Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

99 Who will make D1 ? - Page 4 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

99 Who will make D1 ?

+17
arsenalfan
wbgbpfan
happyfeet
rantnrave
omega striker
Texas101
Ibystander
socmom3
Speedy Gonzales
Eight-Ball
plantit
dudemon
go99
ontherightside
CLUB31
ph223048
Axxman
21 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

99 Who will make D1 ? - Page 4 Empty Re: 99 Who will make D1 ?

Post by plantit 11/14/2009, 5:53 pm

Axxman wrote:
plantit wrote:
Axxman wrote:
plantit wrote:
CLUB31 wrote:I think all that plantiff said is BS
Where is club classic in the 97 age division? Big guy.
I'll answer . became TFC still d-2 but looking at promotion. They lost their top player to FCDallas . Robbed from the other TFC team ( who is now facing relegation to d-3) . And built 1 solid team . Like I said call me a hater all you want but be a 'REALIST" it's the way that it is. Sorry if I pissed in your cornflakes.

95's, 96's, 98's, One "count um" One team in classic . all d-2. Oh , but I hacked the classic website to prove my point. What you call BS. I call reality. Got anything else to add?
Here we go again with the 97 crap. Are you a team manager or the designated FCD/Figo political satirist. I mean, isn't it ironic that the very same stuff you describe of TFC happened with your beloved 97 Figo team and happens to many others in this select system of ours? Perhaps if Figo worked as hard on his coaching as he does on his recruiting, his 99 team would headed somewhere. Was it not for the two nice players that were recruited by your 97s that got them moved up to begin with, or was it his masterful coaching? One nice win does not constitute all the BS. And what happened on Wednesday, you couldn't follow up the win with another. Lay off with the 97 garbage already would ya.

Works hard???? Lets see andro = 2 from asg, 2 from tex, 1 from blitz, A rec player from the sharks.And whoever else I may have missed. Everyone recrutes.

Works hard??? Fig's teams play tournaments almost 2 to1 to andro and he doesn't get paid.You question the work ethic of a man that has had very little "EVER" givin to him. Shame on you. You seem to have a hair up your arse when it comes to this coach. Where I can at least give Josema credit where credit is due . You cannot seem to look at things with an objective mind.

The game wed you didn't even see. 1-0 against the top team in classic . sorry if we let ya down.

The 1 nice player ? found him in rec. He plays goalie, def, mid,and forward all at the same time . everyone else sits around and picks daiseys. Do you drive one of those big 4x4's all jacked up to reinforce your "Big man status" . Seen it a 100 times . Highschool is over. Move on.
Nothing against Figo actually. It's just funny how you can explain the greatness and progress of your 97 team, but the same scenario doesn't apply to others. Only FCD and Figo can pull it off and develop kids.
As far as your 4X4 comment, again you are off the mark. I'm beginning to think you're dillusional.
Don't think I've ever been arrogant enough to call them great. I just use them as an example because they are a good example, bb's team or not. All the teams in classsic are great teams they comprise a short 30 team list in a huge city. some are (of course ) better than others. All have some redeaming talent .

I only get dillusional while sipping mushroom tea ,Hitting a doobie.

Herd you boys had a rough go today. Chivas is a pretty nice little team. I doubt they take 2 out of three.
Off to the suds 99 Who will make D1 ? - Page 4 Drunken_smilie

plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 11/14/2009, 6:44 pm

plantit wrote:
Axxman wrote:
plantit wrote:
Axxman wrote:
plantit wrote:
I'll answer . became TFC still d-2 but looking at promotion. They lost their top player to FCDallas . Robbed from the other TFC team ( who is now facing relegation to d-3) . And built 1 solid team . Like I said call me a hater all you want but be a 'REALIST" it's the way that it is. Sorry if I pissed in your cornflakes.

95's, 96's, 98's, One "count um" One team in classic . all d-2. Oh , but I hacked the classic website to prove my point. What you call BS. I call reality. Got anything else to add?
Here we go again with the 97 crap. Are you a team manager or the designated FCD/Figo political satirist. I mean, isn't it ironic that the very same stuff you describe of TFC happened with your beloved 97 Figo team and happens to many others in this select system of ours? Perhaps if Figo worked as hard on his coaching as he does on his recruiting, his 99 team would headed somewhere. Was it not for the two nice players that were recruited by your 97s that got them moved up to begin with, or was it his masterful coaching? One nice win does not constitute all the BS. And what happened on Wednesday, you couldn't follow up the win with another. Lay off with the 97 garbage already would ya.

Works hard???? Lets see andro = 2 from asg, 2 from tex, 1 from blitz, A rec player from the sharks.And whoever else I may have missed. Everyone recrutes.

