jealousy or sour grapes? If you purge you might feel better.

rantnrave
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 12/1/2009, 4:36 pm

I also think it is CC based on their results leading up to Classic league. I have no clue what to expect out of them other than finishing 17th,18th and 19th. Comets and Barcelona both went into qualifying as non top ten teams. That being said the Gunners were placed in the top ten in qualifying which was probably a mistake to begin with....

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 12/1/2009, 4:37 pm

rantnrave wrote:
go99 wrote:Lol. I called the FCD thing. Honestly I though they would have another 2 teams in D1. Though they would all be in the bottom end of D1 and one maybe hanging on to the top 10 but barely. so not really a surprise. For me Barca has played much better than I expected and with no real personnel changes. Kudos to the coach I guess.
go99,
I am almost never surprised by your anti FCD support. That is twice already today. Sorry you haven't done so well just yet. Time to let it go. Could it be jealousy or sour grapes? If you purge you might feel better.
Can't say I blame him. FCD really screwed things up this year. Merry Christmas and Happy Valentine's Day! 99 Who will make D1 ? - Page 7 Icon_santa 99 Who will make D1 ? - Page 7 Icon_rendeer 99 Who will make D1 ? - Page 7 Icon_queen 99 Who will make D1 ? - Page 7 Icon_king
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 12/1/2009, 4:39 pm

rantnrave wrote:
go99,
lol. 99 Who will make D1 ? - Page 7 Icon_lol I'll give that a try. I'd say it is dissappointment with maybe a little sour grapes. thought FCD could have put 3 teams in D1 but they chose a different direction. Bad for the club, but I am sure you have a different spin for it. Was actually directed at a club not a particular team though. Guessing by the unquestioning loyalty and blind support, I know which team you are from. 99 Who will make D1 ? - Page 7 Icon_wink . There you go you have my reason what's your reason for the inability to handle any criticism at all?
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 12/1/2009, 4:42 pm

I will amend my statement. FCD has made no mistakes at all. Every decision has been on point and 100%. The results speak for themselves and who am I to question that.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by rantnrave 12/1/2009, 6:14 pm

go99 wrote:
rantnrave wrote:
go99,
lol. 99 Who will make D1 ? - Page 7 Icon_lol I'll give that a try. I'd say it is dissappointment with maybe a little sour grapes. thought FCD could have put 3 teams in D1 but they chose a different direction. Bad for the club, but I am sure you have a different spin for it. Was actually directed at a club not a particular team though. Guessing by the unquestioning loyalty and blind support, I know which team you are from. 99 Who will make D1 ? - Page 7 Icon_wink . There you go you have my reason what's your reason for the inability to handle any criticism at all?
go99,
I can handle most criticism; I just get the sense that there is almost glee in your fingers as you scale across the keyboard. Prior to signing, weren't choices available? If that was the case should the club absorb the blame?

rantnrave
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 12/1/2009, 8:16 pm

yes they were and I am quite happy with mine. Doesn't change the fact that the club made a few errors on their part. And yes there is a certain glee but that's always there. Call it a personality glitch. I will say this about FCD. They are both the best and worst club out there. Best because of the unique position, outlook and opportunities that the have. Worse, because the fail to live up to it. They should be a beacon of soccer developement and not just more of the same. I will also admit to a certain satisfaction about being right, but it is tempered by my broken heart 99 Who will make D1 ? - Page 7 Icon_sad 99 Who will make D1 ? - Page 7 Icon_cry
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by rantnrave 12/2/2009, 6:37 am

go99 wrote:yes they were and I am quite happy with mine. Doesn't change the fact that the club made a few errors on their part. And yes there is a certain glee but that's always there. Call it a personality glitch. I will say this about FCD. They are both the best and worst club out there. Best because of the unique position, outlook and opportunities that the have. Worse, because the fail to live up to it. They should be a beacon of soccer developement and not just more of the same. I will also admit to a certain satisfaction about being right, but it is tempered by my broken heart 99 Who will make D1 ? - Page 7 Icon_sad 99 Who will make D1 ? - Page 7 Icon_cry
go99,
This is a very good sign; you are on the road to recovery, (just kidding). It is early in your sons soccer carrer/development. He is a good player, will end up with an excellent Team as he has garnered the attention that should make your quest an easy one. Hang in there.

rantnrave
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dudemon 12/2/2009, 9:37 am

Many of the teams are stuck with "matchup" problems. Some teams do well against certain teams because they match up well. Others do poorly because of problems with the matchups. For instance, there are some fairly skillful teams who have trouble with teams who are less skilled but more athletic. Other teams have mental issues. I know that my bb's team seems to get psyched out against teams who they hear are ranked in the top 2-3 teams. It is a pyschological thing. Against those teams they play as though they are intimidated for a large portion of the first half, then they play even or better than the other team for the remainder of the game. The problem, of course, is that get too far behind in the beginning of the game. The problem with the Gunners IMO is that they are probably the team in D1 with the least focus on soccer, ie. they play multiple sports. Most teams have a handful or players playing multiple sports concurrently w/ soccer, but the coach makes it clear where the priority must be. Although it is although hearsay, I get the feeling that the Gunners have a little less focus on soccer than most other teams.

dudemon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 12/2/2009, 10:59 am

dudemon wrote:Many of the teams are stuck with "matchup" problems. Some teams do well against certain teams because they match up well. Others do poorly because of problems with the matchups. For instance, there are some fairly skillful teams who have trouble with teams who are less skilled but more athletic. Other teams have mental issues. I know that my bb's team seems to get psyched out against teams who they hear are ranked in the top 2-3 teams. It is a pyschological thing. Against those teams they play as though they are intimidated for a large portion of the first half, then they play even or better than the other team for the remainder of the game. The problem, of course, is that get too far behind in the beginning of the game. The problem with the Gunners IMO is that they are probably the team in D1 with the least focus on soccer, ie. they play multiple sports. Most teams have a handful or players playing multiple sports concurrently w/ soccer, but the coach makes it clear where the priority must be. Although it is although hearsay, I get the feeling that the Gunners have a little less focus on soccer than most other teams.
Ok, so what's your point exactly? What you are describing is the case for just about all sports at all levels.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by dudemon 12/2/2009, 5:28 pm

Axx, If you don't like my point...just move along, bro. Not sure why you feel you have to try to to challenge people so frequently. Are you compensating for something?

dudemon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 12/2/2009, 7:24 pm

dudemon wrote:Axx, If you don't like my point...just move along, bro. Not sure why you feel you have to try to to challenge people so frequently. Are you compensating for something?
I'm simply compensating for your pointless post. It's an easy question, because other than calling out the Gunners and using the match-up/focus issue as an excuse, I didn't understand what exactly it is you are trying to get across. But I'll tell you what dudemon, from now on I'll appease your request and ignore your useless post, just like it seems everyone else did, bro.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 12/3/2009, 8:48 am

Actually, I understood the post and maybe you are right about the Gunners having the most kids playing different sports. Not sure that's right but I'll go with it. That being said, it's the exact reason the Gunners will be playing in d2 next year and eventually break up. My kid plays multiple sports and will continue to until he decides which way he wants to go.

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 12/3/2009, 8:52 am

assuming that is correct with the gunners, youth soccer also needs teams like that. For kids who are not as serious about their soccer but who are obviously way to athletic to be in rec. It let's them play and have fun in an enviornment that also challenges them. The soccer will not hurt them and probably leave them better prepared for whatever sport they do choose.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by dudemon 12/3/2009, 11:05 pm

I agree, go99.

dudemon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 12/4/2009, 3:02 pm

Kickballers. Thin the herd early. Let the players play.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7