Works hard??? Fig's teams play tournaments almost 2 to1 to andro and he doesn't get paid.You question the work ethic of a man that has had very little "EVER" givin to him. Shame on you. You seem to have a hair up your arse when it comes to this coach. Where I can at least give Josema credit where credit is due . You cannot seem to look at things with an objective mind.

The game wed you didn't even see. 1-0 against the top team in classic . sorry if we let ya down.

The 1 nice player ? found him in rec. He plays goalie, def, mid,and forward all at the same time . everyone else sits around and picks daiseys. Do you drive one of those big 4x4's all jacked up to reinforce your "Big man status" . Seen it a 100 times . Highschool is over. Move on.
Nothing against Figo actually. It's just funny how you can explain the greatness and progress of your 97 team, but the same scenario doesn't apply to others. Only FCD and Figo can pull it off and develop kids.
As far as your 4X4 comment, again you are off the mark. I'm beginning to think you're dillusional.
Don't think I've ever been arrogant enough to call them great. I just use them as an example because they are a good example, bb's team or not. All the teams in classsic are great teams they comprise a short 30 team list in a huge city. some are (of course ) better than others. All have some redeaming talent .

Herd you boys had a rough go today. Chivas is a pretty nice little team. I doubt they take 2 out of three.
The suds are sounding good right now. We actually have not been playing well the last three games, so you could say we're on the decline for now. Today not one of our boys showed up and we played a solid little team. I'm surprised that team has taken the losses it has actually. We shall recoup, at least I hope, cause if we play like we did today on Monday, we will lose again. I'm lighting a fire cracker under mine as we speak.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by socmom3 11/14/2009, 7:01 pm

Axxman wrote:
plantit wrote:
Axxman wrote:
plantit wrote:
Axxman wrote:
plantit wrote:

The suds are sounding good right now. We actually have not been playing well the last three games, so you could say we're on the decline for now. Today not one of our boys showed up and we played a solid little team. I'm surprised that team has taken the losses it has actually. We shall recoup, at least I hope, cause if we play like we did today on Monday, we will lose again. I'm lighting a fire cracker under mine as we speak.

Already lit the firecracker, watching soccer videos, drinking red bull, yoga, motivational speaker....whatever it takes!! All mine did today was watch from afar!
Need a few more cold ones to take the sting out of today 99 Who will make D1 ? - Page 4 Drunken_smilie
Hopefully, Monday will be better...oh yeah, the forecast is RAIN 99 Who will make D1 ? - Page 4 Icon_mad
socmom3
socmom3
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 11/15/2009, 8:26 am

Things are getting tight and will be a battle this spring. Fwfc, Athletic and Gunners(have not played bottom five teams) are teams that could easily jump in the top 10 before the end of this thing.
Do clubs like FCDallas, Texans, Solar move players to different teams after the fall season?

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socmom3 11/15/2009, 8:31 am

CLUB31 wrote:Things are getting tight and will be a battle this spring. Fwfc, Athletic and Gunners(have not played bottom five teams) are teams that could easily jump in the top 10 before the end of this thing.
Do clubs like FCDallas, Texans, Solar move players to different teams after the fall season?

In the past I've seen FCD and Texans move players around, Solar not so much. Every year it's different depending on the coaches and the kids since in the end it's their decision whether or not to move teams.
socmom3
socmom3
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Texas101 11/15/2009, 8:58 am

I've heard that a team must retain 75% of their players to be eligible to play in the Classic League the following year. Does anyone know if this is true? it sounds like they put this rule in place so that a coach wouldn't be able to completely turnover his team.

Texas101
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 11/15/2009, 9:44 am

Texas101 wrote:I've heard that a team must retain 75% of their players to be eligible to play in the Classic League the following year. Does anyone know if this is true? it sounds like they put this rule in place so that a coach wouldn't be able to completely turnover his team.
Think that only applies if the team is trying to switch clubs.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/15/2009, 9:47 am

I believe that is true. The 75% rule only applies to a team trying to leave the club. The spots in CL belong to the club and they can do what they want with them. FCD just put an all new juniors team in one of their D1 95 spots.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 11/15/2009, 9:56 am

Which of Athletico, fwfc or Gunners move in top ten based on what you guys have seen?

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 11/15/2009, 10:12 am

CLUB31 wrote:Which of Athletico, fwfc or Gunners move in top ten based on what you guys have seen?
That's a great question and a difficult one to assess. Personally, I can't figure out why Atletico's record is not better than what it is as they seem to have what it takes but don't win the games they should. The Gunners and FW are similar teams but I would give the edge to the Gunners. If I had to pick one of those 3 given what I've seen, it would be the Gunners thus far.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/15/2009, 10:26 am

Was surprised by athletico. Not as good as I was expecting. Blue was all over them in the first half and was looking like our first win. Coach made some critical changes and it all fell apart in the second. I was really expecting better. Had some really skilled kids though.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Eight-Ball 11/15/2009, 10:37 am

Axxman wrote:
CLUB31 wrote:Which of Athletico, fwfc or Gunners move in top ten based on what you guys have seen?
That's a great question and a difficult one to assess. Personally, I can't figure out why Atletico's record is not better than what it is as they seem to have what it takes but don't win the games they should. The Gunners and FW are similar teams but I would give the edge to the Gunners. If I had to pick one of those 3 given what I've seen, it would be the Gunners thus far.

I have not seen Athletico that many times, however, they seem very similar to Club Classic and FCD South. They start games very strong, but then the possession type teams (Texans, Andromeda, Solar Red) frustrate and wear them down and then the goals start hitting the net.

Gunners seem to also burn too much energy early and lose games late. Have not seen FWFC play in a while.

Think the current top 10 are as good a list as any for what it might look like at the end of the spring season - but, I think the order may change a bit.

Eight-Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 11/15/2009, 2:31 pm

I will make a very hostile prediction that all you guys can bank on....Athletico and Gunners will pull out the final two spots over the Bacelona and the Comets- Barcelona- they play good soccer just not enough speed and athletes and the Comets just don't have enough offense and speed.

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 11/15/2009, 3:13 pm

CLUB31 wrote:I will make a very hostile prediction that all you guys can bank on....Athletico and Gunners will pull out the final two spots over the Bacelona and the Comets- Barcelona- they play good soccer just not enough speed and athletes and the Comets just don't have enough offense and speed.
I'm game.  How much do you have in your piggy bank?  
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 11/15/2009, 4:21 pm

CLUB31 wrote:I will make a very hostile prediction that all you guys can bank on....Athletico and Gunners will pull out the final two spots over the Bacelona and the Comets- Barcelona- they play good soccer just not enough speed and athletes and the Comets just don't have enough offense and speed.
wow thats bold! 99 Who will make D1 ? - Page 4 Icon_eek
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 11/15/2009, 5:36 pm

Not that bold just keen observation. After Monday smurf I will take that bet

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 11/15/2009, 5:51 pm

CLUB31 wrote:Not that bold just keen observation. After Monday smurf I will take that bet
Bok bok bocccccccck! come on, make it now.  Now or later, doesn't matter much to me.   My BBs are constantly losing soccer balls.  Bet me three brand new balls.  Kind of unfair, though, since we all have no idea who you are, so I really can't collect.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 11/15/2009, 7:30 pm

Smurfy, all of a sudden you are eager to make wagers......feeling lucky?
This last set of games may shuffle the standings a little prior to finishing this first half of the season. In particular I see three games that should be good ones; Solar Red vs. FW, Solar vs. Comets, and FCD Suarez vs Barcelona. For the sake of predictions and getting people riled up, I'm going to go with Solar Red, Solar, and a tie between Suarez and Barca. In my estimation, that would make the standings end up in this fashion;
1. DT Craft 30
2. DTS 28
3. Andro 24
4. Solar Red 20
5. Solar 18
6. FCD Suarez 18
7. Comets 17
8. Chivas 16
9. Barca 16
10. CC 16
11. Atletico 14
12. FWFC 12
13. Gunners 11
14. ASG 11
15. Tyler 10
16. FCD South 10
17. DTR 7
18. FCD Gold 6
19. FCD Blue 0
20. FC Force 0
Hate away!

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by socmom3 11/16/2009, 7:38 am

So, who thinks we'll get to play tonight? 99 Who will make D1 ? - Page 4 Icon_question
socmom3
socmom3
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Eight-Ball 11/16/2009, 7:49 am

socmom3 wrote:So, who thinks we'll get to play tonight? 99 Who will make D1 ? - Page 4 Icon_question

sunny and windy this afternoon - should dry out the fields!

Eight-Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 11/16/2009, 9:41 am

Axxman wrote:Smurfy, all of a sudden you are eager to make wagers......feeling lucky?
This last set of games may shuffle the standings a little prior to finishing this first half of the season. In particular I see three games that should be good ones; Solar Red vs. FW, Solar vs. Comets, and FCD Suarez vs Barcelona. For the sake of predictions and getting people riled up, I'm going to go with Solar Red, Solar, and a tie between Suarez and Barca. In my estimation, that would make the standings end up in this fashion;
1. DT Craft 30
2. DTS 28
3. Andro 24
4. Solar Red 20
5. Solar 18
6. FCD Suarez 18
7. Comets 17
8. Chivas 16
9. Barca 16
10. CC 16
11. Atletico 14
12. FWFC 12
13. Gunners 11
14. ASG 11
15. Tyler 10
16. FCD South 10
17. DTR 7
18. FCD Gold 6
19. FCD Blue 0
20. FC Force 0
Hate away!
Luck has very little to do with my picks. I already picked Barca and Comets to be in D1, long before any of you gave them a second glance. As for predicting other teams' demise, I find that completely uninteresting. Like I said before, I don't count battles, as long as we win the war. 99 Who will make D1 ? - Page 4 Affraid
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Eight-Ball 11/16/2009, 10:35 am

Ibystander wrote:
Axxman wrote:Smurfy, all of a sudden you are eager to make wagers......feeling lucky?
1. DT Craft 30
2. DTS 28
3. Andro 24
4. Solar Red 20
5. Solar 18
6. FCD Suarez 18
7. Comets 17
8. Chivas 16
9. Barca 16
10. CC 16
11. Atletico 14
12. FWFC 12
13. Gunners 11
14. ASG 11
15. Tyler 10
16. FCD South 10
17. DTR 7
18. FCD Gold 6
19. FCD Blue 0
20. FC Force 0
Hate away!
Luck has very little to do with my picks. I already picked Barca and Comets to be in D1, long before any of you gave them a second glance. As for predicting other teams' demise, I find that completely uninteresting. Like I said before, I don't count battles, as long as we win the war. 99 Who will make D1 ? - Page 4 Affraid

You have a tough road - First 9 games: Gunners, CC, FCD Blue, Chivas, DTR, Tyler, FWFC, ASG and Barcelona - 17 points. Next 10 games: DT, DTS, Andromeda, Solar Red, Solar, FCD, Athletico, FCD South, FCD Gold and FC Force. You have a very tough schedule to navigate!

Eight-Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 11/16/2009, 10:43 am

Eight-Ball wrote:
Ibystander wrote:
1. DT Craft 30
2. DTS 28
3. Andro 24
4. Solar Red 20
5. Solar 18
6. FCD Suarez 18
7. Comets 17
8. Chivas 16
9. Barca 16
10. CC 16
11. Atletico 14
12. FWFC 12
13. Gunners 11
14. ASG 11
15. Tyler 10
16. FCD South 10
17. DTR 7
18. FCD Gold 6
19. FCD Blue 0
20. FC Force 0
Hate away!

You have a tough road - First 9 games: Gunners, CC, FCD Blue, Chivas, DTR, Tyler, FWFC, ASG and Barcelona - 17 points. Next 10 games: DT, DTS, Andromeda, Solar Red, Solar, FCD, Athletico, FCD South, FCD Gold and FC Force. You have a very tough schedule to navigate!
I'm with Clubman on this, sorry Smurfy. At least you seem to have two dogs in this hunt, and my bet is that if one makes it and the other doesn't, your bb will end up on the one that does. Perhaps the word should have been frisky, not lucky.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 11/16/2009, 10:50 am

Picks for tonight:
Red 2 ASG 0
Athelico Madrid 0 Texan Red 0
FCDallas(Fig) 1 Gunners 1
CCO 5 bLACK 0
Texans(Craft) 3 Chivas 2
Solar Red 3 FWFC 1
Comets 2 Solar 1
Also, Axx there are a tone of teams with a schedule like the one you gave the Smurf(Comets).

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Eight-Ball 11/16/2009, 10:58 am

Somebody sent me this the other day in a PM - adds up the winning percentage of each team and the teams they have played to determine a "strength of schedule" for the games already played. A high number is a tough schedule, low number an easy schedule. Results are pretty logical based on the way CL tries to play the top 10 against the bottom in in the first season.

FC Force - 4.9
FCD Blue - 4.7
Club Classic - 4.4
DTR - 4.3
FCD South - 4.2
Athletico - 4.1
FCD Gold - 4.0
Gunners - 4.0
Tyler - 3.9
Barcelona - 3.6
FWFC - 3.2
Chivas - 2.8
Solar - 2.75
DT - 2.5
ASG - 2.5
Solar Red - 2.4
Comets - 2.3
Andromeda - 2.3
DTS - 2.2
FCD - 1.9

Eight-Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 11/16/2009, 11:27 am

Eight-Ball wrote:Somebody sent me this the other day in a PM - adds up the winning percentage of each team and the teams they have played to determine a "strength of schedule" for the games already played. A high number is a tough schedule, low number an easy schedule. Results are pretty logical based on the way CL tries to play the top 10 against the bottom in in the first season.

FC Force - 4.9
FCD Blue - 4.7
Club Classic - 4.4
DTR - 4.3
FCD South - 4.2
Athletico - 4.1
FCD Gold - 4.0
Gunners - 4.0
Tyler - 3.9
Barcelona - 3.6
FWFC - 3.2
Chivas - 2.8
Solar - 2.75
DT - 2.5
ASG - 2.5
Solar Red - 2.4
Comets - 2.3
Andromeda - 2.3
DTS - 2.2
FCD - 1.9
Makes sense, which to Clubs point, is why it was important to rack up as many points as possible during this first half of the season, knowing that the second half will not be as easy.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next